Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 28, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #14,671 of 42,765
Because the second generation FiiO DAPs share the line-out with coaxial-out and the pin configuration is different. On the second generation the coaxial signal is on the sleeve instead of the tip and the ground is on the second ring instead of the first.

If you read the third post the information is in there.

You can see the pin configuration with the included adaptor here:

http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40478

Thanks for that, that explains why my current cable doesnt work. I have the cable that is pictured in the link but how does the other end go into the mojo as its a phono input connector???

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #14,672 of 42,765

Because the second generation FiiO DAPs share the line-out with coaxial-out and the pin configuration is different. On the second generation the coaxial signal is on the sleeve instead of the tip and the ground is on the second ring instead of the first.

If you read the third post the information is in there.

You can see the pin configuration with the included adaptor here:

http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40478

Thanks for that, that explains why my current cable doesnt work. I have the cable that is pictured in the link but how does the other end go into the mojo as its a phono input connector???

Really, you should get one that has a 3.5mm plug instead of the RCA you see in that picture.

The main reason for that picture is just to show you the pin-outs on the 3.5mm TRRS plug/socket on those particular Fiio DAPs.

Mar 28, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #14,673 of 42,765

Really, you should get one that has a 3.5mm plug instead of the RCA you see in that picture.

The main reason for that picture is just to show you the pin-outs on the 3.5mm TRRS plug/socket on those particular Fiio DAPs.

yeah ok many thanks for the reply, any ideas as to where I can source a cable from? I had a fiiO cable which worked with my dx50 but doesnt with the x5 2nd gen.

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #14,676 of 42,765
This chord mojo, playing through uapp, my music seems to stutter quite a bit, has artifacts popping noises in it. Through poweramp not half as much. EQ is off on both players. Poweramp sounds better than uapp. Do I have to get FLAC to make the noises go away? Ive never noticed or heard them running my android hifimediy dac and c5 amp. Is mojo bringing out the bad bits of my recordings?

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #14,677 of 42,765
This chord mojo, playing through uapp, my music seems to stutter quite a bit, has artifacts popping noises in it. Through poweramp not half as much. EQ is off on both players. Poweramp sounds better than uapp. Do I have to get FLAC to make the noises go away? Ive never noticed or heard them running my android hifimediy dac and c5 amp. Is mojo bringing out the bad bits of my recordings?

From post #3 (!)

If you are experiencing clicking sounds, you may need to adjust buffer settings:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9930#post_12282635

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/10230#post_12295303

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #14,678 of 42,765

I reviewed the X5ii with a loaner from Fiio, and the combined Line Out/Dig Out socket, creating a mess when connecting to other equipment, was the sole reason I didn't buy it, and stuck to my original X5.

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #14,679 of 42,765

On top of buffer setting in my experience stuttering and (especially) popping sound could be due to the otg cable quality. See if you can try a few other otg cables and get better result?

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #14,680 of 42,765

I reviewed the X5ii with a loaner from Fiio, and the combined Line Out/Dig Out socket, creating a mess when connecting to other equipment, was the sole reason I didn't buy it, and stuck to my original X5.

Well it seems fairly straight forward what you have to do on the player by selecting line out or coaxial, just need the correct cable. its a bit of a PITA though that they have changed this but it looks like they have done it purely for aesthetics to have one less socket. the sound straight from the X5ii is not too shabby though. thinking of maybe getting rid of the mojo as the sound is so good from the player. I need to try it with it though, If it takes it to another level that will be awesome. can you run a micro usb to micro usb cable from the x5 to the mojo do you know???

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #14,681 of 42,765
Yes.  Apple phones will output bitperfect from all your apps to the mojo, for example; youtube, bandcamp, etc.  Android will force upsample(and thus make sound like crap) everything that isn't run through UAPP or Onkyo.  So, you can run tidal or actual albums you own through UAPP, with Onkyo you  have no tidal support.  I'm currently frustrated that bandcamp doesn't have an option to output bit perfect to a usb dac, given that it's a music lovers app.  So my bandcamp sounds like dooty now since I've transitioned to an S7 edge, the android upscaling is to be avoided if possible, truly makes the sound garbage.

To sunmmarize; with android, albums you own digitally and can transfer to the phone AND tidal will sound great, everything else will sound like doo doo butter. 

With an iphone, everything will sound great, including youtube, bandcamp, tidal, stitcher, and any albums you own digitally.  Hate android native upsampling, so stupid.
Thank you very much. I'm sorry to hear that it doesn't work out as well with the S7. I planned on getting that to pair with the mojo (expandable memory was the main reason) but looks like I'm sticking to iPhone. Sigh lol

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #14,682 of 42,765
Well it seems fairly straight forward what you have to do on the player by selecting line out or coaxial, just need the correct cable. its a bit of a PITA though that they have changed this but it looks like they have done it purely for aesthetics to have one less socket. the sound straight from the X5ii is not too shabby though. thinking of maybe getting rid of the mojo as the sound is so good from the player. I need to try it with it though, If it takes it to another level that will be awesome. can you run a micro usb to micro usb cable from the x5 to the mojo do you know???

I use my X5 with a Hugo and to me it certainly makes a worthwhile difference. And one cable, courtesy of my iBasso dx90 that supplied a coax 3.5 to phono.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back