Closed headphone with very deep and powerfull bass
Dec 11, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #31 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have compared my K81DJ to Proline 750 and K81DJ has hard hitting midbass, but when trying some sinewaves it isnt as extended as PL750.

RP21 sort of has good of both. Hard hitting midbass and and quite well extended too. I havent compared it to K81DJ yet though.

please compare em' both, if you still have RP21, MaZa...
wink.gif
just for the low/deep bass, i'm sure the SQ from RP21 are much more better than K81dj...
tongue.gif

Quote:

Just tested again PL750 vs. K81DJ bass extension. K81DJ extended deeper than I remembered, but it was not very clean down there, around 30hz. K81DJ produced more sort of strong and not very clean vibration (probaply product of strong midbass?) where as PL750 produced deep clean throaty rumble.

i seen on your sig that you had PROline 650 before...how it compare to PROline 750 that you've used now ? are 650 more bassy, they both look diff on the cable & pads only ? and please remember how bassy 650 compare to K81dj...thx, MaZa...
wink.gif

Dec 11, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #32 of 46
From memory, Proline 750 and PL650 are quite equal. PL750 is just sharper and tighter where as PL650 is more "rounder". Bass is eenyweeny bit stronger in quantity, but nothing to write home about in comparison. Its all about taste if one prefers more brighter and sharper sound or rounder and sweeter sound. This is just from memory, I didnt have them long. I returned them as they developed some channel imbalance.

I'll compare RP21 to K81DJ later today, or atleast tomorrow. Notice that I have removed the foam pad and done bluetack mod to my K81DJ, so bass is slightly tighter than stock.

Dec 11, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #33 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
please compare em' both, if you still have RP21, MaZa...
wink.gif
just for the low/deep bass, i'm sure the SQ from RP21 are much more better than K81dj...
tongue.gif

All right, this time I used music. I used Gorelord - Norwegian Chainsaw Massacre album to test it, as it is VERY bass heavy Death/Goregrind. (good album to test clarity on very bass heavy and distorted music)

K81DJ had A HUMONGOUS mid and upperbass. Lots of bass, but it was really muddy. Midrange was hopelessly drowned in this bass-happy mixed album.

RP21 was much more balanced. The bass from subbass to upperbass was more balanced. Bass was strong, bit too strong for my taste, but it didnt muddify midrange even nearly as bad as K81DJ.

Extension. About equal when used Sinewave sweep. Both produced sound up from the 20Hz, but again K81DJ had more higher vibrating tone where RP21 had more deeper rumble. The volume of bass rised faster on K81DJ than RP21 closer to midbass the sweep rised.

Dec 11, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #34 of 46
If money is not an object get the Darth Beyers (modded Beyers DT770), they have the deepest bass that no other HP's can match.

Dec 12, 2007 at 11:42 AM Post #35 of 46
Quote:

From memory, Proline 750 and PL650 are quite equal. PL750 is just sharper and tighter where as PL650 is more "rounder". Bass is eenyweeny bit stronger in quantity, but nothing to write home about in comparison. Its all about taste if one prefers more brighter and sharper sound or rounder and sweeter sound. This is just from memory, I didnt have them long. I returned them as they developed some channel imbalance.

I'll compare RP21 to K81DJ later today, or atleast tomorrow. Notice that I have removed the foam pad and done bluetack mod to my K81DJ, so bass is slightly tighter than stock.

some channel imbalanced ? on PROline 650 ?
confused.gif

Quote:

All right, this time I used music. I used Gorelord - Norwegian Chainsaw Massacre album to test it, as it is VERY bass heavy Death/Goregrind. (good album to test clarity on very bass heavy and distorted music)

K81DJ had A HUMONGOUS mid and upperbass. Lots of bass, but it was really muddy. Midrange was hopelessly drowned in this bass-happy mixed album.

RP21 was much more balanced. The bass from subbass to upperbass was more balanced. Bass was strong, bit too strong for my taste, but it didnt muddify midrange even nearly as bad as K81DJ.

Extension. About equal when used Sinewave sweep. Both produced sound up from the 20Hz, but again K81DJ had more higher vibrating tone where RP21 had more deeper rumble. The volume of bass rised faster on K81DJ than RP21 closer to midbass the sweep rised.

i see, then RP21 are the right cans to upgrade from K81dj (or my K518dj)...
biggrin.gif
but i'm more interest to Ultrasone cans, well haven't test RP21 yet...but how much the difference between RP21 and RP15mc other than retail price ?
biggrin.gif
and thx for the response, MaZa...

