Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 10, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #41,086 of 42,765
Help

There seems to be a problem with the battery level indicator on my new Mojo. It goes from green straight to red without changing Amber.

The battery lasts around 8 hours which is good but rapidly goes from showing green to going red, blinking and empty in the final 30mins or so of playback.

Is this typical or should I be concerned

Thanks in advance

Feb 10, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #41,088 of 42,765
I use Chord Mojo with a Xiaomi smartphone and I find it wonderful ... but I was wondering: would there be an improvement by pairing it with a DAP or a better smartphone like LG?
I have never tried a Xiaomi, but did start off using a Galaxy Note 3, as the input to my Mojo.
Once I had added a ferrite choke to the usb cable, the Mojo sound signature was almost perfect, but during very quiet passages, there was sometimes a low level noise like a turntable stylus being dragged across a record for a fraction of a second.
It inspired me to try using a Shanling M1 dap as the source, and that removed the 'stylus noise'.
I also have a Poly, which also eliminated the 'stylus noise'.

I was also tempted by a https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dap-...hz-dsd256-interface-usb-to-spdif-p-13490.html because several owners posted about using it as the source for their MScalers. Any source that is suitable for a MScaler, surely cannot be too shabby :wink: .

In contrast some owners post about using AK daps costing much more money, partly because of the user interface.

Overall I expect that you can improve on the Xiaomi, but could probably obtain a suitable dap for less than €250, which to my mind is not excessive compared to the price of a Mojo or a phone.
As always, us long timers on the thread, can merely suggest gear for you to investigate, but your wallet and ears have to be the ultimate judge.
:slight_smile:

Feb 10, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #41,089 of 42,765
Help

There seems to be a problem with the battery level indicator on my new Mojo. It goes from green straight to red without changing Amber.

The battery lasts around 8 hours which is good but rapidly goes from showing green to going red, blinking and empty in the final 30mins or so of playback.

Thanks in advance
It is not typical, but I am not sure whether you should be too concerned.
Normally it would take about 2 hours for the colour to pass through each charge level - so your situation is odd.
Blinking red is normally the last 2 minutes - so your situation is odd.
Green straight to red is odd - so again your situation is odd.

So several odd situations, but your battery still provides 8 hours.
To me the 8 hours is the key criteria, but I wouldn't blame you for emailing support@chordelectronics.co.uk and asking their advice.

Feb 10, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #41,090 of 42,765
You'll see varying opinions. I find fiddling with sources worthwhile. For mobile use I'd get the XDuoo X10T II.

I will definitely second that!

Get an X10T II and a Lifatec glass Toslink cable, and you will have a world class rig!

Feb 10, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #41,091 of 42,765
I use Chord Mojo with a Xiaomi smartphone and I find it wonderful ... but I was wondering: would there be an improvement by pairing it with a DAP or a better smartphone like LG?
if your player is seeing Mojo and it operates in bit perfect mode, then your phone is identical in sound quality to the finest most expensive DAP there is.

Feb 10, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #41,092 of 42,765
In theory no.

The only thing that may happen is that the phone software may somehow reduce the sampling rate (someone please correct me but I believe some android phones have a top limit of 48khz). As long as the “correct” unadulterated file is transmitted to the mojo from your source there will be no difference.
depends on the software player.
if it is not usb direct, or bit perfect, then the whole deal is off.
it will not sound its best.

Feb 11, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #41,093 of 42,765
Help

Thanks in advance

Maybe Chord provides a newer battery with a slightly higher voltage which stays above the warning threashold most of the time and only drops below it when it's already pretty low in charge.
But thinking of it, I think my Mojo does not behave that much differently. It stays green fo a long time and then changes rather quickly. Has been going strong for 3 years.
I'd not worry.

Feb 11, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #41,094 of 42,765
Maybe Chord provides a newer battery with a slightly higher voltage which stays above the warning threashold most of the time and only drops below it when it's already pretty low in charge.
But thinking of it, I think my Mojo does not behave that much differently. It stays green fo a long time and then changes rather quickly. Has been going strong for 3 years.
I'd not worry.
My poly goes red at 50 % battery. Doesn’t flash till 10%. I use go figure to get a more accurate battery reading during use

Feb 12, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #41,096 of 42,765
Anyone else having issues with Mojo not changing sample rates with the track? Mac OS X, recently updated to Big Sur.

Thanks!

Pete
Check if the output sample rate is fixed at the OS level. If that’s the case then it will be upsampled or Downsampled to the set level. Which player are you using?

Feb 12, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #41,097 of 42,765
Check if the output sample rate is fixed at the OS level. If that’s the case then it will be upsampled or Downsampled to the set level. Which player are you using?

I'm using the Tidal Mac OS App, and had to this point just plugged and played Mojo, with it adjusting sample rate automatically up to this point. When it sounded terrible one day this week I noticed it was set to 192kHz (Blue power ball) and wasn't changing automatically, so I used the Audio Midi setup app to change it to 44.1kHz (Red) setting, but now it no longer adjusts automatically when the sample rate changes.

Feb 12, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #41,098 of 42,765
I'm using the Tidal Mac OS App, and had to this point just plugged and played Mojo, with it adjusting sample rate automatically up to this point. When it sounded terrible one day this week I noticed it was set to 192kHz (Blue power ball) and wasn't changing automatically, so I used the Audio Midi setup app to change it to 44.1kHz (Red) setting, but now it no longer adjusts automatically when the sample rate changes.
I think app like Audirvana or Vox can do automatic sample rate change in Mac OS. I am not sure if Tidal app can do the same.

Feb 16, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #41,099 of 42,765
I have never tried a Xiaomi, but did start off using a Galaxy Note 3, as the input to my Mojo.
Once I had added a ferrite choke to the usb cable, the Mojo sound signature was almost perfect, but during very quiet passages, there was sometimes a low level noise like a turntable stylus being dragged across a record for a fraction of a second.
It inspired me to try using a Shanling M1 dap as the source, and that removed the 'stylus noise'.
I also have a Poly, which also eliminated the 'stylus noise'.

I was also tempted by a https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dap-...hz-dsd256-interface-usb-to-spdif-p-13490.html because several owners posted about using it as the source for their MScalers. Any source that is suitable for a MScaler, surely cannot be too shabby :wink: .

In contrast some owners post about using AK daps costing much more money, partly because of the user interface.

Overall I expect that you can improve on the Xiaomi, but could probably obtain a suitable dap for less than €250, which to my mind is not excessive compared to the price of a Mojo or a phone.
As always, us long timers on the thread, can merely suggest gear for you to investigate, but your wallet and ears have to be the ultimate judge.
:slight_smile:
When I used my Mojo with my, at the time new, iPad 6, I used it without a Jitterbug.

I honestly thought my DT150 was broken, because there was so little bass and the treble was not well controlled. With the Jitterbug, the bass got a bit better and highs smoothed out a tiny bit.

It wasn’t until I got the iSilencer+, that I found them sounding similar as they were with the Mojo on my older iPad 4 (which has a lot less EMI/RF noise than my more powerful and tech heavy iPad 6).

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #41,100 of 42,765
When I used my Mojo with my, at the time new, iPad 6, I used it without a Jitterbug.

I honestly thought my DT150 was broken, because there was so little bass and the treble was not well controlled. With the Jitterbug, the bass got a bit better and highs smoothed out a tiny bit.

It wasn’t until I got the iSilencer+, that I found them sounding similar as they were with the Mojo on my older iPad 4 (which has a lot less EMI/RF noise than my more powerful and tech heavy iPad 6).
does the iPad 6 have a "airplane" mode? did you ever try it with that and if so did you notice any difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back