Clothing: Carhartt's or Dickies
Aug 24, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #16 of 41
If you will be giving the clothes a genuine workout, it seems the consensus is Carhartt. But, working at ACE hardware, how extreme an environment will your clothes likely see?

Wal-Mart also has a brand of work clothes called "Liberty" that I have seen around.

Aug 24, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #17 of 41
I have a Carhart winter coat, that's what I plan to use when plowing my driveway this winter. Never wore Dickies, but my sister does have a Dickies nurse uniform.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by strid3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have a Carhartt jacket that has lasted me for a good 3 years and still going. Carthartt vote here.

Same. No rips, hardly any warn down areas and the stitching is still solid. Dickies is a bit too funky looking for my tastes.

Aug 24, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just blindly voted for Dickies. Certainly not the popular one. What did I vote for?

ken36 [insert American equivalent of Marks & Spencers] is that way
tongue.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #23 of 41
Vote Carhartt work dungarees (Carhartt Brown--made in the USA): reduced flappage while riding the m-cycle, zero flappage with the flannel-lined dungarees. Perfect cell phone pocket on the right thigh, RSA Tomahawk on the left.

BTW Redwing m-cycle boots turn your socks blue.

Aug 24, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #24 of 41
Carhartt's for the win in my book.

But wouldn't you know it, Baker Hughes told me that when they send me for field work on the North Slope, I am required to wear Nomex.

Aug 25, 2007 at 8:07 AM Post #25 of 41
Looks like Carhartt's are winning. I think I'll wash all the Carhartt cloths in Woolite to make them softer =)

Aug 26, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #26 of 41
sat night bump for more votes...

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #27 of 41
I am off to find a Carhartt's retailer...

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cabela's:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...yTerm=carhartt

There is no Cabela's in WA state..yet. It looks like one is being built in Lacey, WA...but that's way to far for me to drive for just Carhartt clothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back