CLOSED
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #181 of 313
I though I was the only Crazy One!😄
4F676909-D738-42A0-9F0B-37BE5C34FD57.jpeg

Jun 23, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #183 of 313
Has anyone been using the Astell&Kern Pee51 dongle dac with their Mac? There’s a channel volume imbalance every time you insert the dac, I have to go into midi settings to balance the volume.

Jun 23, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #186 of 313
@OspreyAndy What have you learnt from this exercise so far?

My own subjective impression is that, the more expensive the dongles, the richer and smoother and more natural they sound. Cheaper dongles sound leaner and sharper, on average. My selection is, of course, limited.

Some of your recs we can't get in the west, but co-blogger KopiOkaya in Singapore ordered that $13 fave of yours.

And most of the ones I tested sound better with a USB "decrappifier" such as the Jitterbug. I have tons of fun experimenting with these [bought the original Jitterbug in 2016] and just ordered the ifi Audio iSilencer on the rec of KopiOkaya.

In general, I prefer phone with dongle over dap...I don't like carrying two devices and can use the dongle with other devices.

IMG_0127.jpeg

Jun 24, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #188 of 313
@OspreyAndy please try to get an Earmen Sparrow to complete the mix...I am really dying to know how high it will be in your scale.

Jun 24, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #190 of 313
@OspreyAndy What have you learnt from this exercise so far?

My own subjective impression is that, the more expensive the dongles, the richer and smoother and more natural they sound. Cheaper dongles sound leaner and sharper, on average. My selection is, of course, limited.

Some of your recs we can't get in the west, but co-blogger KopiOkaya in Singapore ordered that $13 fave of yours.

And most of the ones I tested sound better with a USB "decrappifier" such as the Jitterbug. I have tons of fun experimenting with these [bought the original Jitterbug in 2016] and just ordered the ifi Audio iSilencer on the rec of KopiOkaya.

In general, I prefer phone with dongle over dap...I don't like carrying two devices and can use the dongle with other devices.

IMG_0127.jpeg
Isilencer is real. I can say.

Jun 24, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #191 of 313
Thanks Andy. Great job. Great benefit for everyone. I doubt the need for a rating. Perhaps it was worth more clearly defining the criteria by which the stars were put. But for portable sound lovers, this is a huge help. Specially registered to say THANKS!
And express admiration for your work for everyone.

p.s.
I bought myself XDuoo Link2 - for use. Your words about him helped me.

And cx13993 - out of curiosity, and to have in its collection a device with five stars and above eminent competitors. And because it was not expensive and fun. )))

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #193 of 313
Thanks Andy. Great job. Great benefit for everyone. I doubt the need for a rating. Perhaps it was worth more clearly defining the criteria by which the stars were put. But for portable sound lovers, this is a huge help. Specially registered to say THANKS!
And express admiration for your work for everyone.

p.s.
I bought myself XDuoo Link2 - for use. Your words about him helped me.

And cx13993 - out of curiosity, and to have in its collection a device with five stars and above eminent competitors. And because it was not expensive and fun. )))
Спасибо

Jun 24, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #194 of 313
And apparently sold out in your region...actually, wrong, the new Jitterbug is sold out.

Sadly, jitterbug is usb A only. This would be hard for usbc dongle. ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back