1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946
948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957
Next

Last
  1. bavinck
    It does help, thanks.

2. twiceboss
    Got my Mojo. But why i dont feel "wow"? Somebody explain?

GreenBow likes this.
  3. Ike1985

Neutron is buggy and worthless, glad i didnt pay for it. It will not output bit perfect to mojo anf if it does by some miracle-it will only last a few minutes before crashing and being permanently unable to do so again.

4. Mython Contributor

Nobody can guarantee that you will experience sound in the same way as another person.

Listening to music is a subjective thing.

Being impressed (or not) by anything in life, is also a subjective thing.

However, numerous times in this thread, many people have remarked that Mojo gradually grows on them, and they end up being impressed by it, even though they weren't initially as impressed.

That doesn't necessarily mean that you will ever be impressed, if you're not now, but it is certainly something worth considering.

Here's one example, but there are many, many more in this thread:

Quote:

It also depends on what kind of music you generally like to listen to - if you like artificially-created music, or highly manipulated music, then you may not be playing to Mojos strengths of making acoustic recordings sound natural and realistic.

Light - Man likes this.
  5. Ike1985
    I am extremely dissappinted that mojo sounds worse with bandcamp than my phone. This is no fault of mojo's, which used to sound spectacular with my iphone 5 with bandcamp. Its the damn android upsampling, whatever genius thought this upsampling was a good idea shouod be fired. Unfortunately for all my streaming on android; bandcamp, youtube, etc, I cannot use mojo as the sound of the upsampled output is atrocious. Shame on samsung. The only time I use mojo now is when i'm listening to albums ive downloaded via UAPP. My listening is probably 80% streaming, 20% UAPP.

Won't somone please invent a program for android that bypasses the dac when streaming from other programs? :sob:

6. twiceboss

Well i can still give more times. Just got it today and soniceletronix give 60 days to return for a full refund :wink:

7. warrior1975
    That's who I'm purchasing it from. I like their 60 guarantee.

8. Ike1985

Depends on what you're listening to, the quality and mastering of it.

Also takes time for brain to adjust to new sound.

Suggest blue coast acoustic recordings in flac.

Also depends how good your phones/iems/ciems are.

9. Ike1985

Than the mojo? Lol, if that isn't a joke you need your hearing checked. I also have both and it's different leagues.

10. Light - Man

Try running it in for at least 24 hour even if you do not believe in burn in, it is well worth a try.

A lot of people say 100 hours gives most of the benefits of burn in.

11. bavinck
    Arguments for and against burn in aside, the reason why Rob says the Mojo is more musical are basically mathematical in nature. Listening to the mojo will eventually make that apparent, or it won't. Either way, no need to debate burning in the math of what Rob has done with the Mojo.

12. twiceboss

How can amp/dac affected by burning in?

I believe burn in is too un strengthen the driver. Yes for headphones

but what about solid state in Mojo :O

13. denis1976
    hi, Nooooooo what i mean is that the Fio x3 first gen play much better than a iphone5...no mistakes

14. Light - Man

I am not debating it, I just suggested it as an option.

This notion of brain burn in is the biggest crock of !!!! I have ever heard IMO!!! [​IMG]

I suggest that you stop giving orders on this thread and leave it to the thread starter and moderators.

15. opienor
    I took my Mojo out flying today. Happy to report back that Mojo is now certified up to 25000 feet:)

Mojo1.jpg

Mojo2.jpg

First

Back
937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946
948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957
Next

Last