Close headphones that give me Beyerdynamic DT990 pro's sound????
Nov 14, 2012 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Akilisk

New Head-Fier
Hi Comrades

After seeking satisfying headphones for a long time, I ended up with the Beyerdynamic DT990 pro.
However, they are open, and most of the time I use headphones in a library or a student office (require absolutely quietness).

The question is, I'm now interested in Ultrasone Hfi580, will they satisfy me like the Dt990? They are cheap, look cool, and closed.

If not, are there any headphones that can give me DT990 feeling in the price range of 100$-150$.....

Please help

Thanks a lot

FYI: I'm using koss pro dj100 with Fiio E7 amp now as portable sound system, but seeking for something better.

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi Comrades

After seeking satisfying headphones for a long time, I ended up with the Beyerdynamic DT990 pro.

However, they are open, and most of the time I use headphones in a library or a student office (require absolutely quietness).

The question is, I'm now interested in Ultrasone Hfi580, will they satisfy me like the Dt990? They are cheap, look cool, and closed.

If not, are there any headphones that can give me DT990 feeling in the price range of 100$-150$.....

Please help

Thanks a lot

FYI: I'm using koss pro dj100 with Fiio E7 amp now as portable sound system, but seeking for something better.

If u are looking to match the beyer sound why not get the dt770? Not the same but as close as you will get.

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 6
Some people say that Dt770 are Dt990 that are closed. So, it's my personal feeling guilty that I own 2 similar headphones ^^ (nonsense, isn't it?)
In fact, I have been thinking about DT770, but they are almost 100$ higher that Hfi580.
So, if the Hfi 580 can give me Dt990 feeling. I will get one. If not, I might grab the Dt770...

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #5 of 6
I have some DT990's and after recently buying K550s, which are different but also very good, I decided to pick up a pair of Audio Technica A900x's. Like the K550's they are very good and open sounding for closed can, however, the signature is much more like the DT990's than the K550 is. The entire sound spectrum is really aggressive. I have A/B'd the A900x's and the DT990's extensively and the biggest difference is the extra few clicks in volume it takes to run the Beyers. I will actually go so far as to say there is a slightly higher bass quantity in the 900x's though the DT990 bass has more substance. The mids on the Beyers are just a tad richer and smoother, and on the AT's they are the slightly less recessed. The highs on the Beyers extend better, but can also be shrill sometimes. Overall the two cans are surprisingly similar in signature.

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
I have some DT990's and after recently buying K550s, which are different but also very good, I decided to pick up a pair of Audio Technica A900x's. Like the K550's they are very good and open sounding for closed can, however, the signature is much more like the DT990's than the K550 is. The entire sound spectrum is really aggressive. I have A/B'd the A900x's and the DT990's extensively and the biggest difference is the extra few clicks in volume it takes to run the Beyers. I will actually go so far as to say there is a slightly higher bass quantity in the 900x's though the DT990 bass has more substance. The mids on the Beyers are just a tad richer and smoother, and on the AT's they are the slightly less recessed. The highs on the Beyers extend better, but can also be shrill sometimes. Overall the two cans are surprisingly similar in signature.

Thanks for the advice. A900X interest me, but their are quite beyond my budget. >.<
So, do you know Dt990-like (Bass and open sound and etc.) headphones at around 100$-150$? I'm thinking about used dt770, but will they give me the same as dt990 give me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back