Circumaural pads for Grado SR25i
Oct 5, 2011 at 5:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MikePearce

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have a pair of Grado SR325i headphones and, even after wearing them for a year or so, my ears still ache after extended use. I was wondering if there were any aftermarket Circumaural pads available, or if anyone knew if other types of pads fit, or even some kind of hack!

My ears will thank you!

Regards,

Mike

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
Hello,

I have a pair of Grado SR325i headphones and, even after wearing them for a year or so, my ears still ache after extended use. I was wondering if there were any aftermarket Circumaural pads available, or if anyone knew if other types of pads fit, or even some kind of hack!

My ears will thank you!

Regards,

Mike

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. The change to circumaural is easy via the Grado factory G-cush pad as shown below.

There is a catch. The mids will sound recessed compared to the bowls and some treble spike will be
apparent. This is all because John Grado tunes each model for their specific type of pad.

A better approach would be to use a HD 414 Sennheiser flat pad or the stock SR60/80i flat pad.

Oct 5, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Maybe they will, maybe they won't. The change to circumaural is easy via the Grado factory G-cush pad as shown below.

There is a catch. The mids will sound recessed compared to the bowls and some treble spike will be
apparent. This is all because John Grado tunes each model for their specific type of pad.

A better approach would be to use a HD 414 Sennheiser flat pad or the stock SR60/80i flat pad.

I've found the 414 flat pad uncomfortable as well.  I use G-Cush, very comfortable.

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #4 of 4
I switch back to comfy pads occasionally, the sound difference between the two is grossly exaggerated sometimes... your ears will thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back