Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 20, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #11,657 of 42,765
I've been quite happy with the Mojo. I wish Chord would introduce an affordable "Mojo TT" table top version without a battery that is capable of driving headphones like HD 650, HD 800, HE1000 etc. I'm guessing it would sell extremely well and many people would purchase one? 

Feb 20, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #11,658 of 42,765
  I've been quite happy with the Mojo. I wish Chord would introduce an affordable "Mojo TT" table top version without a battery that is capable of driving headphones like HD 650, HD 800, HE1000 etc. I'm guessing it would sell extremely well and many people would purchase one? 

I wouldn't mind a desktop version of Mojo.
I mean it works quite well.
But recharging and overheat issues as a desktop DAC can be a small pain.
I still don't care having this awesome sound for the price. (Addictive!)
Bur I wouldn't mind if I could forget about charging, etc.
(I hardly ever use Mojo as portable device.)

Feb 20, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #11,659 of 42,765
  Some forum members have expressed interest in USB connections to the Mojo. Dr Watts and John Franks have given us much to consider. Here is some interesting information that Dr. Aix reported on yesterday on his blog. You can read the piece for yourself by clicking here.

MBP → SDragon → Mojo → AQ Sky → LC

Thank you for posting this.

I have been wondering about this a lot. However posting stuff like the content that is included in that web-page usually ends in dismissal. Personally I have no idea if quality digital cables work to improve audio. However I am not prepared to dismiss it, and think there is a strong argument for it.

Yet ideas like the 'print a page' analogy, and that it's data checked, makes a lot of sense. To me another quantity, the timing if slewed would have an adverse effect, given how sensitive or hearing is.

Anyway I have read the first three and will probably read it all.

To add one final argument. I was discussing this all in a What Hi-Fi forum. Someone put forward a strong point being, where do we USB users stop. What about then buying audio-quality-sata cables for the HDD and motherboard, etc.

Feb 20, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #11,660 of 42,765
I never paid for any audio equipment (amp, DAP, headphones) more than £250. Mojo was quite a step for me paying £350. And brought me the most joy ever. Thanks Chord! (Lucky deals, I know.)

Feb 20, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #11,662 of 42,765
From post 11660: 

@GreenBow

"Thank you for posting this.

I have been wondering about this a lot. However posting stuff like the content that is included in that web-page usually ends in dismissal. Personally I have no idea if quality digital cables work to improve audio. However I am not prepared to dismiss it, and think there is a strong argument for it.

Yet ideas like the 'print a page' analogy, and that it's data checked, makes a lot of sense. To me another quantity, the timing if slewed would have an adverse effect, given how sensitive or hearing is.

To add one final argument. I was discussing this all in a What Hi-Fi forum. Someone put forward a strong point being, where do we USB users stop. What about then buying audio-quality-sata cables for the HDD and motherboard, etc."

First let me apologize for not including the AIX blog link where lately he is ”looking” at cables.  Click here to visit that page. 

I do make a distinction between the music and the sound of my system - I love the music on the kitchen radio as well as my audio chain, and enjoy the hobby of “fooling with the system”.
Like many, I have tried different components  including cables and different software programs that promise to improve the system sound. Over the years I’ve mostly found that these change the sound of the system and occasionally improve it.  I like to tinker.

Since my old MBP has a 96k out limitation I have just settled on the SDragon USB cable for right now. I switch out every two weeks with Various toslinks on the advice of the Chord engineers. (Just experimenting). I’ve come to no hard conclusions for my “ears” yet.

I have tried out various cables to my amp and auditioned various bitperfect Sware; and for me this has been the most fun and had the most improvement to the music and sound of my chain.

Another important part of my desktop chain is dealing with vibration.

Haven’t expermented with sata yet, since I use external SSD/HDDs with a USB cable.

Feb 20, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #11,663 of 42,765
I also have zero regrets. Really, enjoying it.

to bestula and lextek:

that is so cool to hear...chord is offering fab bang for the buck.
I imagine that they're the envy of many an audio manufacturer.

we're in a fab time of portable audio: new daps coming out, some new smartphones
to be released tomorrow with supposedly audiophile level audio
(most notably the LG G5 and Samsung S7).

and for Chord; I can't wait to see what comes out with next.

Feb 20, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #11,664 of 42,765
Thank you for posting this.

To add one final argument. I was discussing this all in a What Hi-Fi forum. Someone put forward a strong point being, where do we USB users stop. What about then buying audio-quality-sata cables for the HDD and motherboard, etc.

That article where they list comments from the cable designers is absurd, you don't pursue the validity of a claim by consulting with people on only one side of the argument-especially people who have a financial interest in the outcome. Don't need read it-waste of time. What a joke lol

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #11,665 of 42,765
From post 11660: 

@GreenBow

"Thank you for posting this.

To add one final argument. I was discussing this all in a What Hi-Fi forum. Someone put forward a strong point being, where do we USB users stop. What about then buying audio-quality-sata cables for the HDD and motherboard, etc."

First let me apologize for not including the AIX blog link where lately he is ”looking” at cables.  Click here to visit that page. 

I do make a distinction between the music and the sound of my system - I love the music on the kitchen radio as well as my audio chain, and enjoy the hobby of “fooling with the system”.
Like many, I have tried different components  including cables and different software programs that promise to improve the system sound. Over the years I’ve mostly found that these change the sound of the system and occasionally improve it.  I like to tinker.

Since my old MBP has a 96k out limitation I have just settled on the SDragon USB cable for right now. I switch out every two weeks with Various toslinks on the advice of the Chord engineers. (Just experimenting). I’ve come to no hard conclusions for my “ears” yet.

I have tried out various cables to my amp and auditioned various bitperfect Sware; and for me this has been the most fun and had the most improvement to the music and sound of my chain.

Another important part of my desktop chain is dealing with vibration.

Haven’t expermented with sata yet, since I use external SSD/HDDs with a USB cable.

It doesn't matter if your MBP has a 96k limit, mine does go but I can still spit out 24/192 and dsd256 to mojo when configured properly.

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #11,666 of 42,765
@ Ike1965:

"It doesn't matter if your MBP has a 96k limit, mine does go but I can still spit out 24/192 and dsd256 to mojo when configured properly."

Please explain how you  configure one to do that. Thanks. 

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #11,667 of 42,765
I firmly believe the Mojo doesn't need any posh cables to enhance the sound, it's perfect as is.  If it doesn't sound adequate then maybe you disagree with the sound signature of your headphones/speakers/room

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #11,668 of 42,765
The manual says I can charge and play at the same time, but I'm not sure I can. When I plug it into my Macbook Air's via the 'battery' micro USB port, the Mojo doesn't come up as a device. And only the volume lights are illuminated. Only when I use the micro USB port with the USB icon on do I get it to play. Is that how it's meant to be?

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #11,669 of 42,765
  The manual says I can charge and play at the same time, but I'm not sure I can. When I plug it into my Macbook Air's via the 'battery' micro USB port, the Mojo doesn't come up as a device. And only the volume lights are illuminated. Only when I use the micro USB port with the USB icon on do I get it to play. Is that how it's meant to be?

Yes you have to use both to charge and play at the same time.

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #11,670 of 42,765
Ah. That would explain it! 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back