closed until further notice
Jan 11, 2011 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 135

buffalowings

Went way too far, too many times.
never again will i make a transaction involving a person/persons located overseas or out of the continental united states. why? because of my last experience dealing with a transaction. I was involved in a trade with a fellow head-fier located in singapore. i sent my item (purchased for $150) on the 13th of december (guaranteed for delivery on 20th) it is now the 11th of january and I have yet to receive my expected item nor has the opposing party. I asked the united states postal service to issue a search for the package two weeks ago and they never returned my calls as promised with updated info. i called the postal service today and asked for the results of the search, after waiting for the customer representative to bring up the results, she informed me that singpost (postal service of singapore) couldn't locate my package...therefore it was lost. this would have been okay if i had insured it for the full value. but because the opposing party wanted to avoid customs fees, i had agreed to value the package at $55. what do i do now? i have yet to receive my item nor has the other person involved in the deal. Do I have to absorb the full cost of the replacement? or should it be split between us? because frankly, I don't feel like it is right that i should have to issue a replacement or send the person a full refund. And also, is the package really lost? just because singpost can't locate it, doesn't mean it is lost does it?

never again

james

Jan 11, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #2 of 135
that's poop man

I'd wait for at least another month from now

Jan 11, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #3 of 135
you are just unlucky. I have deals with people from everywhere and never had a problem.

Jan 11, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #4 of 135
^ Agreed, I've had plenty of successful business transactions all went smoothly thats F'd up that happened though somebody would getting punched in the face right now. Whomever it might be mail man or the sender....I hope you get this resolved.

Jan 11, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #5 of 135
what do you guys think I should do next? i have yet to receive my package so should i wait a bit more before I do anything next?

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #6 of 135
definitely wait a couple of weeks longer before you take other steps

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #7 of 135
During busy periods of Holidays, postal services do not work as fast and efficient as they should.
I think there is still a chance both packages will appear some day. What method did you use, USPS or priority mail international?

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #8 of 135

Quote:
During busy periods of Holidays, postal services do not work as fast and efficient as they should.
I think there is still a chance both packages will appear some day. What method did you use, USPS or priority mail international?

express mail international, guaranteed from USPS

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #9 of 135
that is strange man. don't you have a tracking code?

I mean I had a package sent from US on december 18 that took 3 weeks and a half to arrive. normally it takes one week...

Quote:
Quote:

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #10 of 135

Quote:
that is strange man. don't you have a tracking code?

I mean I had a package sent from US on december 18 that took 3 weeks and a half to arrive. normally it takes one week...

Quote:
Quote:

yes, the trail stops as soon as the package left united states territory...the other person said he sent the package with a service that should have arrived in 5 days as well ( just checked the tracking number,they just arrived in belmont yesterday)....

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #11 of 135
I wouldn't wait any longer whatever you are going to do do it now. Re-contact the post office, contact the sender ask him/her did they send it and are they sure. Make sure it didn't switch carriers like UPS loves to do. And the receiver doesn't have his product either....hmmm.

Update: Wait what...! So now you've located the package being sent to you....or no?

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #12 of 135

Quote:
I wouldn't wait any longer whatever you are going to do do it now. Re-contact the post office, contact the sender ask him/her did they send it and are they sure. Make sure it didn't switch carriers like UPS loves to do. And the receiver doesn't have his product either....hmmm.

Update: Wait what...! So now you've located the package being sent to you....or no?

oh...they're arrived in belmont yesterday...should be out for delivery by tomorrow (if there isn't the impending snow storm)

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #13 of 135

When you checked the tracking number online did it exit customs? Sometimes it's hard to tell. I've had packages held up to a month in customs before. They will hold and inspect random packages for no reason.
I recently had some DVDs shipped from Japan and they were stuck on "Container 1" for two weeks until one day they just showed up at my post office without a change in it's status.

I would do the claim with the post office. If express mail doesn't get to it's destination by the guaranteed delivery date you get a refund of the shipping costs. Doing the claim might cause a status update and maybe they'll find the package.
Most likely it will show up.

I ship out maybe a hundred packages all over the world each month and I probably lose about 2 every 6 months. It stinks. How on earth do packages just suddently get lost?! It's bad enough air mail in the USA (not express) doesn't even provide tracking, but every other country's air mail seems to provide this.

Quote:
Quote:

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #14 of 135

Quote:
When you checked the tracking number online did it exit customs? Sometimes it's hard to tell. I've had packages held up to a month in customs before. They will hold and inspect random packages for no reason.
I recently had some DVDs shipped from Japan and they were stuck on "Container 1" for two weeks until one day they just showed up at my post office without a change in it's status.

I would do the claim with the post office. If express mail doesn't get to it's destination by the guaranteed delivery date you get a refund of the shipping costs. Doing the claim might cause a status update and maybe they'll find the package.
Most likely it will show up.

I ship out maybe a hundred packages all over the world each month and I probably lose about 2 every 6 months. It stinks. How on earth do packages just suddently get lost?! It's bad enough air mail in the USA (not express) doesn't even provide tracking, but every other country's air mail seems to provide this.

Quote:
Quote:

yeah,I contacted usps asking for a refund, and they told me the system for shipping refunds was down..wth...anywho, usps says singpost contacted them saying they couldn't locate the package. maybe they just did a piss ass poor attempt into looking for the package and simply marked it off as missing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back