CLOSED
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #153 of 313
Jun 20, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #154 of 313
Good to see WSH9415 and CS46L41 are in the 60-84 range.

I also liked how the Apple Type-C has no specs disclosed, even though we know they had CS46L06 in them and are max 24/48 playback and recording. Versatile is one aspect - not many can record at 24/48, nor is it of no importance that this dongle is the 'Apple iPhone sound' itself, for such a low cost. It reminds me of the LG phone DIY DAC board which overheated easily. Because many people buy phones just to play music (and other uses), this aspect is quite important.

Perhaps this Apple Type-C is an EU model with volume cap? Or purely unable to work at full power on Android...

Also interesting that most CS43131 dongles are in the 85-95 range while DC03/04 distinguish themselves from the other CS43131 dongles. In terms of price performance ratios, 85-95 range is the sweet spot it seems.

CX-Pro Audio CX31993, like Ovidius B1, is a mysterious device. Obviously I liked Conexant's DAC on ThinkPads such as X220, but there was always the noise issues, or implementation problems. It is questionable whether Conexant CX31993 actually exists. In any case, reviews of Chinese-designed dongles are very much necessary. In some way, these obscure devices managed to roughly match devices like E1DA 9038D.

Thank you for the real life testing!

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #155 of 313
CX-Pro Audio CX31993, like Ovidius B1, is a mysterious device. Obviously I liked Conexant's DAC on ThinkPads such as X220, but there was always the noise issues, or implementation problems. It is questionable whether Conexant CX31993 actually exists. In any case, reviews of Chinese-designed dongles are very much necessary. In some way, these obscure devices managed to roughly match devices like E1DA 9038D.

Thank you for the real life testing!
Exactly the reason why I'm curious with CX31993 and decide to get it.. I could not find any reference about the chip.. And Conexant as company have been disolved to Synaptics the new owner..

So it could be the last gem that Conexant made before they went out as audio chip company.. In such the case, the stock supply of CX31993 would be limited.. (Maybe a lot just like Tripath chip amp, but still limited )

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #158 of 313
Just got my Audirect Beam S2e. Sound is pretty good but I have one problem. Whenever I use it, there is an audible clicking sound that’s present in the background. Is this normal? Whenever I stop playing music, the clicking sound would stop as well. Hope anyone could help me out.

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #159 of 313
Just got my Audirect Beam S2e. Sound is pretty good but I have one problem. Whenever I use it, there is an audible clicking sound that’s present in the background. Is this normal? Whenever I stop playing music, the clicking sound would stop as well. Hope anyone could help me out.
What is your phone model? some older Android (2018 and older) have weaker USB power supply. If you plug your BEAM 2SE to a PC, you will observe that the crackling will not be audible. You can probably solve this issue by using UAPP. The latest model ESS DAC chip in that unit does seem to demand more power than other dongles

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #160 of 313
What is your phone model? some older Android (2018 and older) have weaker USB power supply. If you plug your BEAM 2SE to a PC, you will observe that the crackling will not be audible. You can probably solve this issue by using UAPP. The latest model ESS DAC chip in that unit does seem to demand more power than other dongles
I use an Ipod touch 6th gen. I’m already on the lowest gain if that helps. Is UAPP available on the app store for idevices? Is there any other solution?

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #161 of 313
I use an Ipod touch 6th gen. I’m already on the lowest gain if that helps. Is UAPP available on the app store for idevices? Is there any other solution?
Then the USB 2.0 power of that iPod Touch is not sufficient. Lowest gain will not help. This is weak power from an older model host

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #162 of 313
Incredibile work!!
Thank's a lot for your effort!!👍

Based on you review I've buy the CS PRO AUDIO CS46L41 now on the way from china.

I have choose this 'cos I'm treble sensitive and hope this one Is enough warm.

With 2*70mv do you think It has power enough to drive hard iem like Tanchjim Tanya and similar?

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #163 of 313
Then the USB 2.0 power of that iPod Touch is not sufficient. Lowest gain will not help. This is weak power from an older model host
Just tried it on my iphone 11. Yup you’re right, my iphone 11 doesn’t have that clicking sound. Will try it later with my iPod touch 7th gen. As that is my main player for listening to music.

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #164 of 313
Incredibile work!!
Thank's a lot for your effort!!👍

Based on you review I've buy the CS PRO AUDIO CS46L41 now on the way from china.

I have choose this 'cos I'm treble sensitive and hope this one Is enough warm.

With 2*70mv do you think It has power enough to drive hard iem like Tanchjim Tanya and similar?
Thanks! Unfortunately I have no experience with Tanya. However the CS46L41 was able to drive my Etymotic ER2XR which is not very efficient at 96db of sensitivity, so I don't think it will have problem with the Tanya

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #165 of 313
Just tried it on my iphone 11. Yup you’re right, my iphone 11 doesn’t have that clicking sound. Will try it later with my iPod touch 7th gen. As that is my main player for listening to music.
I solved the clicking issue. Turns out that I had my the volume limit enabled on my settings, turned it off then voila! No more clicking issue. I don’t know why I used the word voila. Hahaha. Anyways, thanks for helping me out. 😊

edit: The clicking sound persists on my lower impedance earbuds. Will try to use my ipod touch 7th gen later and hopefully it won’t have the clicking issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back