1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605
607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616
Next

Last
  1. Daniel Patino
    I am considering the Mojo for use mainly as a USB DAC connected to my laptop. How does the battery behave when fully charged and the device is working at the same time that the charging USB is connected? Does it keep draining the battery and charging it at the same time or does it bypass the battery and function from the power received via USB?

Also, what life expectancy would this battery have? Would it be easily replaceable by the user?

2. music4mhell
    It won
    It won't by pass, mojo takes power only from Battery.
    According to John Frank, Life expectancy of Battery in Mojo is around 10/15 Years.
    And yes, it's easily replaceable. 

3. Daniel Patino
    Great news! Thanks a lot! :)

4. jarnopp

I received the Taobao lightning-micro-USB cable today.  Tested briefly and it is working on iOS 9.2 with iPhone 6S and Mojo.  So, for $45 including shipping and about 2 weeks total time, not bad if it continues to work.  Again, this will be an ultra-portable solution for flights/airplane mode listening.  Generally, I prefer a longer micro-USB cable with the CCK as it lets me keep the Mojo further away form the phone and allows easier movement/control of the phone.

IMG_1058.jpg

5. x RELIC x Contributor

Chord has stated that they will replace the battery if necessary, but user replaceable is another thing. They strongly suggest to only go through Chord channels for battery replacement.

Edit: Read this.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/6600#post_12150328

6. wongzuohan

Holy **** that is a life saver, gonna get one now

7. rechtkid

is there any difference in SQ between via cck and via Taobao lightning-micro-USB cable? im still waiting for that cable from taobao too.

8. betula
    Could someone recommend a cable making company in the U.K. please?

9. x RELIC x Contributor

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk

http://www.chord.co.uk/products/

betula likes this.
  10. omastic
    I have been using the Onkyo HF player on my Xperia Z3 for a while now. With screen turned off, there are stutters and small delays in playback. It happens once in a while every few mins. Initially I put the blame on the USB cable but recently I have received another higher quality cable and the issue still remains.

Today I tried the USB Pro Player and it seems like there are no stutters with the screen on sleep. Unfortunately I haven't been able to test for long enough but so far no stuttering at all. I am thinking of making the switch even though I much prefer Onkyo's interface.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue using the Onkyo app? And also are there any other better choices compared to the above mentioned apps?

11. koziakauzu

Are you using the stamina mode?

12. omastic
    Stamina mode is disabled.

13. henriks

http://www.designacable.com

Nottingham UK

14. masterpfa
    Note quite the reply you are looking for, but I am using UAPP and do not experience any problems screen on or off, but usability is determined by the power of your phone especially if looking to play Native DSD etc. I have never regretted my choice having tried Onkyo several times. But individuals user experiences, I know do differ, but my player of choice. YMMV

Probably others who have used ONKYO HF can answer you actual question in more detail.

15. NZtechfreak
    UAPP is a better app than the Onkyo one where USB audio is concerned on Android, in my experience.

First

Back
596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605
607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616
Next

Last