Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 29, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #14,851 of 42,765

Post #4  (cough!)  LOL

Doh

As it's taken me ages to get up to date with this thread I thought I would be safe from the Post #3/4 never needing to visit again

Obviously not been concentrating when reading 
blink.gif

Thank you 
beerchug.gif

Mar 29, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #14,852 of 42,765
I hear that. I remember getting my SE535's a few years back as I had promised myself a pair after reading all the glowing reports from years previous when they were the 530's. I yearned for a set and when I could I got myself a pair and never looked back.

Go for it I say after all it's what "Rocks your boat" that matters

Most exchange shops or even online with Amazon.

I think as long as you are buying original CD's of the artists you like you should be OK
cheers!

Mar 29, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #14,853 of 42,765

Yup I'm an eq/basshead.  Equalify for desktop and uapp for phone.  Only gripe is that when using equalify it sometimes freezes the app and you'll have to quit and restart the whole thing, I also wished that the eq on uapp was parametric instead of graphic.

This equalify bass can go deep as hell :D

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #14,855 of 42,765
Oh really? yes i admit the bass quality is freaking good. But can i boost it a lil bit? :frowning2:

Dude.. just buy a pair of extreme bass headphones. Ive seen you ask the same questions in so many threads its not funny. Want bass go for a pair of bass headphones. Geeze. Or just strap a subwoofer to your ears.

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #14,856 of 42,765
Oh really? yes i admit the bass quality is freaking good. But can i boost it a lil bit? :frowning2:

Dude.. just buy a pair of extreme bass headphones. Ive seen you ask the same questions in so many threads its not funny. Want bass go for a pair of bass headphones. Geeze. Or just strap a subwoofer to your ears.

I was at CanJam and got to try out 630VB. I think it's probably best option for someone that needs bass.

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #14,857 of 42,765
OK I realise I'm jumping the gun but I was wondering if Chord have considered MQA compatibility with the proposed Mojo add on?

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #14,858 of 42,765
I think from previous posts, it is normal that it shuts down due to overheating which is something you want to prevent further damages. Different issue I think, I've noticed though that when connected to my android phone, sometimes the phone would just restart during playback. Need to try with another phone to see what is going on but haven't had the time.

Thanks so far used it with zx2 and iPhone w no issues but the heat is a worry.
I've tried it unplugged without a case and playing while not charging and it seems fine for now.
Quite a hassle though as don't want it scratched up when exposed.
Maybe the next iteration of the mojo should have heat sinks and a fan haha

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #14,859 of 42,765
I dont care of scratches just keep working as it should and Im ok. An EQ installed in the Mojo would be fun.

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #14,860 of 42,765
Tried Mojo with HD800S, HD800, LCD-X, LCD-2, LCD-4 today. There was Chord Dave but I wasn't brave enough to touch that beast.
Ended up with a new Mojo 
L3000.gif

Does anyone noticed high frequency (definitely above 10kHz) from Mojo during charging time?

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #14,862 of 42,765
I forgot to post about the sound when charging. Only happens on my weak chargers. On my fast chargers, no noise.

jmills8-Are you enjoying mojo bro? I'm about to lay down and put my headphones on.
My old X3 connected to the Mojo.

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #14,863 of 42,765
Tried Mojo with HD800S, HD800, LCD-X, LCD-2, LCD-4 today. There was Chord Dave but I wasn't brave enough to touch that beast.
Ended up with a new Mojo :L3000:

Does anyone noticed high frequency (definitely above 10kHz) from Mojo during charging time?

How do you like the HD800S with the Mojo? I have an itch to go try one.

Yes, many people have the high pitch noise when charging. Lots of info in the third post on this in the battery and charging section.

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #14,864 of 42,765

Chill :) I think it's a valid question, we're here to share information anyway.
I also find the bass to be lacking in presence though I enjoy the mojo a lot.
I've tried eq-ing, but lined out to mojo, the eq doesn't work so quick answer would be is not to use mojo if you miss the head surrounding bass.
Using lcd2, Tried zx2 lined out to mojo lined out to duet: sound is airy, details are complete, but bass is lacking for me as well.
using the zx2 lined out to CL duet alone, bass is full and more immersive.. Not as refined or airy as I think the dac from the mojo is really something special but you get a head full of bass not achieved by mojo plus you can eq.
I hope that helps.
Haven't tried other amps yet, but I'm also looking for recommendations for that full sound when pairing my headphone, dap, and mojo. On that note though, maybe mojo is really just for iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back