CIEM Reccomendations
Apr 22, 2013 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Zoomer13

Head-Fier
It has been a while since I have used IEMs on a regular basis. I used to use Monster Turbine Golds, but they were falling apart. Lately my nodded T50rps are my go to for everything, but I would like something a bit more portable. So, if I could get a similar sound presentation (minus the sound stage obviously) in a custom IEM, for the best price possible, what would you all reccomend?

Listen to a wide range, but mostly alternative punk and folky rock with a good amount of electronic. So punchy, quick, and a bit of warmth I suppose would be my immediate description.

Thoughts appreciated, and btw I use my rezound with an e11, doubt I'd use the buds anywhere else.

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #2 of 5
When I went custom I settled on the JH Audio 10 x3 Pro. It is a true 3-way crossover 3-driver CIEM that sounded the best out of the JH5, JH7, and JH11 that I auditioned at HeadRoom. I do not regret my purchase one bit. Here is a link: http://www.headphone.com/headphones/jh-audio-jh10-x-3-pro.php

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #4 of 5
I should have been more specific by what I mean by "best". The JH 10 x3 Pro sounded more neutral than the JH5 and JH11 as well as had no issues with crossover frequencies like the JH5 and JH7.

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #5 of 5
Maybe go for the Heir 8.A if you are looking for a bit of warmth? They are $1300 new but if you buy used and then re shell them, they add up to somewhere around $950.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back