CLOSED
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2021 at 4:48 AM Post #136 of 313
Comparable to L&P W2 or difference is big enough to justify price difference.

I would say LP W2 is fuller in all frequency. But price performance, dc04 is very good already.

Jun 20, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #139 of 313
Now try DC04 on USB 3.0 power. Then perhaps the bigger headroom and meatier dynamics will match L&P W2 (which benefit from discrete power internally)
Currently W2 is in a class of it's own even among the more expensive $200+ dacs. The iBassos cannot get close yet. Its not just a power thing. I'm sure in a year or two the $100 dacs will be competitive and that will be a happy day. (Subjectively, W2 would be a 6 or even a 7 on OspreyAndy's scale - said as an owner of two of the current 5 star entries).

Jun 20, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #140 of 313
Currently W2 is in a class of it's own even among the more expensive $200+ dacs. The iBassos cannot get close yet. Its not just a power thing. I'm sure in a year or two the $100 dacs will be competitive and that will be a happy day. (Subjectively, W2 would be a 6 or even a 7 on OspreyAndy's scale - said as an owner of two of the current 5 star entries).
Thanks. I will not be buying a W2. But that's some great perspective.

Jun 20, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #142 of 313
I am thinking about new dongle to use with my laptop.

I currently have Radsone ES100 (for smartphone) and Hidizs S9 (for laptop). My IEMs: ISN H40.

I like the sound characteristics of the Radsone ES100 more than the Hidizs S9 - the sound of the ES100 is fuller, more dynamic and musical without becoming harsh. The bass is more springy.

I am considering iBasso DC04 or Shanling UA2 - I wonder which one will be closer to the ES100 characteristics described above. In the case of the DC04, I am afraid that the sound may be too bright, that it will lack fullness. As for the Shanling UA2, I am afraid that the problem may be too linear (which characterizes the DACs Sabre) and lack of engagement.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jun 20, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #143 of 313
The CX31993 is very intriguing but I think I’m going to get a Jcally JM04 pro solely for the way it looks 😆. Not really a fan of the blue and silver lol!

Jun 20, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #145 of 313

I currently have Radsone ES100 (for smartphone) and Hidizs S9 (for laptop). My IEMs: ISN H40.

I like the sound characteristics of the Radsone ES100 more than the Hidizs S9 - the sound of the ES100 is fuller, more dynamic and musical without becoming harsh. The bass is more springy.

I am considering iBasso DC04 or Shanling UA2 - I wonder which one will be closer to the ES100 characteristics described above. In the case of the DC04, I am afraid that the sound may be too bright, that it will lack fullness. As for the Shanling UA2, I am afraid that the problem may be too linear (which characterizes the DACs Sabre) and lack of engagement.

I have no experience with ES100. But if you already have Hidizs S9 then getting Shanling UA2 will not make much difference as both of them are on the warmer side of things on my book. iBasso DC04 however is what I would choose, and I have clearly written in my impressions why I liked DC04 so much.

Jun 20, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #148 of 313
I have no experience with ES100. But if you already have Hidizs S9 then getting Shanling UA2 will not make much difference as both of them are on the warmer side of things on my book. iBasso DC04 however is what I would choose, and I have clearly written in my impressions why I liked DC04 so much.

Thank you for your response!

I like warm sound, but in Hidizs S9 I miss a bit of dynamics and filling of the sound. The bass reaches low, but for me it is a bit too hard and not fleshy.

So the Shanling UA2 will not be an improvement in these aspects over the Hidizs S9? iBasso DC04 will be a better choice?

Jun 20, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #149 of 313

Can confirm dc04. I have tried es100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back