Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 20, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #11,686 of 42,765
Have you needed to remove the velcro strip from the Mojo yet? I believe this solution is safe, but I'm not sure if anyone has tested it yet.

Yes, I removed the 3M smartlock velcro and replace it with the Oyaide sheet.
It seems very strong so far and it still lets me detach/reattach my devices together.
Not sure how it goes in the long run. If it loses its sticking property after a while, I'll just use 3M velcro again.

Feb 20, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #11,688 of 42,765
There's something way better: Onkyo DP-X1 DAP. Is has twin DAC and dual microSD. SOunds great balanced on its own, too. As transport for Mojo, don't think there's anything as good that runs Android.

I wonder if the source player build by chord that will come out later this year will sound as good or better than usb out from Androids

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #11,690 of 42,765
I don't wonder at all. Onkyo is bit perfect so can't see how a Chord DAP would be any better. Also, being able to stream Tidal or Spotify is essential for many, myself included and for that you need Android.
I disagree, I've tried plenty of sources, most of them being android, all that were android were bit perfect, they all differed in sound...

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #11,691 of 42,765
There's something way better: Onkyo DP-X1 DAP. Is has twin DAC and dual microSD. SOunds great balanced on its own, too. As transport for Mojo, don't think there's anything as good that runs Android.

I'm not disputing that an Onkyo/Mojo combo would sound good, but that would definitely not be the best bang for your buck.

I imagine the devices sound fairly similar, and neither can power inefficient headphones. Considering the Mojo is outstanding for the price, one would be much better off stacking it with an Android phone, such as a Galaxy S4.

Unless I'm missing something, and the Onkyo dap has a particularly powerful amp... Laws of physics indicate this isn't likely.

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #11,692 of 42,765
S4 doesn't have dual microSD and pretty much sucks by itself. The Onkyo is worth the money for how it sounds balanced and then there's the perfect implementation on the in-house player app, its very large storage capacity and the current Android. It is also way better built than a Samsung phone.

Feb 21, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #11,694 of 42,765
I will test with my DT1770 when I receive the Mojo Monday night. I imagine it will be a wonderful, considering the Oppo HA-2 had no trouble with them at all.

thanks , will be waiting for your update

also do you use 1770 for home usage ?

because i wanted to buy it for home usage but some people told me that since it's a studio headphone the sound of it might get boring after a while of listening , at first it might be good

do you agree ? i mean i generally listen to pop and hip hop and dance , u think it's a good headphone for that or should i stay with t90 ? ( if you could test the 1770 and mojo with some pop and dance music for me that would be very helpful , just tell me how does it sound )

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #11,697 of 42,765
  @ Ike1965:

"It doesn't matter if your MBP has a 96k limit, mine does go but I can still spit out 24/192 and dsd256 to mojo when configured properly."

Please explain how you  configure one to do that. Thanks. 

Ok, first you need to configure your MBP per the Mojo manual on the Chord website, after you've done that, download Jriver Media Center and copy my settings, I'm using MC version 20:

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #11,699 of 42,765

Ok, first you need to configure your MBP per the Mojo manual on the Chord website, after you've done that, download Jriver Media Center and copy my settings, I'm using MC version 20:

Thanks so much for the JRiver settings. I also like Audirvana. I wondered from your post if you had a way of configuring the older MBP to overcome its built in limitation. There are a number of software programs that get around the built in MBP limits and send bit perfect music to the Mojo.

Thanks again.

MBP → SDragon → Mojo → AQ Sky → LC

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #11,700 of 42,765
That article where they list comments from the cable designers is absurd, you don't pursue the validity of a claim by consulting with people on only one side of the argument-especially people who have a financial interest in the outcome. Don't need read it-waste of time. What a joke lol

No. I will read it if I want.

I am keeping an open mind. As well as being cautious because the info is from cable manufacturers.

Like I said I have no idea if they work to improve audio. Theretically I can think why quality digital cables would. That article seems like a potential source of information on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back