Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 2, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #41,056 of 42,773
K712 Pro is much cheaper than all the other options I was considering ... I could also find a slightly used one, a few months old, for 150 €.

I'm reading some reviews and opinions, the huge soundstage is something I really like, it shouldn't be too tiring on the treble ... with faster and heavier genres like Metal does it work well?
Yes, its great for metal and rock (that is what i listen most). For classical as well. For anything i would say.

This is open back headphone. Soundstage is bigger/wider than on HD600 series in comparison.

Has a easy changable cable. If gets damaged or you want shorter/longer one, you can change it.

Has a easy changeble pads as well.

Very large pads, its comfortable.

I don't see/think there are any downsides. Up to 4-5x price, i don't think there are better sounding headphones.

If any other questions, ask.

Edit: Good for EQ as well. If need. Treble is good.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #41,057 of 42,773
Has anyone tried the ATH-R70X?

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #41,060 of 42,773
Yesterday I bought Chord Mojo, is this Amazon cable ok for connecting to Android smartphone?

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07CWFNSSN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_RRK6X8VQM9AT167T65V1?psc=1

Are there also other alternatives on the same price and more robust and aesthetic?

Can these OTG cables affect the sound quality or are they all the same and just pick one at random?

Enjoy your Mojo. You won't regret it!
The cable you linked should work, although I can't be certain! I know this one at a similar price does work and for it's price a decent build quality. They should all have same sound quality, but again cheaper ones can quickly develop connectivity issues.
https://www.amazon.com/CableCreation-Braided-480Mbps-Compatible-MacBook/dp/B0744BKDRD

Feb 4, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #41,063 of 42,773
Yesterday I bought Chord Mojo, is this Amazon cable ok for connecting to Android smartphone?

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07CWFNSSN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_RRK6X8VQM9AT167T65V1?psc=1

Are there also other alternatives on the same price and more robust and aesthetic?

Can these OTG cables affect the sound quality or are they all the same and just pick one at random?
Are you sure that’s an OTG cable?

didn’t someone link an OTG cable on here already that has a male to female connector?

I don’t use android devices and I may be wrong but that doesn’t look like any OTG connector I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #41,065 of 42,773
No I'm not sure ... among the reviews, however, there is that of a user who says he uses it to connect his smartphone LG with Chord Mojo.
Maybe search specifically for an OTG cable? I edited my post as you were commenting, didn’t someone post a link to them? Aren’t they suppose to have male end on one side and female the other?

A simple search on google shows this:

https://www.samsung.com/nz/support/mobile-devices/what-is-an-otg-cable-and-what-is-it-used-for/

It is basically the android equivalent of apples CCK adapter.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #41,068 of 42,773
FWIW, I've used cables in the past between my android phone running UAPP and a Mojo that wasn't specified as an "OTG" cable. I'm not certain it's a necessity if you're using the right software.
I wonder whether it works the same way as apple? Do android phones require a chip in the connection piece? I know apple devices require one and by using the CCK (which has one incorporated) you can connect any other cable. If it doesn’t require a chip then in theory any cable would do?

EDIT:
Copied from an explanation:

If you're like me, you've probably already tried to use an adapter to connect a USB device up to your phone with no joy. This goes back to the phone's functionality as both a host and a peripheral. By design, the phone acts as a peripheral unless it receives a signal to enter host mode. That signal is provided by an additional pin in the OTG cable. When the phone detects this pin, it allows connectivity to your USB devices.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #41,070 of 42,773
Not budget by any means but I am loving my HD800S with my mojo.
That sounds like a great combo! Heard the HD800S with my Hugo 2 and it was magical. Unfortunately I ave no budget left after buying the H2 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back