Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 24, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #11,911 of 42,765
You might like the flc tech flc8s. Great IEM.

Thanks for the input, I am due to audition the ones on the loaner program sooner than later I hope.

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #11,912 of 42,765
Never tried IEM that was even close to the sonic experience of a mid-fi open back pair of headphones.

Just my 2 cents.

Portability justifies IEMs, of course. But experiencing limitless sound quality with no compromise is only possible with open back full size hps. IMO.

I hear u, I had a lot of headphones , I still have the HE500 which I read someone saying they sounded fantastic with the mojo, which is hard to believe because they r very hard to drive, but the mojo works wonders so it might just be the case. I have to give the 2 a try. I have w3000, hd600, nighthawks and others, but I listen to my IEMs more than anything else just because they are much more convinient.
Thanks for your input

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #11,913 of 42,765
  Never tried IEM that was even close to the sonic experience of a mid-fi open back pair of headphones.
Just my 2 cents.
Portability justifies IEMs, of course. But experiencing limitless sound quality with no compromise is only possible with open back full size hps. IMO.

That is generally true. However, iems now a days are not far off a midfi open back. For me, I think a good top end iem can compete with a good mid end closed back. Open full size, I think, will always be king. However, when I want total silence and portability there is no beating iems for sound and ease of use.

Feb 24, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #11,914 of 42,765
  You are playing music out over the windows direct sound driver. You need to add the wasapi plugin to Foobar then set foobar to use the wasapi output instead of the direct sound. You should be able to google around and find guides on "setting up wasapi with foobar" otherwise you are going through the windows mixer which resamples audio to whatever your playback device is set to.

Thanks, Danthrax, your feedback was very helpful! I must say the sound quality boost is amazing and I can now enjoy listening to hi-res tracks. The power button changes its color accordingly.

Feb 24, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #11,916 of 42,765
I've also sorted out the issue with the Hiby player for Android devices so I'll post it here in case anyone needs it. You have to launch the Hiby Music player and leave it on (don't minimize or close the app), then connect Mojo to your Android device and wait for a confirmation message to appear. Tap the ok button (that will allow the application to stream music through Mojo) and enjoy any sample rate you want.

Feb 24, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #11,918 of 42,765
  Having just listened to the 8 Ensembles in One bit Dsd256 in Jriver 21 through the Mojo and a pair of He-500's my mind is blown..  Absolutely amazing!

What an amazing recording!! Sounds great with Mojo and HE560's.

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #11,919 of 42,765
  I've already edited my previous post with the link you require...

Many thanks uzi2, I eventually found the hidizs box with said cable in it and then the adaptor from a fiio dac/amp box, after a few insertions here and there, bingo i have music.
The headaches i've suffered with, squinting at the screen for hours on end these last few days have paid off at last.

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #11,920 of 42,765
By the way, with regard to hidizs and on the go function, make what you will out of this taken from their site

AP100 firmware ver.070
released on 2015/04 New Functions 01. Support 32Bit audio software decoding 02. 0.5DB adjustable volume balance 03. Display lyrics of song with LRC file. Default-Off 04. Support EXFAT filesystem format 05. Support M3U playlist 06. Support coaxial output under USBDAC mode 07. Support OTG audio connection - Support USB audio output for user using Android 4.1 or above, recommended to install Hiby Music from Google Play. (Reason for recommendation: FREE app with USB DAC audio function) - Switch to DAC mode before connection. 08. Support OTG storage management - Switch to Storage mode before connection. 09. Support WAV DTS files. 10. Gapless playback, Default-on

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #11,922 of 42,765
There is a gap under each of my headphones out. Is this a problem? Seems to be a poor built...

Mine has the same thing but I don't consider it a fault as the jacks do not move whatsoever.  It seems to me the majority of your post in this thread are you trying to find faults with the mojo.  If you need to dig this hard to find faults why not just return it or sell it and move on.

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #11,923 of 42,765

Just my 2 cents.

That is generally true. However, iems now a days are not far off a midfi open back. For me, I think a good top end iem can compete with a good mid end closed back. Open full size, I think, will always be king. However, when I want total silence and portability there is no beating iems for sound and ease of use.

I have HD600, but i use my earbud VE ZEN 2.0 (320 Ohms), now a days i hardly touch the HD600.
I will buy more Earbuds, some with 400 Ohms. 
I personally can't wear Headphone for hours, may be 30 mins max, but with Earbuds i can wear for hours and enjoy the music with my cute Mojo :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back