ClarityOne IEMs
Oct 29, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #17 of 81
Just tried it. Still working fine for me. Add product to cart, enter in the discount code "lovemybuds", select shipping, and total price shows up as $125.49.

Oct 29, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #18 of 81
I got one; the discount code did work. Thanks to i2ehan for discount code. It turned out, their website worked Internet Explorer with flash add-on turned on. Firefox and Opera didn't work for me.

Oct 29, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #19 of 81
Coupon code courtesy of Sinocelt. :)

I'll post my impressions once mine arrives. :D

Oct 30, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #21 of 81
I'm looking forward to putting these up against the RE272 and ER4S, which are among the absolute best universals I've heard in terms of clarity. Hopefully it won't take too long for them to get to me. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #22 of 81
Please, post your impressions (or link to them) here then.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to putting these up against the RE272 and ER4S, which are among the absolute best universals I've heard in terms of clarity. Hopefully it won't take too long for them to get to me. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #26 of 81
More drivers = less resistance...  Current splits.  I think...  Could be off on that. Though...

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #27 of 81
I learned of this company launching a new line last year at CES. I was very skeptical at first and could not believe the claims that they were making about the quality of their sound at 8 ohms, that is the holy grail of personal audio reproduction. For starters let me clarify some facts about ohms. Being able to use a driver that has only 8 ohms of resistance means 1, your power source has to work much less to push out the signal due to resistance and counter electro motive force. 2, your player uses less power to push more signal. The claim they make is that there processor holds the magnetic field in check that robs us of the true sound and allows the full signal to reach the driver. This is an incredible claim but after reading some of the reviews I had to try them. I received the order, in there old packaging as it looks like they have changed it. after waiting for them to launch online in Aug and received them 7 days later in London On. where I live. I was completely blown away. The sound that is reproduced by these is nothing short of incredible and what ever their processor does it works. I listen to a wide variety of music and can hear notes and nuances that I have never heard. The bass is all their and mids and highs are separated beautifully. My wife runs on the treadmill with them and watches TV shows. She said that the sound was so clear she could actually make out the the back ground conversations that were supposed to be just back ground noise. I am sold and plan to purchase for Xmas gifts this season.
Awesome job ClarityOne, Thanks!

Nov 1, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #28 of 81
Thank you for the quick impressions my friend. If you don't mind me asking, do you happen to own any other earphones you could offer a comparison to?

Nov 1, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #29 of 81
Low impedance is less resistance to current and closer to driving a short. Normally, you lose damping factor and bandwidth with some higher output impedance DAPs. It also draws more current, not less but it's generally more than compensated for by efficiency.

Generally speaking, a low distortion compression of dynamics will make background sounds more readily understood. Not saying this is what happens here but there are no free lunches. There is really no way to decouple the back wave while better coupling the amp. That doesn't mean you can't couple it well enough and they've haven't found a better trade off but the claims are over the top.

I'm always wary of first post being a glowing review of a new product. Not saying it can't be sincere but it's a good time to be cautious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back