Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 20, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #42,436 of 42,765
Guys, what iems would you recommend for a Mojo? I'm mostly interested in progressive rock and I need good soul-touching vocals

Jul 20, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #42,437 of 42,765
Guys, what iems would you recommend for a Mojo? I'm mostly interested in progressive rock and I need good soul-touching vocals
Se846 on offer - for a few hundred pound

Jul 24, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #42,438 of 42,765
I used the predecessor (T8) of this AKT9 iem, but the Beyer Xelento version is now slightly cheaper.
Some owners find the Tesla driver too bright for their tastes, but I had no problems.

Jul 24, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #42,439 of 42,765
In my case, with a limited budget but with a love of Prog, I bought a pair of Campfire Audio Honeydew IEMs. I wanted some IEMs that would present the low end bass well while having a reasonably well controlled treble response, and they seem to present that well when matched with my Mojo/Poly.

Jul 27, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #42,440 of 42,765
These headphones are great with mojo.

Dan Clark (MrSpeakers) AEON Flow 2 Closed-Back Headphones​

Get some second hand and replace the pads.

Listening to The Smile, sounds fantastic.

Jul 28, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #42,441 of 42,765
These headphones are great with mojo.

Dan Clark (MrSpeakers) AEON Flow 2 Closed-Back Headphones​

Get some second hand and replace the pads.

Listening to The Smile, sounds fantastic.
Get the Aeon 2 Noire, or replace the standard with the perforated pads (same profile) for, IMO, even better signature! And of course, Mojo 2 is fantastic with them as well.

Jul 29, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #42,442 of 42,765
Oh, well.. For a guy that got a Mojo with a new original battery for $125 and an ifi igavanic for $80..those options are put of budget. I went with Letshuoer Z12. That might be an awful decision

Aug 6, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #42,443 of 42,765
Does anyone know if a stereo 3.5mm minijack will work as spdif end instead of a mono? If yes, what should be the pinout? I want to make a cable, but there are no 3.5mm plugs in the shops where I live

Aug 6, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #42,444 of 42,765
Does anyone know if a stereo 3.5mm minijack will work as spdif end instead of a mono? If yes, what should be the pinout? I want to make a cable, but there are no 3.5mm plugs in the shops where I live
I am pretty sure a 3.5mm jack would work, pinout should be ground for bottom pin and tip for signal.
I take it, you want to use it as desktop DAC, right?
In that case use optical and sell the igalvanic!
When you want to use it as a portable, with your phone, laptop or tablet and headphones/IEM, use USB and don't worry about RF noise, since you are using headphones, you can't get ground loop issues, that happens only if you connect it to two mains powered devices.
The only scenario where you might see a benefit from igalvanic, is connecting it to a noisy mains-powered PC and a mains-powered amplifier, and using USB or SPDIF coax! (a lot of ands )
You see, the ground on the electrical SPDIF can carry the noise too, and your igalvanic can not do anything about it.
Go optical.

Aug 6, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #42,445 of 42,765
I am pretty sure a 3.5mm jack would work, pinout should be ground for bottom pin and tip for signal.
I take it, you want to use it as desktop DAC, right?
In that case use optical and sell the igalvanic!
When you want to use it as a portable, with your phone, laptop or tablet and headphones/IEM, use USB and don't worry about RF noise, since you are using headphones, you can't get ground loop issues, that happens only if you connect it to two mains powered devices.
The only scenario where you might see a benefit from igalvanic, is connecting it to a noisy mains-powered PC and a mains-powered amplifier, and using USB or SPDIF coax! (a lot of ands )
You see, the ground on the electrical SPDIF can carry the noise too, and your igalvanic can not do anything about it.
Go optical.
I'm pretty disappointed with Mojo atm. Yes, the only iem's I've tried it with for the moment are my old Vsonic gr07. They are pretty outdated, but shouldn't be awful.Yet, almost indistinguishable when used with Mojo and my laptop 3.5mm out. Usb, power cables, Jplay.. almost every small tweak I've tried in my big desktop setup in my life gave more difference than Mojo vs laptop 3.5mm out. igalvanic will arrive this week. Other iems later. Don't even want to try Mojo out of my phone. I don't expect other headphones to show any miracle and I consider the plan to get a transportable setup with a Mojo as a failed one. So.. I'll try to build a semi-transportable setup around it. I guess I have to buy an spdif converter for Mojo. I still have a hope that my Berkeley alpha usb can be repaired (it stopped being recognized by pc) . Speaking about optical - I haven't heard of a single device with an optical spdif out with a good clock for it. Also, igalvanic breaks ground loops. So, if placed before a converter, with a Mojo being battery powered, there only "pollution" that can appear would be from the converter

Aug 6, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #42,446 of 42,765
I'm pretty disappointed with Mojo atm. Yes, the only iem's I've tried it with for the moment are my old Vsonic gr07. They are pretty outdated, but shouldn't be awful.Yet, almost indistinguishable when used with Mojo and my laptop 3.5mm out. Usb, power cables, Jplay.. almost every small tweak I've tried in my big desktop setup in my life gave more difference than Mojo vs laptop 3.5mm out. igalvanic will arrive this week. Other iems later. Don't even want to try Mojo out of my phone. I don't expect other headphones to show any miracle and I consider the plan to get a transportable setup with a Mojo as a failed one. So.. I'll try to build a semi-transportable setup around it. I guess I have to buy an spdif converter for Mojo. I still have a hope that my Berkeley alpha usb can be repaired (it stopped being recognized by pc) . Speaking about optical - I haven't heard of a single device with an optical spdif out with a good clock for it. Also, igalvanic breaks ground loops. So, if placed before a converter, with a Mojo being battery powered, there only "pollution" that can appear would be from the converter
I give you $135 + postage for it now!
Deal?

Aug 6, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #42,448 of 42,765
Did you've tried your AT headphone with the Mojo to evaluate whether your iem is off or not?
Seriously, this is the very first time I heard someone stated there's no difference to be heard between a Laptop out and the Mojo ( via USB ). :astonished:
No doubt we all hear different, but that is way out of the equation (for me).

Nonetheless, I'm curious about your better conditions and impressions afterwards. :)

Aug 6, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #42,449 of 42,765
Did you've tried your AT headphone with the Mojo to evaluate whether your iem is off or not?
Seriously, this is the very first time I heard someone stated there's no difference to be heard between a Laptop out and the Mojo ( via USB ). :astonished:
No doubt we all hear different, but that is way out of the equation (for me).

Nonetheless, I'm curious about your better conditions and impressions afterwards. :)
Indeed, it wouldn't be unexpected if it will turn out that something is wrong with those Vsonics. Unfortunately, I don't have a 6.3 / 3.5mm adapter yet (I'm waiting for it to arrive), neither a 3.5 / 2xrca to test it against M51. I can use my desktop setup only twice in a month, that's why I started looking for something transportable.

Aug 8, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #42,450 of 42,765
Well... It's a little better with iGalvanic now
IMG_20220808_205140.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back