Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Nov 21, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #436 of 1,085
  Thanks, I'll look to keep it in one thread going forward. I saw a couple different Mojo and Walkman threads. 

No worries - and don't think I'm getting at you - nothing personal. Just keeps things easier if a problem is troubleshot in one linear progression. We'll get you up and running with Mojo.

Nov 28, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #437 of 1,085
My mojo used to randomly click over the music because I had it set to direct sound instead of asio output, so I set it to asio in both winamp and foobar and it sounds good and no more clicking but when I try to skip forward or backward in a song there is like a 1 second pause before it resumes, is this normal? Not that huge a deal but slightly annoying because I skim a lot, any settings I can try?

edit, seems to be related to the jriver thing on first page, would prefer winamp or foobar but jriver is working well so I'll use it.

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #438 of 1,085

I have an Iphone 7+ and use Mojo and an AudioQuest dragonfly red via Apple CCK USB cable.  What I'm curious about is that there is an acknowledged bug with the DFR and the Iphone 7s , there is a repeating clicking / popping sound every 5 or so secs which is apparently a hardware fault with the new Iphones.  What I'm curious about is why I don't hear this with the MOJO also? I'm guessing there is a buffer and more headroom which means the Mojo can handle the breaks in the signal where as the more simple DFR can't ?

Nov 30, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #439 of 1,085
  My mojo used to randomly click over the music because I had it set to direct sound instead of asio output, so I set it to asio in both winamp and foobar and it sounds good and no more clicking but when I try to skip forward or backward in a song there is like a 1 second pause before it resumes, is this normal? Not that huge a deal but slightly annoying because I skim a lot, any settings I can try?

edit, seems to be related to the jriver thing on first page, would prefer winamp or foobar but jriver is working well so I'll use it.

I'm having same problem: frequent clicks and pops in Windows 10 with apps that can't use ASIO, like youtube (browser) and games. ASIO working flawlessly. Any solution for this?

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #441 of 1,085
I've downloaded my music at the highest quality on Tidal, bury I'm still red. This doesn't happen when I use optical in my computer. What am I missing?

No need to double-post - your question has been answered in the main Mojo thread
beerchug.gif

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #442 of 1,085

I'm having same problem: frequent clicks and pops in Windows 10 with apps that can't use ASIO, like youtube (browser) and games. ASIO working flawlessly. Any solution for this?

sorry for the late reply.
Over the past year there has been several bursts of discussion on the two mojo threads about clicks and pops, and their causes.
There is no single cause, but i do remember some members complaining that they only got clicks when playing games - i think the cause is due to the heavy graphical workload, causing the music stream to the usb port being paused, until the computer is ready to continue.
I suggest that searching these two threads for posts relating to gamers or gaming, and you might find a solution to part of your problems.

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #443 of 1,085
I've downloaded my music at the highest quality on Tidal, bury I'm still red. This doesn't happen when I use optical in my computer. What am I missing?

Tidal will always be red unless your player is up sampling its output. All Tidal formats are 44K/16 bit. The quality defines compression with the HiFi setting being lossless and the lower two being lossy. Can't tell you much about your PC since you didn't say what it is, but I would guess it is set to up sample the digital output to the Mojo. My Mac does that unless the Audio settings are set to 44k.

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #444 of 1,085
Tidal will always be red unless your player is up sampling its output. All Tidal formats are 44K/16 bit. The quality defines compression with the HiFi setting being lossless and the lower two being lossy. Can't tell you much about your PC since you didn't say what it is, but I would guess it is set to up sample the digital output to the Mojo. My Mac does that unless the Audio settings are set to 44k.
Thanks! Great explanation. And yes, I have a Mac.

Dec 3, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #448 of 1,085
Thanks! Great explanation. And yes, I have a Mac.

Open the Audio MIDI Setup application in the Utilities Folder on your Mac with the Mojo connected. Select the Mojo in the left side list and make sure the right side Output button is selected. In the drop down Format list, select 2 ch 16-bit integer 44.1kHz. Once set, it will be the default every time the Mojo is connected.

Dec 3, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #449 of 1,085
Open the Audio MIDI Setup application in the Utilities Folder on your Mac with the Mojo connected. Select the Mojo in the left side list and make sure the right side Output button is selected. In the drop down Format list, select 2 ch 16-bit integer 44.1kHz. Once set, it will be the default every time the Mojo is connected.
That's if I'm going USB, which I'm not.. But I can.

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #450 of 1,085
I am having an annoying problem with my Chord Mojo....

I run Foobar2000 with the DSD:ASIO v1.05 drivers.  When I play DSD stereo files, once in a while it will cut off about a second and then it comes back.

The second thing I noticed is that if I use the DSD:ASIO v1.05 drivers and play 24/192 fLAC, it goes crazy and bizzerk, but if I change it back to DSD:ASIO then it plays fine again!  But if I change it to the ASIO v1.05 it plays fine (so far)

Any help with these issues??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back