Iem 2 :
Fit Ear 334 Version 2 with 000

Cable :
Sys Concept 1300 Strands 5,0 mm

Mini to mini
LabCable for Amp 1
Crystal Cable Standard Reference for Amp 2

Sound Quality :
Chord Mojo 2 line Out / headphone out are very good.
Both are stable and they can produce very good sound quality from both HO and LO.
Imo

Nov 11, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #17 of 37
If you've been here long enough, you'd know that it's so Rudi's precious impressions are less likely to be buried under the heaps of posts. Trust me. They're precious especially if you're new around here.

Rudi, how is the Chord Mojo with the Flare Audio R2PRO? 

Thank you

Chord MoJo pair with Flare Audio are very good .
Make my Flare Audio R2 Pro more fuller sound and better pronounce in the mid and rich in detail too.

Nov 11, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #18 of 37
Sorry, you're wrong. It has to be an OTG cable or USB devices cannot work with Android, period. The pin out is different in an OTG cable to trigger host mode in the connected Android device. You can't tell from the outside that an OTG cable is any different than a regular cable, which is why I think you've got it wrong here. Don't take my word for it though, it's detailed in the Chord Electronics pages on the Mojo.

Thank you for the input

It work with micro to micro USB , or maybe this reason must use USB OTG , because s my friend use micro to micro USB sound quality was not good pair with note 4

Nov 11, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #19 of 37
Hi rudi,

Thank you for your thoughts. I have a Hugo and I think you do too, so it would be interesting to hear about differences between the two.

Also, regarding the line out, as you know the Hugo has the same feature of holding down specific buttons to get a set output, but it is not a true line out since the level can still be changed with the volume control. Can you change the level on the Mojo when it is in line out mode?

I'm considering a Mojo since my Hugo is relegated to my main system. I recently bought a Case Logic camera bag that fits my SS as if it were made for it. It has a front zippered pouch that looks to be able to house the Mojo, so my portable setup would be completely protected.

Hi

Hugo vs Mojo :

Hugo sound Warner than MoJo

Hugo mid is better than the MoJo

The clarity and detail for Iems use I prefer to use MoJo

Mojo has better and quieter background .

Mojo bass is tighter and faster compare to Hugo

Mojo line out is the same like Hugo ,you can still change the level for this line out .
According to Chord is true 3,0 Volt line out

IMO

Nov 11, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #20 of 37
Has anyone heard both the Mojo and the Oppo HA1? How do they compare?

Both are dac / amp

Mojo :

High : is better in detail and clarity

Mid : has better pronounce and clearer too

Bass : is tighter and has better bass impact and has better speed

Soundstage : is wider and deeper compare to Oppo HA 1

Separation : also better than Oppo HA 1

IMO

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #21 of 37
Gear: Iphone 5 w/cck, MacbookPro, Mojo, 64 Audio ADEL A12

Let me begin by saying that I don't speak fancy audiophile lingo, I'm just a normal guy who's always been into music-more specifically metal(doom, sludge, stoner, black, death, atmospheric and all combinations of the aforementioned styles) as well as classical-but mostly metal. I've had a few hours with the Mojo now, here are my results:

The first thing I noticed was the detail. Listening to albums I'd listened to many times before was great. I heard instruments I'd never heard before, especially when the metal was fast-without the Mojo I never noticed the things i missed but with the Mojo it all becomes known. Gasps when the singer inhales or someone tapping their foot at a quiet-live performance of a solo artist, all those thing you say people always hear with nice gear-it comes through with Mojo. I heard people in the audience many times in some of my files when i wasn't supposed to hear them-they weren't meant to be part of the mix. This is especially noticeable with vinyl, which Mojo has caused me to dislike more. I alreayd disliked vinyl and if asked to chose between my 16/44 cd rip of Xanthochroid's Blessed He With Boils or the 24/192 with all the pops and clicks-I'll pick the CD version with its pristine sound free of artifacts.

When I say the music sounds different, it really does. The track I'm listening to-the vocals are quite different. Maybe I'm struggling for words here since I don't have the audiophile dictionary in my brain, sorry I can't describe it better. There is a song by Woods of Ypres called Kiss My Ashes Goodbye, its about 10 mins long. I've never heard David Gold's voice sound like this, it's like he's singing it into my ear and I can feel it. In Lightning & Snow from the same album (called Grey Skies & Electric Light) I hear cymbals that I've never heard before during the chaotic moments of the song. My ADEL's A12's are known for instrument separation so paired with the Mojo (with it's incredible separation) really keeps my brain engaged with the music because there is so much going on where all previously ran together.

