CLOSED to NEW - See AudioTiers in my Signature: US Head-Fi Tour: VISION EARS ELYSIUM vs. VE8 vs. ERLKöNIG TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2019
Dec 13, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #91 of 775
ERLKöNIG Impressions
Best universal that I have ever heard!!!
Too bad the ERLKoNIG doesn't come in a custom version as I would very much love to do a full review. However, in a universal format, I still get a reasonably good seal and the best performance I can imagine from a universal. When I cup my ears, the performance does improve so I know that even at the top of the heap, there is more to give in a custom format.

If you read my ELYSIUM review, you know that I am very impressed with all Vision Ear's top tier lineup including the ELYSIUM, VE8, and the ERLKoNIG. VE has infused magic to both their bass and their full-sized presentation even at low volumes that I have not heard anywhere else. This means, even at low volume, the musicians sound full-sized, on the same stage, coherent, and detailed. Adding volume provides more layering, additional detail and nuances, euphonics, and increases the character of the 3D landscape. As a low volume listener, this is a very welcome change. I can turn up the volumes without adding sibilance, just increased magic until I cannot take it anymore. This describes the ERLKoNIG and why I am so impressed. It has been described as the VE8 on steroids which I agree, and then some. The ERL and VE8 are dryer than the ELY which is the main difference. The ELY mids are dynamic driver driven and have a richer tube-like quality to them that makes them extremely emotional. The dryer VE8/ERL are truer to the original recording and more exciting. But all three are true to the VE house sound which makes them all excellent. Therefore, I would love to have a VE8 or ERL to sit alongside my ELY to add more excitement when I am looking for that. So in choosing between the VE8 and the ERL, this is heartbreaking as the ERL is better, but I am a customs guy due to seal problems so I would have to go VE8 to get a custom fit. Please VE, please offer a custom option for the ERL - it deserves it. :)

Dec 13, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #92 of 775
for those of us on the tour who haven’t received the first 2 IEMs yet, are we auto added for the erlk IEM too?
No, not unless you PM'd me to be added as requested in the announcement. Not everyone wanted to be added to a second mailing and some didn't want to be tempted at that price. Just let me know if you want to be added, should I add your name? :)

BTW, at this point, no worries about the PM, just let me know in the thread and I can add you.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #93 of 775
No, not unless you PM'd me to be added as requested in the announcement. Not everyone wanted to be added to a second mailing and some didn't want to be tempted at that price. Just let me know if you want to be added, should I add your name? :)

BTW, at this point, no worries about the PM, just let me know in the thread and I can add you.

yes add me please :)

Dec 13, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #94 of 775
Dec 14, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #96 of 775
Dec 17, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #98 of 775
Arghhhh...I thought I PM'd to be added to the Erlkonig. I must have ALMOST PM'd you Barra. Please add me.

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #99 of 775
elysium/ve8 has been handed off to kubig!

Dec 17, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #101 of 775
Arghhhh...I thought I PM'd to be added to the Erlkonig. I must have ALMOST PM'd you Barra. Please add me.
Added

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #102 of 775
Having a great time with the Elysium and V8. Both are very capable and balanced iems, with the V8 packing more bass punch, and the Elysium adding a touch better clarity in the upper mids and treble. Soundstage on both is a touch more intimate, but my impression may be swayed by the fact that that is a strong suit of both the Fourte and IER 1Z. All in all, the Elysium is more my personal taste. It's very balanced, the instrument tonality seems very accurate, and it's size makes it an extremely comfortable iem to wear. I'll be forwarding the package on Friday to Tybot!
IMG_5585[1].JPG

Dec 31, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #103 of 775
For those who comment on the Erlkonig please also state which setting is your comments based on

Dec 31, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #104 of 775
Having a great time with the Elysium and V8. Both are very capable and balanced iems, with the V8 packing more bass punch, and the Elysium adding a touch better clarity in the upper mids and treble. Soundstage on both is a touch more intimate, but my impression may be swayed by the fact that that is a strong suit of both the Fourte and IER 1Z. All in all, the Elysium is more my personal taste. It's very balanced, the instrument tonality seems very accurate, and it's size makes it an extremely comfortable iem to wear. I'll be forwarding the package on Friday to Tybot!

Looking forward to them!

Jan 1, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #105 of 775
Happy New Year, all! @Barra please add me to the Erlkonig tour as well. I recently picked up a set of the Legend X and would love to compare to that as well as the Wraith (from feeble memory...).

Cheers and thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back