Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 11, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #9,076 of 42,765
I am considering the Mojo for use mainly as a USB DAC connected to my laptop. How does the battery behave when fully charged and the device is working at the same time that the charging USB is connected? Does it keep draining the battery and charging it at the same time or does it bypass the battery and function from the power received via USB?

Also, what life expectancy would this battery have? Would it be easily replaceable by the user?

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #9,077 of 42,765
It won
  I am considering the Mojo for use mainly as a USB DAC connected to my laptop. How does the battery behave when fully charged and the device is working at the same time that the charging USB is connected? Does it keep draining the battery and charging it at the same time or does it bypass the battery and function from the power received via USB?

Also, what life expectancy would this battery have? Would it be easily replaceable by the user?

It won't by pass, mojo takes power only from Battery.
According to John Frank, Life expectancy of Battery in Mojo is around 10/15 Years.
And yes, it's easily replaceable. 

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #9,079 of 42,765
I ordered this one at under half e price. It's shipped so I'll report back after I receive it.

http://world.taobao.com/item/44240667193.htm?fromSite=main

I received the Taobao lightning-micro-USB cable today.  Tested briefly and it is working on iOS 9.2 with iPhone 6S and Mojo.  So, for $45 including shipping and about 2 weeks total time, not bad if it continues to work.  Again, this will be an ultra-portable solution for flights/airplane mode listening.  Generally, I prefer a longer micro-USB cable with the CCK as it lets me keep the Mojo further away form the phone and allows easier movement/control of the phone.

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #9,080 of 42,765
It won
It won't by pass, mojo takes power only from Battery.
According to John Frank, Life expectancy of Battery in Mojo is around 10/15 Years.
And yes, it's easily replaceable. 

Chord has stated that they will replace the battery if necessary, but user replaceable is another thing. They strongly suggest to only go through Chord channels for battery replacement.

Edit: Read this.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/6600#post_12150328

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #9,081 of 42,765

I received the Taobao lightning-micro-USB cable today.  Tested briefly and it is working on iOS 9.2 with iPhone 6S and Mojo.  So, for $45 including shipping and about 2 weeks total time, not bad if it continues to work.  Again, this will be an ultra-portable solution for flights/airplane mode listening.  Generally, I prefer a longer micro-USB cable with the CCK as it lets me keep the Mojo further away form the phone and allows easier movement/control of the phone.

Holy **** that is a life saver, gonna get one now

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #9,082 of 42,765

is there any difference in SQ between via cck and via Taobao lightning-micro-USB cable? im still waiting for that cable from taobao too.

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #9,084 of 42,765
Could someone recommend a cable making company in the U.K. please?

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk

http://www.chord.co.uk/products/

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #9,085 of 42,765
I have been using the Onkyo HF player on my Xperia Z3 for a while now. With screen turned off, there are stutters and small delays in playback. It happens once in a while every few mins. Initially I put the blame on the USB cable but recently I have received another higher quality cable and the issue still remains.

Today I tried the USB Pro Player and it seems like there are no stutters with the screen on sleep. Unfortunately I haven't been able to test for long enough but so far no stuttering at all. I am thinking of making the switch even though I much prefer Onkyo's interface.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue using the Onkyo app? And also are there any other better choices compared to the above mentioned apps?

Jan 12, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #9,086 of 42,765
I have been using the Onkyo HF player on my Xperia Z3 for a while now. With screen turned off, there are stutters and small delays in playback. It happens once in a while every few mins. Initially I put the blame on the USB cable but recently I have received another higher quality cable and the issue still remains.

Today I tried the USB Pro Player and it seems like there are no stutters with the screen on sleep. Unfortunately I haven't been able to test for long enough but so far no stuttering at all. I am thinking of making the switch even though I much prefer Onkyo's interface.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue using the Onkyo app? And also are there any other better choices compared to the above mentioned apps?

Are you using the stamina mode?

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #9,089 of 42,765

Note quite the reply you are looking for, but I am using UAPP and do not experience any problems screen on or off, but usability is determined by the power of your phone especially if looking to play Native DSD etc. I have never regretted my choice having tried Onkyo several times. But individuals user experiences, I know do differ, but my player of choice. YMMV

Probably others who have used ONKYO HF can answer you actual question in more detail.

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #9,090 of 42,765
UAPP is a better app than the Onkyo one where USB audio is concerned on Android, in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back