To really test the instrument separation synergy with my A12's I chose Archspire's song Lucid Collective Somnambulation. All I can say is wow.

And my mojo just died, looks like i'm out of battery.

What else should I say? My A12's are known for the impressive sub-bass, among other things. I feel like the Mojo slightly lowers this sub-bass in favor of a more neutral signature. One band that I listen to everyday (one of the best bands I've ever heard) is Beastwars. Both their albums Beastwars and Blood Becomes fire sound glorious on the A12's from my puny Iphone5. Beastwars plays doom/stoner/sludge (mostly interchangeable) metal. This style of metal has a moniker: "Tune low, play slow". Basically you can expect extremely downtuned guitars with towering and crushing riffs that echo into nothingness. Especially on Blood Becomes Fire, that whole album really makes the A12's shake with bass. There is more bass impact with the iphone 5 IMO than with the mojo. I use the word impact because the mojo still picks up the same low riffage but just with more detail and a hair less "blow your hair back" bass. I think I'll get used to this as time goes on, brain burn-in and whatnot. If it is a problem for you, you can always EQ a bit-on my iphone 5 the EQ in both tuneshell and onkyo work fine with the mojo.

Concerning soundstage, all I've ever heard is my A12's and my iphone 5/macbook pro so the soundstage actually sounds larger to me. Some of the instruments, especially in Chesky's jazz bits sounded like they were outside my ciem's floating in space. It was an odd sensation and I've never heard it before.

Conclusion:

The most noticeable sound improvement with the mojo is the timing. All the instruments sound like the band is playing right in front of you. The music is alive. From the iphone 5 I have more bass impact but the music is still "just a recording". Mojo does something to the music that makes it come alive, hard to explain. It has a neutral sig IMO so if you're into thundering bass it'll deliver the bass just cleaner and with a hair less knockdown. IMO any bass you sacrifice is worth what you get with everything else the mojo offers. Treble was great as well. Nothing bad to say, I'm glad I bought this and I'm done with audiophile gear forever. I have a completely black background and notice no hiss. RF inerference can be an issue with Iphone 5, use airplane mode.

When I say neutral, I mean warm-neutral. My ADEL A12's are warm(with no detail loss) with a sub bass bump. The mojo games the beast a bit-makes them more reference oriented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFb607Y49X0

Edited by iKE1985 - Yesterday at 8:20 pm View History

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #22 of 37
Hi iKE1985,

Just wondering, but did you ever get any buzzing clicking or interference sounds when using it with your iPhone?

The demo unit I tried in store had horrible sounds that occurred with my iPhone 6 plus. I wonder of the store demo was faulty?

Cheers
James

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #23 of 37
Hi iKE1985,

Just wondering, but did you ever get any buzzing clicking or interference sounds when using it with your iPhone?

The demo unit I tried in store had horrible sounds that occurred with my iPhone 6 plus. I wonder of the store demo was faulty?

Cheers
James

Yes, buzzing popping etc as well. Silent with airplane mode. Gavin is the only one I've seen say he has little/no rf interference-like to know how he's doing it. I wasn't stacking, I had them separated as far as possible.

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #25 of 37
I agree with NZtechfreak, the cable has to be OTG when connecting to Android phones as source. This is not a requirement by Mojo Jojo per se but a requirement of Android phone... I have been using DAC/amp combos for my Android phones for quite a while now (FiiO, CL Theorem.)

My take on Mojo Jojo

Cons (for me)

Scratch prone 

Too bright buttons; can be pressed accidentally pretty easy too. There are couple of times when the battery had been drained because it might have been accidentally switched on whilst inside my bag. I don't know how others can manage to put this inside their pocket...

Notes seems fat but light. It hits you but you don't actually feel them as hard.

Warm SQ

Auto shutdown when hot (on a few occasions and perhaps particular to my unit only)

Pros (for me)

Effortless

Very detailed (you can't miss them)

Relaxed, easy to listen to

Can listen to higher than normal volume without feeling stressed

Small size

Many input options

Does not require additional app on some Android phones although the sampling rate is molested as per NZtechfreak :)

Warm SQ

I normally use it with my HTC One X in airplane mode - I don't use this phone anymore as it is too old(ish)

Regardless of what John Frank say, I felt the sound changed in the first week. I don'k think it is brain burn in as I always compare it to my Theorem 720 since I received it. I was amazed at how the Mojo Jojo presents details. As if it is very eager to tell you all the instruments playing. That is very nice. I do not think it is more detailed than my Theorem 720 but the Mojo Jojo has no problem presenting the details so I feel this is more suitable when out and about/travelling compared to my other DAC/amps combo or DAPs. It didn't hit me as hard as the Theorem 720 but that is just something I must have been used to.

