Class of 2006...where are you going?
Mar 30, 2006 at 7:45 PM Post #17 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
If it were me I'd make my choice between UVA and Carnegie Mellon, although I don't know enough about engineering schools to choose between those two. What I will say is that if you have any doubts that engineering is yoru thing, I'd go to UVA because it's a more well-rounded school.

I go to UVA(not as an engineer) and I think that GA tech or Mellon is the better engineering schools. But if money is a concern then UVA is a great deal and still an excellent school.

Mar 30, 2006 at 7:56 PM Post #18 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
I've been wondering about this, myself.

LOL.
Ken, seeing as how you left high school about 54 years ago I think it's high time you decided what to do with your life. You can't just bum around in your parents basement forever you know....
tongue.gif

Mar 30, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #20 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Czilla9000
Thus far I have been accepted to the following:

UC Riverside - Undecided

UC Santa Cruz - Undecided

UC Merced - Undecided

UC Davis - Viticulture and Enology Major (basically Wine science)

American University (in DC) - Undecided

I have yet to hear from:

UC Irvine

UC Berkeley

Reed College

Middlebury College

I am willing to hear appeals from alums on where I should go.

I know someone that went to Reed. He said the academics were tought

You applied to a lot of University of Californias!

Mar 30, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #21 of 103
Just got a nice large envelope from Northwestern University. w00t!

My friends think I'm insane when it comes to college decisions. Why? Because I'm refusing to check the online/email notifications and I'm waiting for the envelopes. I figure that I want to find out the traditional way and that large envelopes are just awesome. If I wanted to, I could check my email in one hour and receive online decisions. But am I going to? No....because I'm nutty like that.

As far as majors go...no fricken clue here. I thought that I wanted to go into Economics, but I've just recently decided that it's not for me (macroeconomics/Fed reserve stuff was driving me crazy).

Mar 30, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #24 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis
I'll be hearing a final decision from Cornell at 5:00 PM EST.
biggrin.gif

Yeah...I'm in a similar situation with some of my colleges. I could check my email and find out from them just like you, but I'm just insane. Good luck surviving the next 20 minutes or so!

Mar 30, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #25 of 103
Even though I'll be a senior in two years, I'm still scared of college admissions. I know this kid that got all As in everything, was the president of robotics club, did lots of sports, that didn't get accepted into MIt.

Mar 30, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #26 of 103
Dude, don't jinx these guys, Ivy Decision Day is nerve-wracking enough without stories like those.

Good luck for those waiting! It was four years ago that I got into Penn, but I can still remember how that felt - I was on top of the world for a week afterwards.

Mar 30, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #27 of 103
Quote:

Oh! I was thinking about making a thread on this, but never got around to it.
tongue.gif

I've heard from a number of my schools, but I don't know where I want to go yet though...

University of Virginia: School of Engineering - Accepted as a Rodman Scholar
Carnegie Mellon: School of Computer/Electrical Engineering - Accepted
Georgia Tech - Accepted
Virginia Tech - Accepted
Northwestern University - Accepted

Not exactly sure, but...
Cornell University - Received likely letter

I'm still waiting for some other schools as well.

... Head-Fi! Help me choose where I want to spend the next 4 years of my life!!!
biggrin.gif

I don't know much about the strength of the engineering schools, but UVA is a great place to go to school. I'm a "double-Hoo" and loved all seven years there. Also, as someone else pointed out, it can be a pretty good bargain tuition wise if you are in state.

Mar 31, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #29 of 103
Yikes rejected from Berkely (due to SAT legal stuff is my guess) and rejected from Harvard (what was I thinking? haha). Stanford tomorrow... I don't want to wake up haha. Not a good streak.

Ah well, all the smartest people I know didn't get into any ivies when they applied either.

Senioritis officially starts now, even though I've already graduated.

Looks like University of Marly College Park is in top standing at the moment. I was accepted to their Honors and Gemstones Program and received a Presidential Scholarship (I'm out of state). Waiting on any more scholarships from the Engineering dept.

It's either a school like Carnegie Mellon, USC, or Maryland which has an honors program as good as any other top school for $80,000 less in the end. Dun, dun, dun....

Mar 31, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #30 of 103
Quote:

Oh! I was thinking about making a thread on this, but never got around to it.
tongue.gif

I've heard from a number of my schools, but I don't know where I want to go yet though...

Cornell University - Accepted
Northwestern University - Accepted
University of Virginia: School of Engineering - Accepted as a Rodman Scholar
Carnegie Mellon: School of Computer/Electrical Engineering - Accepted
Georgia Tech - Accepted
Virginia Tech - Accepted

I'm still waiting for some other schools as well.

... Head-Fi! Help me choose where I want to spend the next 4 years of my life!!!
biggrin.gif

Wow do you get liek straight As? Did you apply to Harvard/Yale/Princeton?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back