Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 7, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #33,661 of 42,765
listening to mr speakers ether flow (home trial) out of my imac while i wait for mojo to complete its initial charge. coming from the small beyer dt880 straight to a TOTL headphone described as the closest thing to electrostatic performance available is new 'thing' for me. hugo 2 cash refund well spent!! i'm trying hard to feel if the ether flow's are comfortable for me. in one way yes with lambskin deep pads but maybe a bit heavy we shall see.

Let us know how you like the Flows with Mojo.

Sep 7, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #33,662 of 42,765
What's the story behind that?

A long one. Here is part of it:

"That the first did indeed have a loose knob on its shaft. We have had a few of these from the very first batch due to a very few faulty knobs being supplied. We isolated the build batch very early on and have subsequently dropped that supplier.

The second returned unit was tested thoroughly by us and had no fault found. We assume that the jack or cable were faulty or not pushed in properly.

The third unit would have been fine when we supplied it as it has a final USB check prior to shipping. However having tested the unit it was faulty having had had its USB chip blown to pieces despite having full ESD and overvoltage protection built in, this can only occur if the user's equipment has significant earthing or voltage applied to the USB socket."

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-hugo-2-the-official-thread.831345/page-521

Sep 7, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #33,663 of 42,765
the mojo beats everything under 1000 and drives all your headphones easily. there is no competition you need to hear it to understand. i'm collecting mine today.

If you are getting the Mojo, then let me give you a tip. A USB to spdif converter/decrapifier does wonders for the Mojo. Something like the Singxer Su-1 or Schiit Eitr,

Sep 7, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #33,664 of 42,765
Thanks Hooster,

out of my imac the flow's sound brilliant but i'm feeling the comfort factor may not be for me. i'm thinking of the sony z1r maybe next trial. mojo approaching end of initial charge.

Sep 7, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #33,666 of 42,765
If you are getting the Mojo, then let me give you a tip. A USB to spdif converter/decrapifier does wonders for the Mojo. Something like the Singxer Su-1 or Schiit Eitr,
In what way does it do wonders for Mojo?Does it eliminate RF noise and improve sound?

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #33,667 of 42,765
In what way does it do wonders for Mojo?Does it eliminate RF noise and improve sound?

Not sure about the technical stuff to be honest. It just makes it sound better. If you want technobabble, here is some from Schiit (no affiliation):

"Why would I need a USB to SPDIF converter?” you might ask. Well, maybe you don’t. Maybe you’re already using our Gen 5 USB input. But if you aren’t, this is a great way to convert virtually any computer, tablet, streamer, or phone into a dedicated, high-performance audio source.

Works with Virtually Any Audio USB Source and DAC
Just connect your USB source to Eitr’s USB input, and connect Eitr’s coaxial SPDIF output to any DAC that accepts coaxial input. Now, you have complete isolation from source to DAC, together with a superb, low-jitter coaxial SPDIF interface for bit depths and sample rates up to 24/192.

USB, Solved: Gen 5 Technology
The Eitr features the same unique Gen 5 USB input technology as in our upgradable DACs. It’s simply the highest-performance USB input available today, with complete electrostatic and electromagnetic isolation (via transformers), self-power of all critical low-noise and rechecking sections, and separate, precision clock sources for both 44.1 and 48kHz multiples. (And if you don’t understand the technobabble, here’s the point: it works great and sounds great, too.)

Linear, Low-Noise Power Supply—Built In
You won't need any "linear supplies" or other "add-ons" to improve Eitr—like all of our stackable products, we've built in a linear supply with multiple stages of ultra-low-noise voltage regulators. From the included 1.5A, 6VAC wall-wart to the output, there are no switching supplies in Eitr."

http://www.schiit.com/products/eitr

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #33,668 of 42,765
Hi i have had the oppo ha-2, ordered the ha-2 SE (still waiting for it...) i want to try the mojo. Question is there a mojo 2 coming soon as the hugo was refreshed. Also, anyone using the mojo with the galaxy s8?

Sep 7, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #33,669 of 42,765
Hi i have had the oppo ha-2, ordered the ha-2 SE (still waiting for it...) i want to try the mojo. Question is there a mojo 2 coming soon as the hugo was refreshed. Also, anyone using the mojo with the galaxy s8?

Don't expect a Mojo 2 until at least 2019. Poly hasn't even shipped yet so the only folks who have had the full Mobile Joy experience are the folks at Chord and the reviewers who either have the first batch of Poly's or who will soon have them.

Sep 7, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #33,670 of 42,765
Don't expect a Mojo 2 until at least 2019. Poly hasn't even shipped yet so the only folks who have had the full Mobile Joy experience are the folks at Chord and the reviewers who either have the first batch of Poly's or who will soon have them.
Ok thats reassuring as i just saw some retailers giving discounts on the mojo..tahts usually a sign for destocking

Sep 7, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #33,671 of 42,765

Since Rob Watts preferred optical TOSLINK over coaxial with the Mojo and Hugo, I wonder whether, in this case, the Eitr would still sound inferior to the much more affordable optical setup I used. (A $30 Behringer UCA202 audio interface and Monoprice 1419 TOSLINK cable.) The differences between USB and optical were very subtle in my experience, though. (And I know that some DACs benefit more from coax.)

Sep 7, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #33,672 of 42,765
has anyone had problems with mojo after using a cck3 cable listening and charging the ios device at the same time?
Is that the USB 3.0 camera cable? I have been using it for a few weeks with the mojo. I've had no issues with music or charging the iPhone. I use a very long Anker powerline+ Cable to charge while listening to the mojo.

Sep 7, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #33,673 of 42,765
mojo charged. ether flow 3.5 jack did not fit mojo connector. listening to fragile by sting from my dt880 600 ohm stunning. different not worse than H2. Tomorrow i will arrange z1r somehow. the story continues.

thanks i'll try cck3 again with ipad mini retina.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #33,674 of 42,765
Just ordered the Anker Power Port 5.I am presently using my HTC 10 quick charger.I contacted Chord about using a quick charger and they said its fine.But I read that Rob said that it could be bad for the battery.Too bad it's the only one working and it is charging without issue.And it's not overheating any more than usual.But sometimes when I move the unit around it loses the charger connection.That never happened when I first bought it.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #33,675 of 42,765
mojo charged. ether flow 3.5 jack did not fit mojo connector. listening to fragile by sting from my dt880 600 ohm stunning. different not worse than H2. Tomorrow i will arrange z1r somehow. the story continues.

thanks i'll try cck3 again with ipad mini retina.

Outstanding. Are you sure that the ether flow 3.5mm jack will not fit if you give it a little push? It should be a standard connector. Great to hear that you are liking Mojo, I look forward to your impressions with Z1R :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back