CLOSED THREAD -- Orange County, CA Head-Fi Meet Up - November 21, 2009
Oct 14, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #16 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMonky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can count me in. Don't have much but I'll bring along what I have:
DAC - Predator
Phones: Koss PortaPro, Darth Beyers(80ohm)

The RSA Predator is on my short list for laptop dac/amp. Look forward to hearing it.

Oct 14, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #17 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I'll do that for you. But only if you get some very good XLR cables.
wink.gif
More people definitely need to hear this DAC.
With the Phoenix, it doesn't sound as good with XLR as it does with the CAST connection. I'm still wondering how it will sound via XLR through other amps and I don't think I'll have my [size=x-small]ß22 ready by then because I won't have the money to do the chassis.
[/size]

I've been trying to hear this DAC since before CanJam.
smily_headphones1.gif
I want to compare it to the parasound unit, so I'd be using RCA to make it more comparable. I'll look around for some used XLRs though to see how big the jump is going from SE to balanced on that DAC.

Oct 14, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #18 of 136
Count me in
beerchug.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #19 of 136
I will probably be able to attend. I'll bring the B22 and AD2000's. XLR->trs and an spl meter will also come. JH13's will be there but they (probably) won't fit your ears.
If anybody wants to hear anything else in my sig, that's fine too, but the rest of the gear is not special.

Oct 15, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #21 of 136
I'm in!

Headphones:
Grado SR-225 w/ HD414 pads
Westone 3
Etymotic ER-4S
Sennheiser HD570
Sennheiser RS 140 (wireless)

Amps:
RSA Predator

Sources:
Laptop
Sansa Fuze
PSP Go
Denon AVR-3805 (only if someone requests)

Chris

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #22 of 136
If anyone has portable headphone dac/amp other than Predator (e.g., pico) please bring. I find the predator has waaaay too much bass for the Westone 3. Sounds fantastic with the Grado 225s tho.

I'm also interested in any Grado's higher than 225, Sennheiser 600/650, AKG 701/2, Westone UM3x, AT ck100 (yeah, right!)

Oh yeah, and last but not least... I highly recommend Napa Valley Pizza and Pasta for lunch. BEST 4 cheese pizza you will have in your life... and if you don't agree, pizza's on me. On Newport Blvd near 19th St in Costa Mesa.

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #23 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by tradersancho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah, and last but not least... I highly recommend Napa Valley Pizza and Pasta for lunch. BEST 4 cheese pizza you will have in your life... and if you don't agree, pizza's on me. On Newport Blvd near 19th St in Costa Mesa.

That sounds good! Do you know if they deliver? Would it be OK to have food and, uh, "refreshments" in the clubhouse? Enjoyed away from the gear, of course. I'd be more than happy to load up a few six packs along with the gear.

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #24 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sounds good! Do you know if they deliver? Would it be OK to have food and, uh, "refreshments" in the clubhouse? Enjoyed away from the gear, of course. I'd be more than happy to load up a few six packs along with the gear.

They don't deliver until 5pm. I'll run out and pick it up. Not sure about clubhouse rules. I'm really not into
beerchug.gif
, so I'll leave that to someone else
wink.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #25 of 136
Hopefully, I'm tempted to skip work and join you familiar faces...

Hmm...

Well, put me down as tentative for now:

Headphone: K1000, JH13 Pro

Amp: Manley Stingray, RSA Shadow(If it ships by then.)

Source: Electrocompaniet ECD-1

Oct 15, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #26 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald North /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Count me in
beerchug.gif

What are you bringing? Is that special something for K1000 anywhere close to ready yet?
wink.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 11:27 AM Post #27 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm...

Headphone: K1000, JH13 Pro

Amp: Manley Stingray, RSA Shadow(If it ships by then.)

Source: Electrocompaniet ECD-1

Fantastic news Gary! I really hope you can make it as you have some of the gear (K1K, Stingray, ECD1) that I've been dying to hear!

I'm also going to have the new eXStatA DIY electrostatic amp in my rig for sure, and possibly the 4070 with another SRM-717. It should be helpful to get some impressions from you guys on how the eXStatA matches up to the Stax amps, and I bet some will like the 4070 a bunch.

Donald: Do tell about this special K1K amp
biggrin.gif

OP: Do you think you could edit your original post to have an updated gear list in order to attract more potential attendees?

Oct 15, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #28 of 136
Turns out I'll be bringing some of my equipment from home, so I should also have:
DAC/Amp: Beresford TC-7510
Portable Amp: Meier HEADSIX, old Headroom amp (Haven't used it in a long time, I'll update this to specify model when I get it from home)
Headphone: SR-60
Source: Creative Zen Vision:M 60GB, PS3, Laptop
I also plan on picking up 1 or 2 more headphones before the meet.

Oct 15, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #29 of 136
Quote:

Hmm...

Gary's coming, better order an extra pizza!!

Seriously, I hope you can make it, it would be good to see you again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back