Closed portable headphones for EDM under $400 USD
Jun 14, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #16 of 19
Are the Denon ah-d600 pretty bright in the treble? I've been eyeballing these as well, but reading the reviews on here, there were a few mentions of sibilance.
If you want another suggestion should you pick up another set of cans, have a look at the 1 more triple driver over ear. I also have the Meze 99 Neo, and it definitely packs some low end. Probably more so than the Denons

The highs and mids seem to be more noticeable/louder than the bass but it's not too unbalanced or anything.

Jun 14, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #17 of 19
When I had an AH-D600, I had great results using a bass boost out of JDS Labs C5D. Was pretty awesome. Kinda wish I still had that setup. I think overall I prefer my HD630VB, but in other ways the D600 was a more laid back listen and comfortable too.

Like other biocell drivers (ie. D2000, D5000, TH600, Th900) even though the headphone is easy to drive, it has very good power handling and can be boosted.

That's good to know! Thank you . Do you have any portable amp recommendations for nowadays under $100 maybe?

Jun 14, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #18 of 19
I would agree on the Meze Classic 99s for the music you listen to. I enjoy the Soundmagic HP100/150 when in the mood for that type of genre. Big juice bass and suits many genres other than bass driven.

The Sony 100AAP at that price is decent but I don't think they have the low end that would satisfy you. It's a fairly light, unoffensive signature. It was one of my first jumps in to more expensive headphones but they were easily forgotten.

For an on ear headphone the Sennhieser HD25ii are great for your music

Jun 14, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #19 of 19
Yes the Meze 99 Classics do do well with edm and a lot else for that matter and take to eq very well also I have a curve setup on my dap just for them that puts them closer to neutral and it’s like a different headphone. And as the above poster said the Soundmagic HP150 is also very good for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back