CLOSED THREAD -- Orange County, CA Head-Fi Meet Up - November 21, 2009
Oct 15, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #31 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are you bringing? Is that special something for K1000 anywhere close to ready yet?
wink.gif

Gary, Gary... That special something is progressing slower than I'd like.
redface.gif
It will be working this year but not in time for this meet.

I'll bring my Kit 1 amp (hopefully Eric will have his Moth healthy by then
wink.gif
), along with a variety of headphones.

Oct 15, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #33 of 136
Quote:

Oh man...This meet is gonna be a K1000 fest with potentially 4 different speaker amps to play with.

If it wasn't so darn heavy, I'd love to bring my Melody I2A3. I've been meaning to sell it, but I hear it makes a killer K1000 amp. Maybe one day.....

Oct 15, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #34 of 136
Quote:

Oh man...This meet is gonna be a K1000 fest with potentially 4 different speaker amps to play with.

Sounds like a great setup for my first time listening to K1000's then
icon10.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #35 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sounds good! Do you know if they deliver? Would it be OK to have food and, uh, "refreshments" in the clubhouse? Enjoyed away from the gear, of course. I'd be more than happy to load up a few six packs along with the gear.

OK, guys, here's the deal on clubhouse rules. I would not feel comfortable having any food/drink in the main room (the Great Room), since that is where all the precious equipment will be. Moreover, if I "serve" food, we must also rent the entire professional kitchen facilities, which doubles the rental cost. (And if I am serving alcohol, I need to provide a $1m rider from my homeowner's insurer, so that is definitely out.) Therefore, no food/drink in Great Room, and no serving of food or drink allowed.

However, there is an adjacent room (the Board Room) with a long table, chairs, etc. I will rent that room too, for R/R between the intense listening sessions and copious note taking. If anyone happens to bring along a pizza and their favorite beverage, that would be OK since no one would be serving it. Perusing the massive contract I have to sign, I don't see any provisions against snacking by guests.

But here's the deal. I am trusting everyone to be, well, relatively neat. In addition to the rental fee, I have to put up a $500 deposit, which they cash, and then send me back two weeks after event minus any deductions for damages, carpet cleaning, etc. So please everyone treat the facility as they would a home they are visiting. Example, bringing a pizza and beverage to share = OK; setting up a margarita machine or fondue dipping pots = not OK.

That is probably more than you all need to know. But hopefully it answers the food questions.

Oct 16, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #36 of 136
It's a good group of people, leichnitz. Everyone was very responsible at the last L.A. meet and I'm sure everyone will be considerate here, too. Thanks for doing this.
smily_headphones1.gif

I wish my Beta22 would be ready in time but what I'm doing with the chassis is going to be beyond any Beta22 ever built, so it's going to take money I won't have all together by meet time. I'm hoping to have it done by Xmas though. The board work is basically done though. I'll probably have to sell the Phoenix first to fund most of it.

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #37 of 136
Would you be able to use that separate room for the K1000 rigs? They really need a quiet place, otherwise, they're no better than average as they offer 0 isolation. From what I learned from the last meet, nobody ever use the spare room so it'll just be wasted.

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #38 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a good group of people, leichnitz. Everyone was very responsible at the last L.A. meet and I'm sure everyone will be considerate here, too. Thanks for doing this.
smily_headphones1.gif

I wish my Beta22 would be ready in time but what I'm doing with the chassis is going to be beyond any Beta22 ever built, so it's going to take money I won't have all together by meet time. I'm hoping to have it done by Xmas though. The board work is basically done though. I'll probably have to sell the Phoenix first to fund most of it.

Phil! Where's the faith in the Phoenix?
tongue.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #39 of 136
Quote:

Would you be able to use that separate room for the K1000 rigs? They really need a quiet place, otherwise, they're no better than average as they offer 0 isolation. From what I learned from the last meet, nobody ever use the spare room so it'll just be wasted.

Maybe you should put the K1000s in the great room, and everything else into the spare room
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #40 of 136
Quote:

That is totally up to you. I haven't been to a meet before, so I will defer to the wisdom of those who are more experienced. I think it is a good idea to limit food/drinks to one room. If you are comfortable setting up your K1000 rig in that same room, there will likely be sufficient space and I would have no objection.

As the date gets closer, I will post dimensions, etc of the rooms and we can make more precise space plans.

Oct 16, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #42 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It jumped off a cliff and splattered all over the canyon floor.

Then I eager look forward to the next next meet when your B22 is done.
beerchug.gif

Also, do you mind PMing me your estimated price of the entire build?

Oct 16, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #43 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by leichnitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Example, bringing a pizza and beverage to share = OK; setting up a margarita machine or fondue dipping pots = not OK.

I was planning on running my own magic bullet infomercial.

Oct 16, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #44 of 136
Quote:

Then I eager look forward to the next next meet when your B22 is done.
beerchug.gif

Also, do you mind PMing me your estimated price of the entire build?

From Phil's description, particularly of the chassis, I wouldn't be surprised if it's close to ONE MILLION DOLLARS!
dr-evil.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back