CLOSED
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #106 of 313
7 more casualties that has failed the Tin HiFi P1 tests. I will not do any further tests on these. They are either anemic, grainy, weird tonality/timbre, thin sounding or exhibited distortion under load. On top of that they are too large for portable use. Don't waste money on these like I did, they are not even fit for PC Audio (music) usage.

PLEXTONE GS1 MKii Type C
UGREEN Soundcard1
UGREEN Soundcard2
XtremPro X1
Creative Sound BlasterX G1 7.1
ORICO SC2
ORICO SKT2

20210618_153809_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #110 of 313
Lotoo s1 has been demoted... What is the reason?
Further A/B it does not perform as great with magnetic planars while the other top performers exhibited better driving prowess and dynamics. Lotoo approach of being a bit too laid back cost the rating point to drop a bit

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #112 of 313
I don't need it... but I cannot stop myself getting cx31993... 😅 $US13 is too good to pass... (net price after a bit discount, already including custom fee via Lazada Indonesia)

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #113 of 313
Jeepers the pandemic gave you a lot of free time….

Jun 18, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #115 of 313
I ordered this. hiby fc3, how does he listen to techno, trance, dance music? overall a good DAC? Or is e1da much better?
It depends on what IEMs/Headphones you use. As I repeatedly noted, your IEMs/Headphones impart the majority of the sound signature and the source will complete the synergy. Assuming that you already have an warm sounding unit then the FC3 will shine the best. But if you have something like Beyerdynamic DT990, DT770 or Etymotic ER4SR, then you will find the output a bit too bright and can be sibilant. And yes when synergy is struck the FC3 will be great for EBM

Jun 18, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #116 of 313
7 more casualties that has failed the Tin HiFi P1 tests. I will not do any further tests on these. They are either anemic, grainy, weird tonality/timbre, thin sounding or exhibited distortion under load. On top of that they are too large for portable use. Don't waste money on these like I did, they are not even fit for PC Audio (music) usage.

PLEXTONE GS1 MKii Type C
UGREEN Soundcard1
UGREEN Soundcard2
XtremPro X1
Creative Sound BlasterX G1 7.1
ORICO SC2
ORICO SKT2

20210618_153809_HDR.jpg
Andy, if you are already testing units of this size then I beseech you again to give the Qudelix 5K a go. I already have one and I have nothing to gain from this, it's just that I think it's too good for you to pass up in your testing. It's at least comparable to the E1DAs, IMHO. Again, just my humble 0.02.

Jun 18, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #117 of 313
Andy, if you are already testing units of this size then I beseech you again to give the Qudelix 5K a go. I already have one and I have nothing to gain from this, it's just that I think it's too good for you to pass up in your testing. It's at least comparable to the E1DAs, IMHO. Again, just my humble 0.02.
Once I recovered some funds I will probably get the Qudelix, now I am painfully broke

Jun 18, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #119 of 313
It depends on what IEMs/Headphones you use. As I repeatedly noted, your IEMs/Headphones impart the majority of the sound signature and the source will complete the synergy. Assuming that you already have an warm sounding unit then the FC3 will shine the best. But if you have something like Beyerdynamic DT990, DT770 or Etymotic ER4SR, then you will find the output a bit too bright and can be sibilant. And yes when synergy is struck the FC3 will be great
Headphones KZ ZS 10 Pro + I bought the wire better for the headphones, what will happen with this DAC? THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #120 of 313
Headphones KZ ZS 10 Pro + I bought the wire better for the headphones, what will happen with this DAC? THANK YOU!
I wish I can advise you better. But I have no idea how ZS 10 Pro sounds like. You know your IEM best so if you think it is well balanced and not already very sparkly then FC3 will work perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back