Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 18, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #35,177 of 42,765
My Mojo is about two years old and the battery needs to be replaced. In my case, I almost always use it where I have access to power. If the battery needs to be replaced every two years, and given the added cost to do so, maybe a Mojo 2 could be one that doesn't have a battery and requires constant power. My situation could be unique, but a battery-less Mojo would work very well in my case.

I used my Mojo a lot over the year and one months since I bought it. The battery is still exactly as it was in terms of lasting eight hours and fifteen minutes. (That's playing CD quality music.) I do mostly charge the battery when I sleep, and play from battery during the day. I do not leave the Mojo plugged in all the time. I would sometimes charge and play a bit, if necessary. ... Possibly you are worrying too much.

I have however wondered often about fitting a power supply to the Mojo. I mean take out the battery and then add a power supply to power connector on the board. The Mojo would only still see DC power, and could not differentiate that it was not battery power. As long as it was a clean PSU, I could see it working. ... However I am not sure I would advise it, or recommend it. Though I can't really see any problems, but then, I am not a leading edge engineer. It should just be a case of matching the power of the PSU you use, to what the Mojo battery put out.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #35,179 of 42,765
I used my Mojo a lot over the year and one months since I bought it. The battery is still exactly as it was in terms of lasting eight hours and fifteen minutes. (That's playing CD quality music.) I do mostly charge the battery when I sleep, and play from battery during the day. I do not leave the Mojo plugged in all the time. I would sometimes charge and play a bit, if necessary. ... Possibly you are worrying too much.

I have however wondered often about fitting a power supply to the Mojo. I mean take out the battery and then add a power supply to power connector on the board. The Mojo would only still see DC power, and could not differentiate that it was not battery power. As long as it was a clean PSU, I could see it working. ... However I am not sure I would advise it, or recommend it. Though I can't really see any problems, but then, I am not a leading edge engineer. It should just be a case of matching the power of the PSU you use, to what the Mojo battery put out.

I like that idea, why not even go one step further and create a custom Mojo by removing the circuit and putting it in a different case. Mines out of warranty now so if I ever needed to replace the battery I may go this route. I have a 3D printer to print a custom case not many 3D modeling skills unfortunately. I could combine my PiPoly and Mojo in one case, sharing a power supply, that would be very nice.

Jan 18, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #35,180 of 42,765
I like that idea, why not even go one step further and create a custom Mojo by removing the circuit and putting it in a different case. Mines out of warranty now so if I ever needed to replace the battery I may go this route. I have a 3D printer to print a custom case not many 3D modeling skills unfortunately. I could combine my PiPoly and Mojo in one case, sharing a power supply, that would be very nice.
Nice idea.

Jan 18, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #35,181 of 42,765
lets go one step further and design a brand new mojo 8k with redesigned case and internal circuitry and then hire a bouncy castle and jump around on it......:L3000::L3000: JUST JOKING.

on a serious note can anyone recommend a 6.35 to 3.5 adaptor that fits mojo perfectly i.e. clicks into place properly everytime no issues. my pm1 jack plays up a bit. thanks to all

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #35,182 of 42,765
This is currently how I’m pairing my iPhone and Mojo together. I have plans to modify the bottom plate of the Mojo so I can directly mount it to the X frame attached to my phone. It will allow me to remove the Velcro and white foam padding from this set up.

Does anyone know a battery case or some type of external battery that can pass through data? Or any other way I can charge my iPhone while the Mojo is playing, without using a CCK. I’ve had a number of the camera connection kits fail on me. And they’re generally too bulky to use in a portable configuration.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #35,183 of 42,765
Is anyone else getting an occasional shock from their Mojo?It is winter and my room does get dry but i do use a humidifier.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #35,185 of 42,765
Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #35,186 of 42,765
Jan 19, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #35,187 of 42,765
:laughing:So its worth the price?

So, worth is quite subjective. If you compare it to other Roon endpoints, if that’s one of your use cases, Mojo/Poly is a fantastic value. As only a mobile solution, it depends what you are looking for. Mojo alone is excellent. Poly not only adds flexibility, but also seems to be able to get the best sound from Mojo.

Jan 21, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #35,189 of 42,765
Hi guys,

I've come across an issue with windows 10 (fall update installed), and the Chord Mojo, which seems to cause Firefox v57 (the default version from their website) to stutter when watching youtube videos.

When Chord Mojo is selected as the default sound device (default settings selected in properties), videos will appear to be choppy and judder. When a different sound device is selected as default in windows, there are no stutters. This can be seen by switching back and forth.

Firefox has been reinstalled and tested in safe mode - still choppy. Chrome and Edge don't show this issue.

Has anybody else come across this?

Update : Switched to optical. No issues.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #35,190 of 42,765
My Mojo isn't working anymore - it shuts down whenever I try to play. Sometimes it shuts down right when the music begins, sometimes after 2-3 minutes. I tried playing from Linux / Win 10 / Mac - same issue.
Disappointing; it is less than 1 year old.
Update: now it's not even starting - after all the buttons lit up Mojo shuts down immediately.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back