1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656
658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667
Next

Last
  1. Ra97oR

If the white charging light switch on and off, it might well be charging properly but with a broken battery instead.

2. SLCanhead
    The light is solid white (not flashing/switching on and off.) I can hear that charging "noise" that some have spoken of, if I hold it close to my ear.

If I remove the cable from the charger, it will not turn on at all. If I plug it back in, the lights cycle, go red, then i hear a click and it shuts off. 

3. yoyorast10
    Just got the mojo and charging it for the first time. Is it normal for it to make noise while charging? At first I thought it was something that came from my PC or something. Just didn't expect it to make a noise like somethings spinning in it.

Also, is there a way to know when its fully charged?

4. Ra97oR

Depends on the charger and cable combo.

More details: http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9810#post_12277858

5. x RELIC x Contributor

You'll know it's fully charged when the little white light below the USB port is off. If the light isn't on then you need a more powerful charger.

The noise is normal, but the amount will depend on the quality of the charger:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9765#post_12275843

6. nmatheis Contributor
    I'm wondering about these cases for Mojo, too. Specifically about heat build up. I imagine it'll probably be fine during normal use and charging, but perhaps it'll need to be removed if you're playing while charging which seems to generate the most heat?

7. yoyorast10
    "Some users reported the first half second of tracks are missed when selecting a track using Foobar with computers"

I actually have the same problem now but with Musicbee. So I doubt it's the players, it must be mojo or the software. Is there no fix to this?

"A. The solution was to use JRiver as posted by @psikey However I use Media Go and want to avoid exporting files or maybe having to buy JRiver if it costs"

I don't even know what this means.. the solution is to use another player? What the heck is up with that.

8. NaiveSound

Luckily cases are not permanent, so taking it off is no hassle,

But there are no cases on the market right now.... Which is disappointing

9. x RELIC x Contributor

This thread is on a merry-go-round.......... Users can use the 'search this thread' option.

This was covered recently:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9795#post_12277215

The linked reply from Rob Watts mentions the 0.5 second mute when switching sampling rates, but I imagine it also applies to initially starting music at any sampling rate to avoid any 'pops'.

simonm likes this.
  10. Stealer

ClieOS,
    Can u share the link that u bought the TRRS right angled low profile jack that u used for making the coaxial cable.. lm too looking for the low profile type of jacks for fiiox3ii n mojo combo.
    Thx

simonm likes this.
  11. yoyorast10

"Now this fault is in the app, its absolutely nothing to do with the DAC"

How come it's not there for other USB dacs?

What option should I look for in foobar to fix it?

12. x RELIC x Contributor

Because they put in a 0.5 second delay when the sampling rate changes (and I presume when the sampling rate initiates). Other DACs may not do this. It's a design choice. As Rob said in his post try adding a 0.5 second delay in your application to avoid the 0.5 second mute on the Mojo, as I highlit in bold in my previous reply.

13. NaiveSound

I wish I could do that with my dx80 (it pops, thuds, cracks, and f%&s your ears up the first second of a song, when switching songs. (Main reason I'm getting rid of dx80.

It Only does it when I use Mojo!

Anyways is there a way?

14. nmatheis Contributor
    There are actually other devices that implement the same 0.5 second mute when switching between sampling rates. The Soundaware Esther DAP does this for exactly the same reason Mojo does it. In fact, Soundaware Esther was actually doing this before Mojo came to market.

15. Ra97oR

Using foobar' DSP add on.

https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dsp_silence

Configure 500ms silence before the track.

First

Back
647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656
658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667
Next

Last