Closed headphone with very deep and powerfull bass
Oct 17, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #16 of 46
How about you just get DT770's which are great to begin with and later down the line, get Larry to mod them to Darth Beyers? The net cost should be about the same, and you'll get a headphone with decent bass for the short term.

Oct 17, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #18 of 46
the more i read about the 750's the more i want them. anyone with experiance with both the beyer 770s and the ultrasone 750s? if so, how do these cans differ sonically? are the 750's worth the extra coin (im starting to think they are)? thanks again to everyone who relpied, this is a really great community

Oct 17, 2007 at 7:38 AM Post #19 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about you just get DT770's which are great to begin with and later down the line, get Larry to mod them to Darth Beyers? The net cost should be about the same, and you'll get a headphone with decent bass for the short term.

There's a set of ultrasone 750's for $250USD on eBay, brand new. And by the time i get around to having them modded ill be out of university and ready to move onto my next set of phones....

Oct 17, 2007 at 7:38 AM Post #20 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's a set of ultrasone 750's for $250USD on eBay, brand new. And by the time i get around to having them modded ill be out of university and ready to move onto my next set of phones....

(sry for the TRIPLE post, wanted to quote, then i dont even know what happened)

Oct 17, 2007 at 9:06 AM Post #21 of 46
Im certain you will enjoy either the 750 or the 770, another good choice... the 750's are certainly more portable. Which if I were you would be the icing on the cake.

Dec 9, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #23 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by justb2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking into getting a set of closed cans (they'll be used in a crowded university) that can deliver a great deal of powerfull bass while still remaining quite accurate. The source will be a 6G iPod. I haven't got an amp but wouldn't shun purchasing one for this purpose. I've heard that the JVC HP-DX1000 produces some very nice bass but it seems like it might be a little too big to wear around university. I've also considered the Dennon AH-D2000/D5000's but have read many mixed thoughts on them. I'd also like the cans to have a punchy sound, definately not looking for something fatiguing. Any input is well appreciated.

x2
tongue.gif

note:
already had test PROline 750 & ED9 but it's seems they still not as deep as my K518dj...if there any deepest/lower bass on other line from Ultrasone ? how about PROline 550/650, HFI 550 or DJ1 compare to 750 & ED9 ? i'm planning to get S-logic cans for an upgrade from my cans now, thx before...
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #24 of 46
I think a used set of 770 pro 80's would be a good start. New they can regularly be had for $175-180. I don't find the mids too terribly recessed, either. Combined with their isolation they make good cans for low volume listening.

Dec 9, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #25 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2
tongue.gif

note:
already had test PROline 750 & ED9 but it's seems they still not as deep as my K518dj...if there any deepest/lower bass on other line from Ultrasone ? how about PROline 550/650, HFI 550 or DJ1 compare to 750 & ED9 ? i'm planning to get S-logic cans for an upgrade from my cans now, thx before...
biggrin.gif

The thing is, Proline 750 dont have strong midbass, the thing K518dj has, but plays them quite balanced. But Prolines have very strong subbass, regions below 70Hz, loud and clear there with great power if the music has such deep sounds. Rare, but surprising when it hits. K518dj falls short there and fast. Its the newer version of K81DJ, wasnt it that is?

If OP wants both subbass and deep bass strongly, Beyerdynamic DT770 would perhaps be better choice.

Dec 10, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #26 of 46
re' you sure about that, MaZa ? cos my K518dj (yes, it's newer version of K81dj) can reproduce freq 20hz to up for sure (i used to listen to KoRn, etc), too bad i didn't try em on PROline 750 & the ED9 last day...but on the same source, just Gopod and testing the same song PROline & ED9 not quite as low/deep as my K518dj...well, maybe there's not enough fair to compare an old K518dj of mine to PROline 750 & ED9 out of the box...fyi my friends have had em for a week, maybe to quick to judge which one is lowest than mine...
tongue.gif

how about your RP21, MaZa ? how do they compare to PROline 750 of yours ? i mean here, the bass depth & impact...
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #27 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
re' you sure about that, MaZa ? cos my K518dj (yes, it's newer version of K81dj) can reproduce freq 20hz to up for sure (i used to listen to KoRn, etc), too bad i didn't try em on PROline 750 & the ED9 last day...but on the same source, just Gopod and testing the same song PROline & ED9 not quite as low/deep as my K518dj...well, maybe there's not enough fair to compare an old K518dj of mine to PROline 750 & ED9 out of the box...fyi my friends have had em for a week, maybe to quick to judge which one is lowest than mine...
tongue.gif

how about your RP21, MaZa ? how do they compare to PROline 750 of yours ? i mean here, the bass depth & impact...
biggrin.gif

I have compared my K81DJ to Proline 750 and K81DJ has hard hitting midbass, but when trying some sinewaves it isnt as extended as PL750.

RP21 sort of has good of both. Hard hitting midbass and and quite well extended too. I havent compared it to K81DJ yet though.

Does you K518dj has a bass boost switch? If it has, then Im not sure if its newer version of K81DJ, or newer version of K181DJ.

Dec 10, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #28 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have compared my K81DJ to Proline 750 and K81DJ has hard hitting midbass, but when trying some sinewaves it isnt as extended as PL750.

RP21 sort of has good of both. Hard hitting midbass and and quite well extended too. I havent compared it to K81DJ yet though.

Does you K518dj has a bass boost switch? If it has, then Im not sure if its newer version of K81DJ, or newer version of K181DJ.

k518dj doesn't have the bass boost switch, that is from the k181dj

Dec 10, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #29 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by justb2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems as if the cheapest 770/80 mod is at $370... Is there the possiblity of just having the SQ based mods performed? If so, where on the site is that located?

Get the DT770/80's.

Great phones. And then message me and I can tell you what you need to do for mods to get that same sound.

Dec 10, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #30 of 46
Just tested again PL750 vs. K81DJ bass extension. K81DJ extended deeper than I remembered, but it was not very clean down there, around 30hz. K81DJ produced more sort of strong and not very clean vibration (probaply product of strong midbass?) where as PL750 produced deep clean throaty rumble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back