Classical Music Amplifier
Sep 2, 2010 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bflatfinesse

New Head-Fier
Hello, 

I have been searching around this site for a while, and have not found much information on amplifiers suited for classical music.  I currently own the Sennheiser HD 600s, and listen to classical music (mostly orchestral).  I understand that generally speaking, tube amplifiers have a "warmer" sound vs. the sound of SS amps.  If a want the most natural clear sound, what should I be looking into purchasing?  My budget is approximately $350 USD.

Thank you.  

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #2 of 3
Look at the Dynalo, which I believe is back on the market. You can also look for a used Gilmore Lite, which is almost the same thing. This is one of the clearest and most accurate amps out there. It's in your price range and it works great with the HD-600. I have a Dynalo (DIY, which is also an option if you're interested) and it was terrific with the HD-600 (now sold).

Sep 3, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 3
Thank you for your advice.  I have looked for a used Gilmore lite, but have not had much luck finding one.  So far, thinking about the Little Dot MK III for tube, and Creek OBH 11 and Meier Corda Swing for SS amps. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back