Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 29, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #14,836 of 42,765
  Agreed.

Z7, TH-600 or 900 should be enough then.
You find bass with TH-600 and Mojo not to be satisfying enough?
I am not sure what to suggest next then.

th600 ? Pad mod and foam discs to #3 yet ? If not, try it before you nose dive into another money spending hole

Notices the punch mid bass now after EQ in foobar!

But... i always use spotify :frowning2: no time to download all of the songs... :frowning2: :frowning2: 

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #14,838 of 42,765
Mojo paired with th900 is absolutely amazing. For now, it's my favorite combination out of my little collection.

No doubt ! They both are amazingly good, and that was why I thought what was the point of someone pairing Mojo to an external amps....because if Mojo + TH600 is not enough, then EQ will be the next thing that I can recommend

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #14,840 of 42,765
Mar 29, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #14,842 of 42,765
But none of you tried listening to the music! How can I explain this? When you look at a painting you don't initially say things like "admire that shade of yellow","what wonderful brush strokes" or "love the frame size". Your brain tells you whether you like it or not.

Similarly with music, don't listen too hard. Perhaps read this forum at the same time. Do you notice your foot tapping or your head nodding? Does the tune continue to play in your head afterwards? When walking along the street is there a spring in your step, do you start singing along. All good signs.

This is something new for me:  

I don't warm up to new music readily, yet, with Mojo, for the first time in my life, I am listening to music that is very different for me.  From a suggestion here, "Running with the Wolves" by a 20 year old Norwegian has blown me away!  

As xeroian described:  I started out to 'rate' Mojo on the song ,but ended up lost in this young person's gorgeous haunting voice...losing myself (foot tapping) in the "musicality" as well as the unusual pronunciation and lyrics.  Aurora (Tidal)  

I have listened to more new music in a month with Mojo than I have in 12 months without.   It has inspired both me and my wife to go into new areas.  This Norwegian singer, as the classical music of  Stravinsky are captivating me.  The detail is inescapable with Mojo; it captures me while listening.  

I mention just two "new" musical experiences for me but I could just as easily add another half dozen.  One mojo reviewer cited Amber Rubarth, and I heard what he heard, and got hooked.  I have 3 of her albums and now have put in favorites 2 of Aurora albums, and a slew of Stravinsky performances, now listening to the same ballets, performed by different orchestras.  

Mojo, what hath ye wrought?

What a blast!  

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #14,843 of 42,765
Problem SOLVED! Paid for 5 pound to get Equalify PRO.

Work even while streaming. Worth the bucks.

Happy listening 
dt880smile.png
 (Mojo+TH-600+Spotify+Equalify PRO) My life is complete...

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #14,845 of 42,765
Job well done ! Enjoy your music
smily_headphones1.gif
, and as I said, Mojo is very capable at scaling EQ, and is 1 of it Forte

Hahaha thanks man!!!!

Nearly lost $300 for an amp to boost the bass even though this MOJO can kick the ass off all of the other Dac/Amp in this price range XD

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #14,846 of 42,765
  Hahaha thanks man!!!!

Nearly lost $300 for an amp to boost the bass even though this MOJO can kick the ass off all of the other Dac/Amp in this price range XD

Yup I'm an eq/basshead.  Equalify for desktop and uapp for phone.  Only gripe is that when using equalify it sometimes freezes the app and you'll have to quit and restart the whole thing, I also wished that the eq on uapp was parametric instead of graphic.

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #14,847 of 42,765
Hi wondering if this was resolved? I just experienced it in my unit I was using it while charging and it got really extremely hot and automatically shutdown twice after that I just left it to cool.
What's the cause or how do we deal with this issue? I've had a good 2.5 hour before this happened so I'd like to avoid anything damaging if it's not good use it while charging.

I think from previous posts, it is normal that it shuts down due to overheating which is something you want to prevent further damages. Different issue I think, I've noticed though that when connected to my android phone, sometimes the phone would just restart during playback. Need to try with another phone to see what is going on but haven't had the time.

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #14,848 of 42,765
hey, I've been looking at the se846 for a few weeks. Thing is Im going to constantly be wondering how good the next tier IEM sound etc... I know my obsession for the best of things, I'll end up with 3/4 pairs of IEM's within a few weeks lol. Im going to return mojo, add whatever I need to get the se846, update my file quality then re-buy the mojo. All good, I got so intrigued by this mojo I bought it not realising my hardware wouldnt handle it. I'll have it again within a few months. Probably at a discount on the £400 price tag aswell.

I hear that. I remember getting my SE535's a few years back as I had promised myself a pair after reading all the glowing reports from years previous when they were the 530's. I yearned for a set and when I could I got myself a pair and never looked back.

Go for it I say after all it's what "Rocks your boat" that matters

For example I listen to alot of oasis, nickelback, stereophonics, kings of leon... where do I find well mastered versions compared to the original album? Im hoping to buy them 2nd hand as it will greatly reduce the cost over new

Most exchange shops or even online with Amazon.

I think as long as you are buying original CD's of the artists you like you should be OK

Mar 29, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #14,849 of 42,765

This is something new for me:  

I don't warm up to new music readily, yet, with Mojo, for the first time in my life, I am listening to music that is very different for me.  From a suggestion here, "Running with the Wolves" by a 20 year old Norwegian has blown me away!  

As xeroian described:  I started out to 'rate' Mojo on the song ,but ended up lost in this young person's gorgeous haunting voice...losing myself (foot tapping) in the "musicality" as well as the unusual pronunciation and lyrics.  Aurora (Tidal)  

I have listened to more new music in a month with Mojo than I have in 12 months without.   It has inspired both me and my wife to go into new areas.  This Norwegian singer, as the classical music of  Stravinsky are captivating me.  The detail is inescapable with Mojo; it captures me while listening.  

I mention just two "new" musical experiences for me but I could just as easily add another half dozen.  One mojo reviewer cited Amber Rubarth, and I heard what he heard, and got hooked.  I have 3 of her albums and now have put in favorites 2 of Aurora albums, and a slew of Stravinsky performances, now listening to the same ballets, performed by different orchestras.  

Mojo, what hath ye wrought?

What a blast!  

You'll have to start another Thread with "Music to listen to with Mojo"

Liking all your suggestions so far as we speak Aurora via Tidal is having fun with my ear drums
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back