CLOSED to NEW - See AudioTiers in my Signature: US Head-Fi Tour: VISION EARS ELYSIUM vs. VE8 vs. ERLKöNIG TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2019
Apr 14, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #391 of 775
Are you still taking applications for the VE8?
We are, but you will need an enhanced verification given that you are new to HeadFi with limited posts. Beyond the requirements in post 1 and 2, we will probably need to verify employment as well.

Apr 17, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #395 of 775
My time with ERLKöNIG is over and they are on to @riverred105. I must say, they are very impressive. Can also be used as a weapon. They are the heaviest IEM I've ever used (not a surprise since they're carved out of silver) but somehow didn't get too heavy when wearing. The engineering from top to bottom is first class. I tried them with numerous sources from Sony WM1A to iPhone with a number of different amps. They sounded fantastic with all of them. I even tried them with a $10 Sony DAP and they even sounded ok out that hunk o' junk.

So obviously that's what sticks out to me is it's ability to work well regardless of source. As for the sound, it really does everything extremely well. I have other IEMs I enjoy more (Khan and KSE1500) but I can't say they are better than ERLKöNIG. It truely does everything extremely well. I found myself ending up back on the 1 setting which surprised me from the comments I had read. All in all, very, very top notch IEM, as you would expect for the money.

Apr 17, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #396 of 775
Nice.

did you try any other settings beside 1?

I fell in love with 1 during the demo, but have now switched primarily to 2 for everyday use.

Apr 17, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #397 of 775
I tried all 4 settings. Was expecting to like 4. 2 was nice but 1 just seemed like a good all-around setting. Didn’t spend too much time with the others after landing back at 1.

Apr 17, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #398 of 775
Considering you spend a lot of time with the kse1500, it’s understandable why you stuck with 1.

I did the same thing during the demo. I have the A18t, which is rather analytical, and I just found 1 so much freaking fun.

the bass and musicality of the erlky are simply incredible.

Apr 17, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #399 of 775
Considering you spend a lot of time with the kse1500, it’s understandable why you stuck with 1.

I did the same thing during the demo. I have the A18t, which is rather analytical, and I just found 1 so much freaking fun.

the bass and musicality of the erlky are simply incredible.

Agreed. It is far and away the best BA IEM I've heard, period.

Apr 19, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #401 of 775
What if I am currently unemployed due to covid-19?
Let's take offline, please email per instructions to get started to figure this out.

Apr 19, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #402 of 775
Apr 22, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #403 of 775
I live in Washington, DC and would like to participate. I agree to all the rules and terms of the tour. I have emailed all my information to Bill.

Thanks!

Apr 25, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #404 of 775
EVE 2020 Launch and Tour
For those that have not heard yet, we have a new VE CIEM called the EVE that just launched along with an announcement of the ELYSIUM now being available in universal format. You can see the details here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/vision-ears-launch-eve-and-elysium-universal.930337/.

We will be also offering an EVE demo tour for those that want to hear the new creation. Feel free to drop a post here if you would like to join the EVE tour as well and you will be added.

Apr 25, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #405 of 775
EVE 2020 Launch and Tour
For those that have not heard yet, we have a new VE CIEM called the EVE that just launched along with an announcement of the ELYSIUM now being available in universal format. You can see the details here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/vision-ears-launch-eve-and-elysium-universal.930337/.

We will be also offering an EVE demo tour for those that want to hear the new creation. Feel free to drop a post here if you would like to join the EVE tour as well and you will be added.

I would like to be added please! I participated earlier in this tour for the VE8/Ely and Erlkonig. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back