Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 21, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #1,441 of 42,765
Digital-out for an iphone would be the lighting port right?

Let me see if I understand correctly, If I can equalize in tuneshell on my iphone5 then pipe that stream into the mojo this is a good thing or a bad thing?  I thought EQ was bad as it bypassed the dac or something?
Bad to my mind, others may disagree.

Oct 21, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #1,442 of 42,765
Got my mojo delivered this morning from Peter Tyson free one day delivery,been charging for nearly 8 hours coulndnt wait any more,first impressions are fantastic,cant believe I will be using my AK120 Titan and 100ii as transport.Have tried with sony mdr-1a and Hifi man re600,dont usually have a drink during the week but i think I might crack open a bottle of red,
gs1000.gif
£400 ive ever spent on Audio.

Oct 21, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #1,443 of 42,765

You beat me by 55 minutes.

Am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I ordered it during a 10-minute break during a conference. Everyone else was running to the restrooms and I was over in a corner ordering the Mojo! 

Think I had my priorities straight, right!?!

beerchug.gif

Oct 21, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #1,446 of 42,765
My little bit of input taken from my AVForums postings:

::

Had an Oppo HA-2 for use with my Shure SE846's but still noticed low level background hiss (None for a Note4/S6). Can't say the design grabs me but may have to give this a try.

Will still use the Note 4 with Direct headphone out when out & about, but with the Mojo when home/office or on PC.

Arrived in super quick time! But supposedly need to do a full 10hr charge before use
clear.png

All waiting to test out. Will keep on charge for 10hrs but will do a quick test while still powered once charge light goes out (max 4hrs).

20151021_110022_zpsld23anil.jpg

Initial impression is build quality is excellent with great size and weight in hand.

Not going to write a detailed review as I'm not into audiophile speak and there will be loads of that kind of feedback on Head-fi soon,  but this is coming from someone who used a Dragonfly v1.2 and an Oppo HA-2 with my Note 4 and couldn't really notice that much of a difference. I did like the HA-2 slightly better than Note 4 headphone out, but the hiss with the SE846's spoiled it for me.

First key requirement for me with a DAC/AMP is no hiss. I cannot hear any hiss whatsoever with the Mojo, just like the Note4/S6/iPhone6 headphone outs.

Level of volume control is fantastic and having precise big recessed button pressing with colour change is great idea. Only need volume set to low level for both the Note 4 & the Dell XPS13 ultraportable. I prefer volume control on this to the wheel on the HA-2.

The connection with Android UAPP player recognised the DAC with no issue and the Powerball colour changed to signify the 96(Green) 192(Blue) and DSD (White) tracks I played.

Got Foobar2000 to playback dfs files but must need to do some more configuring as doesn't change based on track properties. If I set driver to 24/192 then plays with correct colour blue but doesn't sound quite as good as output from the Note 4 (but still better than the already decent built-in audio of the XPS13).

So audio from the Note 4/Mojo with 96/192/DSD tracks is the best audio I have ever heard and to my ears is a significant step-up from the Note 4 headphone out. It enhances all the great potential of the SE846's sounding even more alive/rich/full. I've got a lot more testing to do but looks like this is one DAC/AMP I will be keeping!

20151021_121624_zpsj37wrz1p.jpg

20151021_121803_zpsoq6e8dkc.jpg

20151021_124716_zpsb2cwxjkl.jpg

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #1,448 of 42,765
Psikey, thanks for the impressions. I like that you tell a little bit about where you're coming from, what other gear you have, and we even get a little peek at the genres you've been playing. Great! What improvements did you hear over the HA-2? You've said "no hiss" and alive/rich/full. How do you feel the level of detail compares? When you listen to Louis Armstrong, do you hear that kind of breathing and airiness that makes you feel like the trumpet is in your room and not in some digital file, better with the mojo?

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #1,449 of 42,765
jamato8:
Have you tried Ibasso dx90 throug coax to Mojo? If yes, how much is the improvement (through HP out), if any...
rolleyes.gif

Cheers!

x RELIC x in his great review mentioned that LCD 2 has a suprisingly good synergy with Mojo despite the fact that this is a pretty power hungry headphone... But what about MrSpeakers Alpha Dog or Prime? Has anybody tried one of them wit Mojo so far? They seems to be even more demanding...

Thanks.

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #1,451 of 42,765

ordered on saturday evening and dispatched today thanks to custom-cables.uk...... now i have to wait... :)  now i have to find a good way to hook up with my zx2 EU.... 

i will use it with mdr1a and shure 535...

have to fing a better headphone..... an iem maybe or even an ciem....

your top 5 mojo headphones/iem/ciems ?? 

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #1,453 of 42,765
How did you find the Oppo P3 with the Mojo? I listened to them on oppo dac yesterday and thought the sound was a bit too warm, no sparkle, a little boring.. it didn't sound like a neutral balanced headphone (which is what I prefer), but perhaps it was because of the Oppo dac. Didn't try on the Mojo

apologies for missing your post. No didn't get the chance to try with the Mojo. But may do so later this week. The P7s are a bit lead-footed.

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #1,454 of 42,765
I haven't read the whole thread yet, it's going fast! But I would like to ask a few things. I recently bought an Ibasso DX 90 and a Philips Fidelio X2. I also have an O2 amp/dac which I feel pairs nicely with the X2. What I would like to know is the following: would it be beneficial to replace the O2 amp with this Mojo? This would mean I would basically use it as an amp connected to my PC.

Also, is there actually any comparison at all to the DX90 or O2 amp soundwise? It's so hard to describe sound in words, but maybe someone has comparable equipment and can say a few words. Thanks.

Oct 21, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #1,455 of 42,765
ordered on saturday evening and dispatched today thanks to custom-cables.uk...... now i have to wait... :)  now i have to find a good way to hook up with my zx2 EU.... 

i will use it with mdr1a and shure 535...

have to fing a better headphone..... an iem maybe or even an ciem....

your top 5 mojo headphones/iem/ciems ?? 
I ordered my in Saturday morning from Amazon uk and get it yesterday (Tuesday ) morning :) I will pair with my zx2 also , you will have to buy digital out cable to pair it with mojo which isn't available in Europe . I took order from Amazon US paid only 32 dollars with shipping so model number is Sony WMC-NWH10 USB good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back