Clarity One EB110 Review
Apr 18, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #16 of 28
Ok - after 24 hour burn in I still wasn't pleased by the the over-sharpness in the treble - for me the peaks were so high that I tired quickly of listening.  I tried a different pair of silicon tips from another iem and wow - huge difference!  This other silicon tip had a smaller opening and the over-sharp treble is gone.  These now sound a lot like the old set of Monster copper turbine pro I used to have - lots of bass but with more treble and mids than the turbines.

For $40 (CDN) it's really a great value.  I'm looking forward to my DN-1000 but this is really a fun IEM - a keeper.

If anyone is interested these are still available in Winners across Canada - there was one more at my local store.

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #17 of 28
Good to hear thanks for the heads up, didn't see any at my location, I know Staples carries/d them , but at that price I don't think they are that low.
Be interesting to try them with some T series Comply foam tips. that should deal with some treble issues.

Dec 16, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #20 of 28
  old thread, but these are only $9 on amazon.  i just bought 3 pairs for $30 which includes shipping :p  sure beats their original $130/ea price tag.

I still go back to them every once in a while since they sound quite good :) I thought the 30 CAD they are selling them for at Winners was good. 9 bucks!? That's amazing.

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #21 of 28
I never find anything at Winners. Nor their "higher end version" Marshalls.
yep in Canada too.

$9 has GOT to be in the states.

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #22 of 28
  I never find anything at Winners. Nor their "higher end version" Marshalls.
yep in Canada too.

$9 has GOT to be in the states.

Oh man...I go to Winners every other week since we have two locations within 20 mins (London, ON). They seem to have new headphones in almost every time I go, and often completely different stuff between the two stores...they have SC Aviators right now for 70 bucks which seems to be an good deal for such a well-received product.

Winners and Factory Direct are my go-to places for quality stuff on a budget. Heck, I got a pair of Sony XBA-2s for 30 bucks at Factory Direct. Those retailed here for around 229 CAD back in the day.

Sears is also a good place to go. Picked up a pair of Sony MDR EX-600 for 34 CAD (that's after tax btw) when everyone else had them on sale for "only" 59 CAD plus tax. Sears is awesome for finding discounted Sony products. Same with the Great Canadian Superstore actually...

Just have to search in unexpected places to find the good stuff.

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #23 of 28
I still go back to them every once in a while since they sound quite good :) I thought the 30 CAD they are selling them for at Winners was good. 9 bucks!? That's amazing.

Yeah I forgot to mention USD. Heck I don't care if they each last me 6 months. $30 for a year or so worth of good IEMs is completely worth it. I'll just stick a pair in every suitcase just in case!

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #24 of 28
How is the bass in these? I recently had a pair of Yuin Pk3s but are worn out looking for a replacement cheap. These are still 8 dollars and I am very close to buying for that reason alone. Someone mentioned trying a different silicone tip to improve the SQ? What type of silicone tip(can you give me a link to where I can buy these tips) (I am very much a newb when it comes to IEMs, havent really owned a decent pair, earbud guy)

Thank you for your recommendations  :)

Jan 5, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #25 of 28
How is the bass in these? I recently had a pair of Yuin Pk3s but are worn out looking for a replacement cheap. These are still 8 dollars and I am very close to buying for that reason alone. Someone mentioned trying a different silicone tip to improve the SQ? What type of silicone tip(can you give me a link to where I can buy these tips) (I am very much a newb when it comes to IEMs, havent really owned a decent pair, earbud guy)

Thank you for your recommendations  :)

For 8 bucks, just get them. They compare well to the JVC HA-FXT90 which still sells for over 50 USD (I have both). Overall I find the EB110 to be a bit more V-shaped, ie. deeper bass and slightly greater treble extension. Mids are not overshadowed.

The bass is very nice. Quite deep and punchy. Joker's review on the iems thread is a good place to get an idea of how they are.

I use either the stock tips that come with most JVCs since they fit well. I recommend Sony Hybrids if you want to tame the treble a bit since it can be a bit much at times.

I've never bought tips online, but I'm sure someone could guide you to a good place to get some.

Hope this is helpful!

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #26 of 28
Several comments on Amazon about bad build quality on these.

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #27 of 28
Several comments on Amazon about bad build quality on these.

The build quality is fine, its the lack of strain reliefs that's an issue. No worse than UE, VSonic, or any other company that refuses to add strain reliefs.

As long as you aren't treating them horribly they'll be fine. I've had mine for over a year now and they've shown no signs of wear or cable damage.

Again, for 8 bucks they are fantastic iems.

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #28 of 28
Im going to try these clarityone IEMs with the stock tips. But can someone direct me to a link where I can buy some other tips though that would sound better. Thanks

Looking forward to my 1st IEM headphones... For 8 dollars thats perfect to try just in case dont like them but I bet there dam good for the money. If they can hang with the PK3s im happy if there better then fantastic ! :)

I know an earbud compared to an IEM is apples to oranges kind of but does anyone here have the Yuin Pk3 and the EB110?   They in the same league?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back