Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 4, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #15,301 of 42,765
Hmm.. Thinking of purchasing a Mojo, the only thing that stops me is the lack of balanced configuration. But all the stellar reviews have me questioning if that's a factor even worth being concerned about.

Go for It! You won't regret it... There's even still the killer bundle deal together with Nighthawks (link a few pages back) ... If you don't need them I 'd know someone who would take them of you're hands :)
Cheers

Apr 4, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #15,302 of 42,765
i do that everyday, it won't do annything negative to battery life..

all smartphones ans other tech gadgets come with smart battery technology, if the charging reaches 100%, it will cut off the charge then when it discharges to 99% again the charging will start and the loop goes on.

Chill, i put my oneplus one, nexus and mojo to charge whole night everyday..

I got some new headphones which sounded duff out of the box. To loosen them up, I hooked everything up to Mojo, which was plugged into the mains via a Samsung charger (for an S5 phone).
I left it overnight and in the morning, Mojo was off and when I tried to power it up, the LED flashed red then powered down. Strange. I had to unplug the charger from the wall socket to get it to resume charging. As I'd noticed this "fast charges" the phone to 85%, then takes almost as long to go beyond 85%, I suspected it may have something to do with power saving features of the charger. Something in the charger wasn't recognising the voltage drop, and therefore Mojo just ran down.

I thought I'd try again, this time with a Sony charger.
Sure enough, that has kept Mojo powered up for the last 19 hours!
Clearly, not all chargers are suitable for keeping Mojo powered as a Desktop DAC.

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #15,303 of 42,765
Wait. So the Mojo can take power from the wall to the "charging port" and then USB input from a PC ? If so that's awesome for more power.
Possible to power it with just the USB input? If so I reckon it would have more trouble driving higher impedance headphones?

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #15,304 of 42,765
Mojo/ETHER C pairing is my preferred listening rig right now and it is indeed fantastic. So musical and technical at the same time. This is a pair that my brain says 'this is how it should sound'. Tyll's review of the ETHER C on Innerfidelity pretty much covers it all.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/mr-speakers-ether-c-world-class-sealed-headphone#u5ZQOZ2y5LWXH2dr.97

Rob does indeed have a pair of ETHER C incoming.

Nice review, I just don't know why so many people feel the case is butt ugly...I think it's functional... And it's offered for a decent price... So fine with me.

BTW now that I know about the mojo Nighthawks bundle, the Nighthawks are somewhat spoiled for me... This might lead me to leave out the Nighthawk and step up to the Ether Cs right away... Yeah dreaming is allowed :)

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #15,305 of 42,765
  Wait. So the Mojo can take power from the wall to the "charging port" and then USB input from a PC ? If so that's awesome for more power.
Possible to power it with just the USB input? If so I reckon it would have more trouble driving higher impedance headphones?

Yes, it has a separate usb power port so you can charge it at the same time as using it, etc. 

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #15,306 of 42,765

Yes, it has a separate usb power port so you can charge it at the same time as using it, etc. 

I like to lick the data port whilst the charging port is in use
tongue_smile.gif

I always wondered what the 2nd one was really for!

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #15,308 of 42,765

I like to lick the data port whilst the charging port is in use
tongue_smile.gif

I always wondered what the 2nd one was really for!

It must have a mushroom flavour!
blink.gif

Apr 4, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #15,309 of 42,765
Question- if I'm storing the Mojo for a while, should I expect it to drain by itself?

Apr 4, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #15,310 of 42,765
That's not a good question here, you might get flamed for not using your Mojo!! :wink:

I think it will be fine for a while if I'm not mistaken... Better question is how could you let the Mojo not be used for an extended time?

Apr 4, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #15,311 of 42,765
Hi they are currently in production now and will be available in May. I'm sorry they have taken so long but we wanted the tooling to be just right. We know that any company can bring a case for mojo to market so we had to make sure that ours would be good enough that every one would like ours best.

What is the type of Leather you are using?

What is the price set for this case?

Have you guys ever thought of using a Kevlar composite for the casing? ie. DuPont™ Kevlar®

Apr 4, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #15,312 of 42,765
First day of using the phone/mojo out doors and on the train. The pair is working but its heavy and when I put my stack in my jeans I accidently am changing the volume somewhat too easily. The pros well the pair do sounds good together, lots of bass slam now. I can easily change the volume by pressing on my jean. A volume lock would have been a good idea.BTW in jean pocket the Mojo gets really hot.

Try mounting the Mojo with the velcro on the top. I found that this way there is very little chance of adjusting the volume or switching it off accidently which I have done before I changed the way I mount my Mojo

Apr 4, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #15,313 of 42,765
Try mounting the Mojo with the velcro on the top. I found that this way there is very little chance of adjusting the volume or switching it off accidently which I have done before I changed the way I mount my Mojo
Good idea. So turn it onto the other side.

Apr 4, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #15,315 of 42,765

That sounds like a discussion for a different thread but not on Head-Fi
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back