ClarityOne IEMs
Nov 1, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #31 of 81

Quote:
I learned of this company launching a new line last year at CES. I was very skeptical at first and could not believe the claims that they were making about the quality of their sound at 8 ohms, that is the holy grail of personal audio reproduction. For starters let me clarify some facts about ohms. Being able to use a driver that has only 8 ohms of resistance means 1, your power source has to work much less to push out the signal due to resistance and counter electro motive force. 2, your player uses less power to push more signal. The claim they make is that there processor holds the magnetic field in check that robs us of the true sound and allows the full signal to reach the driver. This is an incredible claim but after reading some of the reviews I had to try them. I received the order, in there old packaging as it looks like they have changed it. after waiting for them to launch online in Aug and received them 7 days later in London On. where I live. I was completely blown away. The sound that is reproduced by these is nothing short of incredible and what ever their processor does it works. I listen to a wide variety of music and can hear notes and nuances that I have never heard. The bass is all their and mids and highs are separated beautifully. My wife runs on the treadmill with them and watches TV shows. She said that the sound was so clear she could actually make out the the back ground conversations that were supposed to be just back ground noise. I am sold and plan to purchase for Xmas gifts this season.
Awesome job ClarityOne, Thanks!

Hahaha, astounding!

Thanks for starting the next FOTM.

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #34 of 81
It's not that you aren't welcomed, they're just skeptical. Headfi gets a lot of biased reviews that may cause a certain rave of a product that perhaps wasn't deserved. The skepticism is justified, what I don't understand is the sentiments due to the skepticism. If you are satisfied with the product that's fine, people should know when to not jump in by now. Not just anyone can make a FOTM, if it were ClieOS or Mark making these comments then perhaps I can see it happening, but not from a new user whose IEM history is not known. 

I don't expect that much clarity with such a big midbass hump. As a plus, these are probably the most efficient IEMs on paper. I do believe the claim of saving battery power due to it's low impedance and high sensitivity, less volume should be required. They are going to be pick about sources though like the FXT90 or FAD A1. Also expect a lot of hiss if your souce is noisy. 

Nov 2, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #35 of 81
The IEM design and strain reliefs or lack there of is not good enough for $130 from what I can see, so unless I see reviews from trusted reviewers I wouldn't be willing to take a chance with them.

Nov 2, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #37 of 81
Just received a notification today that mine were shipped. Not sure how long before they get to me however.

Nov 2, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #38 of 81

Quote:
Clarityone claim "square wave in - square wave out"... well, Tyll's measurements don't really verify that claim. At all.

Nor was it expected to. The square and settling time (claimed control) is worse than A LOT of standard phones. May still sound OK but there doesn't seem to be much technical merit to their circuit.

Nov 2, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #40 of 81
And you certainly will my friend. Though I must admit, after the last few posts, I'm regretting it already haha. 
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #41 of 81

Quote:
WOW... I can see that new blood is not welcome. Sincere, and last post. I was excited about the product and am not into bitch sessions or miss information. Good luck all!

Any other products from different manufacturers that excite you? It would be helpful to see what other phones you have/ have auditioned recently. 

Nov 3, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #42 of 81

Quote:
And you certainly will my friend. Though I must admit, after the last few posts, I'm regretting it already haha. 
tongue.gif

Measurements are over rated in general and unless there's some major abberation, you just don't know what to expect until a listen. They're easily read into by anyone that wants to see one thing or another. INKs is right about the mid bass but it's not an absolute killer so no need to fret just yet. What I didn't care for was how they used measurements in their shtick and that they didn't pan out in actual test. As I posted early on, there was no way that amp vs phone square was real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back