Using my FiiO X5 as source via coaxial (using the cable in the stacking kit) did make the sound warmer and like veiled. I tried this combo for a week and I didn't like it at all so back to Android smartphone as source.

Also tried it with my Surface Pro 3 and Foobar. Setting up is not difficult for me as I have already configured my Foobar to work with my Audio-gd DACs so it was just a simple installation of Mojo Jojo Windows driver and changing a setting in Foobar ASIO. This is also a good combination.

The Mojo Jojo has no problem driving Oppo PM-3 and Sennheiser Momentum.

It drove my HD800 very well also and the sound is respectable. I did not expect that so it was a bonus.

There is one annoying issue with my Mojo Jojo IME - when the unit gets hot, there is a tendency to auto shut down. That happened to me on few occasions with my HTC One X. I thought the battery was drained but the Mojo Jojo switched on when the power button was pressed. This is not a regular occurrence but happened few times.

So, do I recommend this to others? ABSOLUTELY. It is a fantastic small device. Very versatile and reasonably priced too.

Will I ditch my Theorem 720? NO. Sometimes, I still like to listen to this rather than Mojo Jojo for different flavour! :wink:

Dec 8, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #26 of 37
Hi,

When I heard the Oppo Ha-1 I felt that it had plenty of punch to play rock/stoner music in a more 'enjoyable' way than the Sennheiser HDVD800. But I have struggled to consider paying the asking price.

It also handled jazz piano well, another favourite style of mine.

In a purely subjective manner, how do you feel the Mojo would compare for these styles?

I suppose my concern is that it might be a superb DAC that is lacking clear punch in the amp.

Thanks for your time.

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #27 of 37
So what distinguishes the Mojo from the Theorem 720?

I have the latter and find the sound stage and dynamics superb, even better than my Woo audio Firefly. I just don't know if the Mojo is worth getting if I have a Theorem???

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #28 of 37
I spent my Sunday afternoon playing with these toys
tongue_smile.gif

My main objective was to compare Mojo and Hugo using T51P and HD800 but I threw in the Leckerton UHA-6SMKII as well. To make the comparison simple I only use the USB input on all 3 devices.

The rest of the stuff I used are

1. Audio/Video splitter/switcher
2. Siglent SHS806 Oscilloscope
3. Bunch of cables
4. HD800
5. T51p
6. Chord Hugo
7. Chord Mojo
8. Leckerton UHA-6SMKII (with AD797 as the output opamp)

Music I used for comparison
1. Back in Black - AD/DC
2. Get Lucky - Daft Punk
3. Here Comes the sun - The Beatles
4. Spanish Harlem - Rebecca Pidgeon
5. Lay Lady Lay - Bob Dylan
6. Mmmm - CrashTest Dummies

I setup my test rig by hooking up 2 DAC/Amp to be compared by USB to my Macbook. Then on OSX I setup a "Multi-Output Device" from the Audio MIDI setup utility. This is done so I can send the music stream from my Music Player app(Vox) simultaneously to both DAC/Amp devices. The output of each DAC/amp is connected to one of the input of the AV splitter/switcher and it's only output connected to the headphones I used (either T51p or HD800). 

I started comparing Mojo and Hugo using T51p.  I tried to match the output volume of both DACs using the app "decibel" and the built-in mic in my iPhone. At this point I started the comparison and quickly noticed that Mojo is somewhat warmer than Hugo. The bass is noticeably punchy than the Hugo when quickly switching back and fort. Cymbal crashes sounded more forward on Mojo than on Hugo. After I finish the first round of listening tests I had made the initial conclusion that mojo is overall warmer with a slight prominence in the treble and the Hugo has a somewhat flat and balance signature on my T51p.

I checked the volume level to make sure it didn't change during the comparison. Then I discover the app I used does not seem to be giving a consistent level especially on Hugo. This prompted me to think that volume level between Hugo and Mojo was not tightly matched. This is when I decide to use the Siglent SHS-806 oscilloscope so I can accurately measure the output voltage and make the level match as close as possible.

