CLOSED THREAD -- Orange County, CA Head-Fi Meet Up - November 21, 2009
Oct 17, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #46 of 136
Hehe... Nah, not quite that much. Have a looksie!

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/b22...elcome-450901/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald North /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From Phil's description, particularly of the chassis, I wouldn't be surprised if it's close to ONE MILLION DOLLARS!
dr-evil.jpg

Oct 21, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #48 of 136
so what do u guys do in this small room, just pass around gear and let people listen to each others stuff?

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #49 of 136
I might be able to attend if anybody is interested in my gear. Not super high end, but have the Stax 4040 system, as well as an SRD7 MK2 which could be connected to somebody else's amplifier to compare it with dedicated electrostatic amps.
I also have a Behringer DEQ2496 parametric equalizer, which also has a feature similar to crossfeed.
Let me know if somebody is interested. I would love to compare the SR-007 MK1 with my 404's, since I am planning on buying one for Christmas.

Oct 22, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #50 of 136
AtomikPi,

You will be bringing you B22 right? Mine won't be finished until end of December at the earliest (lack of money) so I wan't to try my Ref1 with your amp. I will be bringing it to the meet along with another goodie I am having made -- a CAST-to-XLR cable. It will include a passive I/V resistor network inside the cable. Hopefully it will sound a cut above the XLR outputs on the RE1. Nude Vishays will be inside.

Oct 22, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #51 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might be able to attend if anybody is interested in my gear. Not super high end, but have the Stax 4040 system, as well as an SRD7 MK2 which could be connected to somebody else's amplifier to compare it with dedicated electrostatic amps.
I also have a Behringer DEQ2496 parametric equalizer, which also has a feature similar to crossfeed.
Let me know if somebody is interested. I would love to compare the SR-007 MK1 with my 404's, since I am planning on buying one for Christmas.

Any opportunity to listen to electrostats would be much appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Factoid - googling "sr-007 mk1" has your post as #2

Oct 24, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #54 of 136
If I am able to make it (and I think I will be), I will bring the following gear (assuming I don't sell any of it between now and then):

Benchmark DAC 1 USB
RSA Predator
RSA Hornet

Sennheiser HD800
Grado RS2
Shure 530
Ultimate Ears Triple-Fi

I'll copy 50 gigs or so of music from my server onto my MacBook Pro's internal hard drive to serve as source material. I'll also bring a couple of iPods.

Oct 25, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #55 of 136
I'll be there...

I will bring...

Rotel CD Player RCD-1070
Singlepower MPX3 Amp o' Death. The use at your own risk edition.
Sennheiser HD650
Some good San Diego beer. Maybe Alpine Beer Co or something.
wink.gif

Oct 25, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #56 of 136
I'll probably be attending, I don't have anything to bring but I've been hoping to try out some gear. Could someone bring the K701/2? I've been trying to decide between the K701/2, the HD 650, and Grados SR325i's. I've heard great things about all these headphones but I just need to hear the difference for myself.

Oct 27, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #58 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMonky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just became the proud new owner of some HF-1s so I'll have that to bring as well

OK, but I notice you are in Florida. You know this is Orange County California, right?

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #60 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMonky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe, yea. I'm in LA for work for the foreseeable future. Prolly should just change my location, which I'll do now.

Great, 'cause I was already counting on hearing those HF-1s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back