Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 10, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #15,676 of 42,765

Mython and Masterpfa, thank you for your help!

@masterpfa , how would you compare the tonality of the Mojo and the X1? Meaning, if Mojo is considered to be neutral, is the X1 warmer or brighter than the Mojo?

Even though neutral the Mojo I find to be a full sounding DAC and for that reason hard for me to really describe the X1 in comparison.
Certainly the DP-X! is neither brighter nor warmer but these are just my findings.

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #15,677 of 42,765

usb output to Mojo or is there another type digital output on the DP-X1 and if it is usb only, any downside to no digital out?

edit - rephrasing

USB only to DP-X1>Mojo

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #15,678 of 42,765
  Even though neutral the Mojo I find to be a full sounding DAC and for that reason hard for me to really describe the X1 in comparison.
Certainly it is not either brighter nor warmer but these are just my findings.

Cool. Thanks!

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #15,679 of 42,765

Cool. Thanks!

I have just edited my original posting

"Even though neutral the Mojo I find to be a full sounding DAC and for that reason hard for me to really describe the X1 in comparison.
Certainly the DP-X! is neither brighter nor warmer but these are just my findings."

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #15,681 of 42,765

any difference compared to other digital outputs on other DAPs (aside from the obvious, I'm in search of intangibles like objective sound quality / stutter etc.)

I haven't noticed any differences in sound quality. 
blink.gif

Because my music collection has everything DSD,WAV, FLAC from 44.1Khz up to 352Khz etc as well as Native DSD at 11.2Mhz, I prefer USB but that is for compatibility purposes only as I know Optical Toslink for example is restricted to 24/192.

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #15,682 of 42,765

Although I never lost connection, all usb cables I tried 'stick out' from Mojo.
Chord states they use standard usb size and I believe them, so it must be all the usb cables that have too long connectors.

I can imagine, this could cause problems in portable use.
I use Mojo however as desktop DAC, so movemnet is not an issue for me.

Also, even though the cables stick out, no matter how hard I move them while plugged in, I never loose connection.

First I would try different cables in your case.

Hello. Please could you say if you found any advantages using the Audioquest USB cable over a standard cheap USB cable.

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #15,683 of 42,765
Whilst an optical cable will eliminate any external RF interference, if noise is introduced within the DAP prior to the conversion to optical it will be transmitted. Maybe the noise is introduced in the conversion process. Perhaps the older AK models are not as clean as they could have been...

Exactly my thoughts, and the most likely explanation. Or, the 240 is colouring the sound to be darker. Needs further tests, which needs to be controlled and one change at a time to come to any sort of conclusion against other sources.

:beerchug:

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #15,684 of 42,765
Exactly my thoughts, and the most likely explanation. Or, the 240 is colouring the sound to be darker. Needs further tests, which needs to be controlled and one change at a time to come to any sort of conclusion against other sources.

:beerchug:
Or the 100 is coloring the sound by making it brighter.

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #15,685 of 42,765
Or the 100 is coloring the sound by making it brighter.

Well, that's what I said was most likely, but offered the other perspective as I don't really know for sure. :wink_face:

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #15,690 of 42,765
Sure does.  As far as the LCD-2s I'm not sure since I don't own them.

As much as I enjoy the mojo w lcd2, I still feel the lcd2 sounds nicer w fuller body when hooked up w Liquid Carbon in the chain. But I'd have no problem even if I didn't have the LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back