Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 28, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #14,701 of 42,765
I have also used the cinnamon and liked the difference I heard from most of the other cables I tried. I ordered the Silver Dragon for the Mojo and found that it is a further improvement to my sound. These differences are not game-changing nor monumental but work for me.

MBP → SDragon → Mojo → AQ Sky → LC
is the silver dragon from moon audio a usb canle?

Mar 28, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #14,703 of 42,765
cheers, i just found before you linked. Its a shame the lead is so long, be cool to have a custom lead length option. 75 cm isnt portable for me lol. Nice looking cable though!

While I have the AQ cinnamon for home use and do agree there is a minimal SQ difference as bestula has already mentioned (whether or not it's worth 45 quid is up to you) I'd say if you need a custom cable for your Mojo you should try and contact Matt at FAW. Far as I know he makes any cable you want any way you want it if you just e-mail him the specifics or what you need it to do.

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #14,704 of 42,765
While I have the AQ cinnamon for home use and do agree there is a minimal SQ difference as bestula has already mentioned (whether or not it's worth 45 quid is up to you) I'd say if you need a custom cable for your Mojo you should try and contact Matt at FAW. Far as I know he makes any cable you want any way you want it if you just e-mail him the specifics or what you need it to do.
cheers for link. I wonder how much a small micro to micro otg would cost. I will email him

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #14,705 of 42,765
Well it seems fairly straight forward what you have to do on the player by selecting line out or coaxial, just need the correct cable. its a bit of a PITA though that they have changed this but it looks like they have done it purely for aesthetics to have one less socket. the sound straight from the X5ii is not too shabby though. thinking of maybe getting rid of the mojo as the sound is so good from the player. I need to try it with it though, If it takes it to another level that will be awesome. can you run a micro usb to micro usb cable from the x5 to the mojo do you know???

That's a negative.

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #14,707 of 42,765
Mar 28, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #14,709 of 42,765
Don't bother with a format that's prohibitive to listen to, and one which Rob Watts has pointed out the problems with in this thread.. :wink_face:

Try doing a comparison between the same master in 2x or 4x DSD converted to something like 24/96 PCM. I'd bet you couldn't tell the difference. I can't, and I have tested the different formats with the same master on many different gear with some resolving headphones/IEMs. It's quite liberating to know that there really is not much in the DSD format itself after getting past the marketing.

+1

I will however say, websites that sell DSD are a great guide for finding good quality recordings. Then I just listen to the it on Tidal HiFi for a cheaper DSD experience :wink:

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #14,710 of 42,765
Reading all these comments about expensive cables improving sound of the mojo, you guys needs to realised its expectation bias.  

When I hear "this cable improved the sound of my Mojo" just know this, if you really believe it will or expect it to, then your mind will simply send of the necessary signals to make it happen.

Concentrating and focusing on a high quality instrument with no distortion in a track can give the impression of clarity.  

Many times I've picked up the Mojo, some times I think to myself, hang on, the sound quality isn't like it was before?  To find the next time I pick it up my faith in the Mojo is restored.  No cable change. Am I playing the same song over and over each time I pick up the Mojo? No. I play different material, recorded by different people, in different rooms, and mastered in different ways.  Playing various material each time you pick up the Mojo can give a false impression.

Chord bundled a basic looking usb cable that sends 100% of the data to the Mojo, no fancy branding or aesthetic involved.  If they thought that a Usb cable would of made the sound better, perhaps they would of offered it as an extra ?

If you feel that your Mojo isn't doing what you thought it should do, maybe your expectation was slightly too high to begin with, or your headphones are the limiting factor - they are at the end of the audio chain.  

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #14,712 of 42,765
This. Your mind is unbelievably powerful. (Which is a good thing) You can convince yourself of anything given enough time/reputitions. Not going to go deeper with that but
yeah. The placebo is real although then, it doesn't make a difference if there is any improvement or not because you still "get" the improvement with a better cable 
but its in most cases just stupid to do so in the first place.
I'm not saying cable don't make a difference because I've never heard an expensive cable but I can with good confidence say 
that in most cases it is NOT worth it.

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #14,714 of 42,765
Guys let's focus on your mojos and avoid thread-killing chats on cable sq...

60313681.jpg

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #14,715 of 42,765
  Don't fall for the Usb cable snake oil stuff.

Isn't that a little too general of a statement? I personally speak not of just the specific differences when swapping out cables with the mojo, I really only bought the cinnamon AQ because I like the way it looks and is built, not because I wanted better sound out of my DAC connection. However there are many counts of people being able to reliably identify better and worse performance coming from different cables as a result of blind testing exclusively. Could they be lying? I guess. Could they be exaggerating most of the time due to placebo? Likely (arguably).

Easy to say "oh yea I can tell the difference between this and that" when reviewing stuff on the internet but once you go to an actual meeting such as CanJam or what have you, or to a studio/audio store and there are people actually conducting those tests in front of you and you know there is no kinky stuff going on in the background and getting them right then you may become a little more open minded to TINY differences.

Edit: Apologies for the offtopic, on topic didn't chord have a portable case for the mojo in the works? Does anyone have any good alternatives? Been looking into getting one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back