CIEM vs UIEM
Aug 26, 2020 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mjoleksy

Head-Fier
So I’ve been using UIEMs for about 10 years starting out with the Shure 215s. Since then, I’ve stuck with and have grown with UNIVERSALS.

I’m ready to take the jump to CIEMS. My molds are done and on there way to Japan! I made my first CIEM purchase. It will be a surprise.

Tell me, out of some of our top UIEMs, which might I find more magical or that much better made Custom?

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #2 of 4
Hopefully I'm not going to upset the 'apple cart' too early. But my personal opinion is that the mode of CIEM will always outperform a UIEM. I do appreciate that those into UIEMs such Campfire will rightfully challenge this assumption. But I did ask at the last CamJam that I attended (when I went to the Campfire agent) if it was possible that they would do a CIEM version, his response was not at this time... I've tried them, but the distraction of not having a perfect, therefore comfortable fit, was what prevented me from considering them.

Aug 27, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 4
Hopefully I'm not going to upset the 'apple cart' too early. But my personal opinion is that the mode of CIEM will always outperform a UIEM. I do appreciate that those into UIEMs such Campfire will rightfully challenge this assumption. But I did ask at the last CamJam that I attended (when I went to the Campfire agent) if it was possible that they would do a CIEM version, his response was not at this time... I've tried them, but the distraction of not having a perfect, therefore comfortable fit, was what prevented me from considering them.
Thanks Seyley, like your top 3 or 5 fav CIEMs?

Aug 27, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 4
The UM MEST makes a lot of sense to get as a CIEM, since it has a bone conduction driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back