When I was satisfied the output voltage is very close (1.10Vpp, +/- 0.06Vpp), I then repeat the same test on T51p. All of a sudden the differences I perceived earlier was completely gone if not very difficult to discern. i kept  cycling through the list of the music I use for the test but I can't really identify any differences. There are times I thought i hear a difference but when I repeat the part of the music I thought I heard the difference I can't catch it on successive attempts.

I replaced the Hugo with the UHA-6SMKII so I can compare it with Mojo. I then adjusted the Leckerton to match Mojo's volume level. Leckerton's volume knob needs to be a hair passed 12 o'clock position at high gain to match Mojo. With the Leckerton's analog volume control It can match the Mojo's output voltage more precisely of only +/- 0.02Vpp error/deviation. To my surprise The Lecketon can match Mojo's sound. I also can't pickup any matterial difference that I can constantly perceive just like with the Mojo/Hugo comparison.

Next test is for HD800. With Mojo and Hugo first for comparison I have to raise the output volume to 7.52Vpp on the Hugo and in Mojo at 7.76Vpp (this is the closest I can get them) to reach the volume level I am comfortable to listen (this is a click or 2 louder than my usual listening level). Similar to the T51p comparison, I also can't perceive any difference no matter what I do.

As for Mojo and the Leckerton comparison using HD800, I have to decrease the output of Mojo to 6.5Vpp so it can match the Leckerton which already is at the maximum position of the volume knob at high gain. As expected the volume level is noticeably lower than the Hugo/Mojo comparison but nevertheless still enjoyable level. On this comparison too, I can't perceived any difference.

So what do I learn/get from this experience?

- As you may have guessed, proper volume matching is very important to eliminate imbalance which can easily tip to incorrect perception. I'm not done yet however, and not saying there is no actual/audible difference. If there is I'm pretty sure it's very subtle. 

- As long as the amp can deliver the power needed by the headphone at certain volume range the difference is very subtle to non-audible.

- Mojo is indeed a smaller Hugo. They have the exactly same power output (measured) and at least for the headphones I used and using the USB input they sound exactly similar.

- Leckerton showed it's chops which managed to maintain a stable, no-clipping performance even when pushed to it's absolute limits. Although it is nowhere near the output power of what the Mojo/Hugo can deliver (in fact I can only manage half the output of the Mojo/Hugo) it is ab;e less than half the price of Mojo.

At this point, I'm inclined to think that the Mojo is a better value for money than Hugo, especially as a mobile device with it's size and performance matching Hugo. Unless versatility of the output options and bluetooth is worth the premium for you as a desktop amp the Hugo has the upper hand. I find Mojo to fall short a bit as a desktop DAC. It has a shorter battery life. If you use it while charging it can get warm very quickly and depending on your location it can overheat and trigger the overheat protection circuit. I'm in Singapore and my Mojo almost always shutdown when I use it while charging if my room's AC is not running.

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #29 of 37
  Hi,

When I heard the Oppo Ha-1 I felt that it had plenty of punch to play rock/stoner music in a more 'enjoyable' way than the Sennheiser HDVD800. But I have struggled to consider paying the asking price.

It also handled jazz piano well, another favourite style of mine.

In a purely subjective manner, how do you feel the Mojo would compare for these styles?

I suppose my concern is that it might be a superb DAC that is lacking clear punch in the amp.

Thanks for your time.

I like the Chord Mojo with piano stuff. When it comes to "punch" so far I don't think anyone has found it lacking when paired with any high end headphone or IEM that is not unreasonably power hungry. If you mean "punch" in the percussive sense then I think Mojo does just fine especially for its price. In fact I was just listening to my FLAC rips of the Sheffield Drum and Track test CD and I have no complaints about the slam on the drum tracks.

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #30 of 37
I believe overheating and shutting off to be a problem with ththe first batch, I listen and charge at the same time everyday and mine gets pretty warm but not hit and has never shut down.

I'm also a big fan of stoner/room metal and find the mojo has less bass impact than my iPhone 5,clarity probably plays a role as the mojo is so freaking detailed the bass sounds more clean and less muddy but it's sub bass is DEFINATELY more neutral than my iPhone 5. I can confirm this for sure. I highly suggest you checkout anything from the band Beastwars, anything by Kyuss, Electric Wizard - Dopethrone and Windhand's new album (especially the song "two urns") since u like stoner/doom/sludge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back