Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 18, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #37,861 of 42,765
Haven't posted here in so long, or used my Mojo as a matter of fact. I'd like to actually start using it again but I have the same issues with the 3.5mm jacks as I did before. When plugged into any source, both of the audio jacks no longer work. It emits a high pitch ear piercing frequency at the very most nowadays.

I tried to inquire a repair with Mojo's 3rd party options in the past but got told it was outside the warranty time window and was $100 per hour to repair my unit and I haven't tried again since.

Has anyone else had this issue or a solution as to how I can go about repairing this feasibly? I'll even take directions if anyone has actually attempted to fix this on their own at this point.
Does the battery still work?
The only reports of noise that i recall are the whine that can be sometimes emitted by the charging circuit.
I am just wondering if your battery has failed, and the noise that you hear is from the charging circuit.

Dec 19, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #37,863 of 42,765
I have the impression that first charge should be 10hrs for Mojo but the store I purchased from told me 8hrs. Any ideas?
Chord part charge the battery because there is no way to know how long a Mojo has been on the dealers shelf, before being sold. So a recently manufactured Mojo could take 4 hours, but if it has been on the shelf for a while, it could take nearer 8 hours. Charge until the charging light goes out.

Dec 19, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #37,868 of 42,765
I’ve had my mojo for 2 months. I mostly listen to music on spotify in the highest quality. It’s still 44,1 kHz so the light on the mojo should be red. It’s blue though, which doesn’t make sense. This only happens on Spotify on my phone. If I listen on my laptop or iPad, the light is red. Also if I listen to normal 44,1 kHz from my phone it’s red. It’s not really a problem but I would like to understand it anyway.
Thank you for your help.

Dec 19, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #37,869 of 42,765
I’ve had my mojo for 2 months. I mostly listen to music on spotify in the highest quality. It’s still 44,1 kHz so the light on the mojo should be red. It’s blue though, which doesn’t make sense. This only happens on Spotify on my phone. If I listen on my laptop or iPad, the light is red. Also if I listen to normal 44,1 kHz from my phone it’s red. It’s not really a problem but I would like to understand it anyway.
Thank you for your help.

Sounds like you set the output of your device to 192KHz. Or Android is natively up-sampling. Been covered lots of times.

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #37,870 of 42,765
Yeah it was concluded ages ago, best not to use any signal processing on the music signal. Just give Mojo the best file type to work with, that being bit-perfect.
You might try sending the native (bit perfect) signal to Mojo, and let it do all the processing, as it’s more powerful and should sound better.

Oh ok haha let me find out how to do that and see if there’s an improvement..

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #37,871 of 42,765
Oh ok haha let me find out how to do that and see if there’s an improvement..

Application -> Utilities -> 'Audio MIDI Setup'

Select 'Mojo' on the left pane. Select 44100.0 Hz from the "Format:" drop down list on right side pane.

20140308audio_midi_d3.jpg

Dec 21, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #37,874 of 42,765
I bought a second Mojo, because I love it so much and I said to have a spare one, just in case.
Anyway, I noticed some really strange behaviour with this one: whenever I turn off a light somewhere in the house, the playing stops! The software continues to play, the Mojo stays on, it's just that there is no sound anymore!
Is this some kind of sensitivity to RFI?
It happens only when the notebook the Mojo is connected to is powered from the mains. When the notebook is on battery, everything is fine.
This doesn't happen with the first Mojo, which is older.

And another thing: when playing 44 - 48 khz files and I dim Mojo's leds, the red led turns from red to orange. Is this normal?
Again, this doesn't happen with the first Mojo I got.

Dec 21, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #37,875 of 42,765
Even if it's a slightly different issue, when I touch the chassis of the Mojo with the jack of the RCA cable that comes from my amplifier, and the amplifier is connected to the wall power (even if the amp is turned-off), the Mojo turn-on alone from the off state. Also, when the jack from the amp is connected to the Mojo, and the Mojo is off, the Mojo's balls "flashes" every 30 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back