Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 2, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #40,516 of 42,765
I recently re-discovered my little Mojo as my main rig is moving to my European home. Long story short, this is a marvelous little gadget, I am thoroughly enjoying it, once again. I am fantasizing that Chord might release an auxilary device (a'la Poly) that up-rez everything to DSD256, like the little brother of the M-Scaler...

Sep 2, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #40,517 of 42,765
Is there any interest in having a new battery supplied and replaced by someone in the states for much less than $200? (Looking at you George Meyer AV).
I've replaced quite a few over the years and have access to the batteries.

Just gauging interest to see if it's worth while.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #40,518 of 42,765
If I connect a game console (PS4 pro) to a TV that has HDMI ARC, then the TV optical output to Mojo, will that decrease the sound quality in anyway compared to PS4 directly to Mojo?

Sep 3, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #40,520 of 42,765
Are there any device that act like a chord poly for mojo? That can be controlled via smartphone. Want that function on poly but the price is very high for me. Thanks
I know it's a bit late response but, here is what works for me flawlessly.
Try Shanling m0, it's small cheap and has two way bluetooth connection.
For me it's perfect I can use it as playing music form micro sd card, or connect it via bluetooth to your phone and stream tidal or spotify.
It supports LDAC so the quality of bluetooth stream is really high.
IMG_20200806_183812.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #40,521 of 42,765
For me it's perfect I can use it as playing music form micro sd card, or connect it via bluetooth to your phone and stream tidal or spotify.
IMG_20200806_183812.jpg
What app is used to control the m0 from the smartphone?

Sep 3, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #40,522 of 42,765
What app is used to control the m0 from the smartphone?
You cannot control shanling directly from phone not in playing from sd card scenario
You control playback using shanling.
But when you use bluetooth, then you use your phone and whatever app that you want to, just like you were using regular bluetooth headphones etc.
Considering all the problems that people has with Poly, it's more reasonable to go shanling route. This is what I did

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #40,524 of 42,765
....and I use the HiBy R3 stacked with the Mojo.
Works perfectly with the tracks stored on the mico-SD card, and can be remote controlled with the HiBy-App.
Also streaming Tidal tracks via BT from the phone to the R3-Mojo Stack works well. LDAC is supported (but Apple products don't support it!)

The HiBy R3 also has a basic Tidal App, which is OK for accessing playlists, but not much more.
Unfortunately activating the R3's Wifi causes RFI and clicking noises from the Mojo, therefore I use the iPhone or iPad to access Tidal and connect to the Mojo with this cable: http://www.meenova.com/st/p/lgtnmuc.html

11212138_thumb.jpg11237644_thumb.jpeg

Sep 3, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #40,525 of 42,765
You can control the X-10Tii via the HibyLink app. I used to use an M0. The X-10Tii is a major step up (via optical).

Sep 3, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #40,526 of 42,765
IMG_20200806_183812.jpg

May I know what cable do you use to connect the M0 to Mojo? No RFI noise/clicks with this setup when the M0's wifi/bluetooth is on?

Sep 3, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #40,527 of 42,765
May I know what cable do you use to connect the M0 to Mojo? No RFI noise/clicks with this setup when the M0's wifi/bluetooth is on?
The cable is: Fiio CL06.
Only couple of times I heard some small noise when bluetooth was enabled.
Most of the time is dead quiet. Sometimes are some click sounds when changing tracks and they have different bitreate.
For example from DSD to 44k1 etc.
Solution isn't probably perfect but for the price you can't go wrong.
And M0 is really compact player you can stack it with mojo and you get real portable rig.

Sep 3, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #40,528 of 42,765
The cable is: Fiio CL06.
Only couple of times I heard some small noise when bluetooth was enabled.
Most of the time is dead quiet. Sometimes are some click sounds when changing tracks and they have different bitreate.
For example from DSD to 44k1 etc.
Solution isn't probably perfect but for the price you can't go wrong.
And M0 is really compact player you can stack it with mojo and you get real portable rig.

Thank you for the info. Do you have to enable some special settings on the M6 to allow it to channel audio over USB-C to micro-USB and then on to the Mojo where your headphone/IEM is plugged in?

Sep 5, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #40,530 of 42,765
The Hiby Music app is definitely a cool one with the ability to use a smartphone as a remote. It makes their DAPs excellent transports and streamers for external DACs. It's a feature I find useful when I visit friends or family and want to play my music on their systems. In that role I've found the R5 to sound better than the R3 when streaming to an external DAC. Although the Hiby music app is very useful, I find on the R5 that the USB Audio Pro app delivers noticeably higher audio quality with either native device playback or external streaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back