closed until further notice
Jan 14, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #46 of 135

Quote:
Quote:
Right now we need to clear something up. Does the seller know that he is selling fakes? Could you post a link to the original FS/FT post?

oh yeah...he knows all right...claimed it would come with a receipt from stereo 9an authorized dealer in singapore) as expected...no receipt

"Justin Ng" <xjuztin@gmail.com> (oh...my mistake, that's his email account)
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/524760/wts-wtt-a-pair-of-original-miles-davis-tribute-in-ear-headphones-with-reciept
oh another mistake...here's his address:
 Justin Ng
82 Linden Drive
Singapore 288720

I had a sinking feeling something was wrong when he told me the CD was shipped outside of the box...

Hi, buffalowings. I'm really sorry for your loss in this transaction, but I hope it doesn't completely destroy your opinion of Singaporean Head-fiers. I'm from Singapore as well and I'll help you spread the message to fellow traders in Singapore. There are many of us out there that frankly want to just share the good stuff but then again, there are scammers like these. What I'm absolutely appalled with is the location of where he lives, Linden Road is one of the places in Singapore where the rich really congregates and he can probably well-afford himself a pair of triple-fis(currently going at $480SGD at stereo). It's this absolute lack of integrity and the idea that one can simply get away with this sort of thing because it's all documented on the Internet that causes me to fume, I can totally understand if you do not want to partake in international sales ever again. Peace from Singapore(don't hate my country because of people like this!) 

I'm interested in finding these fakes in Singapore though, never knew we had people selling them. Our government cracks down hard on piracy and IP violations, so fakes are very rare.

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #47 of 135
It seems like there's quite a bit of vitriol directed towards newer sellers and traders on this thread. I have been a long-time "lurker" on Head-Fi, and have acquired many, many pairs of headphones before recently making an account. As you might have noticed, my "posts to feedback" ratio isn't exactly the highest. Although so-called "newbie" members do have a higher chance of not upholding a deal or whatnot, there would be no "veteran" members if we do not buy from or trade with newer members.

To the OP, try contacting SingPost with the USPS tracking number and get them to redirect the package back to you. You might have to pay some fees though.

Jan 14, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #48 of 135
I've done a lot of trading on ebay etc. and I never deal with Paypal gift and always insure for full amount. I sound like a broken record but it's worth the money to do it right and have as much recourse as possible. It still can't protect you from fakes on trades but that can't really be hekped other than knowing your trade partner. I generally sell US only when customs is involved (higher values) as I just don't care for international shipping and the paperwork but that's personal.  

I don't think an exchange of funds were involved here but Paypal isn't going to protect you from fakes. They only go by proof of delivery so in this case Mr Ng could make a claim even though he was the scammer. NA here but just some info for those that may need it.

Hope those TF10s stay lost and you get that cash, buffalo. It's not that much lost but the feeling of being taken advantage of like that stays with you for a bit. Good luck.

Jan 14, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #49 of 135

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Right now we need to clear something up. Does the seller know that he is selling fakes? Could you post a link to the original FS/FT post?

oh yeah...he knows all right...claimed it would come with a receipt from stereo 9an authorized dealer in singapore) as expected...no receipt

"Justin Ng" <xjuztin@gmail.com> (oh...my mistake, that's his email account)
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/524760/wts-wtt-a-pair-of-original-miles-davis-tribute-in-ear-headphones-with-reciept
oh another mistake...here's his address:
 Justin Ng
82 Linden Drive
Singapore 288720

I had a sinking feeling something was wrong when he told me the CD was shipped outside of the box...

Hi, buffalowings. I'm really sorry for your loss in this transaction, but I hope it doesn't completely destroy your opinion of Singaporean Head-fiers. I'm from Singapore as well and I'll help you spread the message to fellow traders in Singapore. There are many of us out there that frankly want to just share the good stuff but then again, there are scammers like these. What I'm absolutely appalled with is the location of where he lives, Linden Road is one of the places in Singapore where the rich really congregates and he can probably well-afford himself a pair of triple-fis(currently going at $480SGD at stereo). It's this absolute lack of integrity and the idea that one can simply get away with this sort of thing because it's all documented on the Internet that causes me to fume, I can totally understand if you do not want to partake in international sales ever again. Peace from Singapore(don't hate my country because of people like this!) 