Dec 12, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #36 of 46
Quote:

some channel imbalanced ? on PROline 650 ?
confused.gif

Yup, they were faulty and they were also last piece of the shop (that shop stopped selling Ultrasones) so I got a refund.

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #37 of 46
Quote:

i see, then RP21 are the right cans to upgrade from K81dj (or my K518dj)... but i'm more interest to Ultrasone cans, well haven't test RP21 yet...but how much the difference between RP21 and RP15mc other than retail price ? and thx for the response, MaZa...

You could take a look on RP22x too. IIRC its like RP21, but bit warmer sound and a lot boosted bass. I guess that could quenche your thirst.
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #38 of 46
Quote:

Yup, they were faulty and they were also last piece of the shop (that shop stopped selling Ultrasones) so I got a refund.

faulty ? your 650 only or all PL650 are just like that ?
confused.gif

Quote:

You could take a look on RP22x too. IIRC its like RP21, but bit warmer sound and a lot boosted bass. I guess that could quenche your thirst.
biggrin.gif

but how about RP15mc ? have you heard the diff to RP21 ?
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #39 of 46
The Edition 9 is the best bass performer I have heard till now, noo ther gives you the quality and quantity this will gives, you, while you get more quantity, then it is boomy and not controlled...you need a good amp to get the last drop out of it though...

Dec 13, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #40 of 46
Quote:

faulty ? your 650 only or all PL650 are just like that ?
confused.gif

but how about RP15mc ? have you heard the diff to RP21 ?
biggrin.gif

No of course not! My pair was just factory lemon.

Sorry, havent heard a thing about RP15mc.

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #41 of 46
Just to address some things I saw while skimming this thread. I found the PL650 and PL750 so similar that I couldn't justify keeping the 750's. I actually prefer the bass on the Beyer DT150 over the stock Beyer DT 770-80. But the DT150's are retro, ugly and huge. But they sound better from lows to highs then the stock DT 770-80's. The JVC DX1000 do indeed have great bass. But I'd never let mine out of the house. Out of the Equation line I have the RP15, RP21 and RP22X. I still find the RP21 to be the sweet spot. If you want portable I really enjoy the bass on the HD25-1 and Denon D1000. Both look perfectly normal wearing out in public. Unlike some of the other cans I've mentioned.

Dec 13, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #43 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Edition 9 is the best bass performer I have heard till now, noo ther gives you the quality and quantity this will gives, you, while you get more quantity, then it is boomy and not controlled...you need a good amp to get the last drop out of it though...

thx for mention the ED9 to me Rudi, but i dont have that enermous cash to bought it for my self...
frown.gif

Quote:

No of course not! My pair was just factory lemon.

Sorry, havent heard a thing about RP15mc.

?! sorry but i kinda dont get it...factory lemon ?!
confused.gif
english isn't my native language, so please make it more simple to understand...thx !
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Nine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to address some things I saw while skimming this thread. I found the PL650 and PL750 so similar that I couldn't justify keeping the 750's. I actually prefer the bass on the Beyer DT150 over the stock Beyer DT 770-80. But the DT150's are retro, ugly and huge. But they sound better from lows to highs then the stock DT 770-80's. The JVC DX1000 do indeed have great bass. But I'd never let mine out of the house. Out of the Equation line I have the RP15, RP21 and RP22X. I still find the RP21 to be the sweet spot. If you want portable I really enjoy the bass on the HD25-1 and Denon D1000. Both look perfectly normal wearing out in public. Unlike some of the other cans I've mentioned.

then, how your RP15 compare to PL650/750 ?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by swmaxxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would shoot for the DT770s in your case. Closed, comfy, BASSY.

sorry but no, it's still out or range for me now...
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #44 of 46
RP15 barely compares to the RP21, lol. Long ways below the PL650. But then again I only shelled out $40 for the RP15. I found the Ultrasone DJ1 had massive but fairly sloppy bass. If you want quantity it has it. Try a WTB for a Beyer DT150. Somone was trying to sell one here a while ago. It was like new and came with an extra cable. DT150's are also very easy to mod.

Dec 13, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #45 of 46
Quote:

?! sorry but i kinda dont get it...factory lemon ?! english isn't my native language, so please make it more simple to understand...thx !

Sorry, I meant that my piece I received just became faulty on their own. I dont know what happened to them, but they didnt work as they should and therefore my piece was returned. The channels were not in balance on some frequencies IE the left channel played some frequencies slightly louder than right side. My piece was just faulty.

I dont know how to explain this any simpler, so... sorry.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back