I'm interested in finding these fakes in Singapore though, never knew we had people selling them. Our government cracks down hard on piracy and IP violations, so fakes are very rare.

that was exactly my thought, because singapore seems to be very strict compared to many other places in the world

Jan 14, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #50 of 135

Quote:
It seems like there's quite a bit of vitriol directed towards newer sellers and traders on this thread. I have been a long-time "lurker" on Head-Fi, and have acquired many, many pairs of headphones before recently making an account. As you might have noticed, my "posts to feedback" ratio isn't exactly the highest. Although so-called "newbie" members do have a higher chance of not upholding a deal or whatnot, there would be no "veteran" members if we do not buy from or trade with newer members.

To the OP, try contacting SingPost with the USPS tracking number and get them to redirect the package back to you. You might have to pay some fees though.

I don't think they will/can do that, expecially since they don't even know where the package is, but hopefully, it stays missing for good...

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #51 of 135
The address that you provided for the seller happens to be a business address, it is quite easy to locate the company's name using Goggle. From there you will be able to find the website of this company.

I will not post the name of this company as they may not be involved in this incident. In this website, under the 'contact us' page, there is a listing of the people in this company and none of them are called Justin. This Justin fellow may be a neighbor lurking around that no82 postbox hoping to catch the mailman perhaps.

An email was submitted to this company to alert them of this incident and pointing them to this thread to give them a chance to find out what is going on. Of course whether they respond or not is entirely up to them.

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #54 of 135
It's a prejudiced comment. Singapore has a cosmopolitan makeup (different races).

Quote:

not being racist...but i thought i could trust most singapore citizens...

that is racist - saying not being racist doesnt make it not racist.

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #55 of 135

Quote:
It's a prejudiced comment. Singapore has a cosmopolitan makeup (different races).

Quote:

Quote:

this isn't a matter of race, it's a matter of location. am I wrong to say that crime rates are higher in impoverished areas because people need to survive (or they didn't receive a adequate education)? If most people in a country are well off or at least moderately wealthy would less people be inclined to steal? when dealing on the internet, we have to make a choice based on the info we are presented. and one of them happens to be location. 

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #56 of 135
1+

If you get a certain address, decide to go farther so you google/search it research to find out if it's a bad neighborhood. Then when the results say it is , you make the decision not to do business with that individual. I'd say it's justified it's your choice you can do whatever you want to , of course at the end of the day it's messed up because the other side does not get to receive the goods he thought he was due but hey....your safe. Just precaution, I couldn't see myself doing this but I just might if I ship it to a slum -low poverty- and I don't get what I was supposed to receive in return. In my head I know not all people in this run-down community are alike but damm I just got scammed. To each is own.

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #57 of 135

Quote:
The address that you provided for the seller happens to be a business address, it is quite easy to locate the company's name using Goggle. From there you will be able to find the website of this company.

I will not post the name of this company as they may not be involved in this incident. In this website, under the 'contact us' page, there is a listing of the people in this company and none of them are called Justin. This Justin fellow may be a neighbor lurking around that no82 postbox hoping to catch the mailman perhaps.

An email was submitted to this company to alert them of this incident and pointing them to this thread to give them a chance to find out what is going on. Of course whether they respond or not is entirely up to them.

Hi people. I came here as referred by diffuse101's email. I'm residing in 82linden drive, and we have no one by the name of justin living here. I've read the thread and I'm very sorry about what had happen to buffalowings. 

I do not know why or how did justin use my address for this scam, and I've neither receive anything rather than regular mails in my mailbox. I'm again very sorry about what had happened here.

PS. not all Singaporeans are like justin, apparently he is the first singaporean scammer I've heard about, and I'll get some security to check on my mailbox. 

thanks and regards! 

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #60 of 135

Quote:
Quote:

Hi people. I came here as referred by diffuse101's email. I'm residing in 82linden drive, and we have no one by the name of justin living here. I've read the thread and I'm very sorry about what had happen to buffalowings. 

I do not know why or how did justin use my address for this scam, and I've neither receive anything rather than regular mails in my mailbox. I'm again very sorry about what had happened here.

PS. not all Singaporeans are like justin, apparently he is the first singaporean scammer I've heard about, and I'll get some security to check on my mailbox. 

thanks and regards! 

wow...this is becoming really interesting...okay getting very strange here, searched onceclick on google, and i got this...
http://oneeyeclick.wordpress.com/category/by-ginosko/
is it just me, or does this guy resemble this guy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back