Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 9, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #8,896 of 42,765
I've been using my Solo-R with my iPod Classics for a couple of years or more and have been guilty of ignoring it in the light of new DAPs and Mojo etc. I use Line Out to amps.

It literally just occurred to me that I have never used the Solo's coaxial S/PDIF output. With the appropriate cable, I should be able to connect this to my Mojo, right?

Unless I'm missing something, isn't using the Solo and Mojo redundant? Don't they do the same thing? Wouldn't you be plugging the iPod directly into the Mojo?

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #8,897 of 42,765
hey guys,

does anyone use this dac/amp to power an audeze lcd 2 up without additional amps?
are the lcd 2s easily driven by the mojo? or do we need need an additional amp?

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #8,898 of 42,765
hey guys,

does anyone use this dac/amp to power an audeze lcd 2 up without additional amps?

In a thread 590+ pages long, “search this thread" button is your friend. I'd be shocked if there weren't multiple lcd 2 impressions.

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #8,899 of 42,765
I've been using my Solo-R with my iPod Classics for a couple of years or more and have been guilty of ignoring it in the light of new DAPs and Mojo etc. I use Line Out to amps.

It literally just occurred to me that I have never used the Solo's coaxial S/PDIF output. With the appropriate cable, I should be able to connect this to my Mojo, right?

Unless I'm missing something, isn't using the Solo and Mojo redundant? Don't they do the same thing? Wouldn't you be plugging the iPod directly into the Mojo?

One advantage; since many older iPods do not send a compatible digital signal to Chord products, the Solo does and would allow you to use an iPod that might otherwise not work.  Also, there was an interesting comment on a Headfonia review of the Hugo that the Solo connect to the Hugo sounded great, so I would imagine there might be a similar synergy with the Mojo.  Downside would be the fact that you now are talking about a pretty sizable brick to carry around.

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #8,900 of 42,765
Exactly.

Also I highly doubt the AK380 on its own sounds better than there Mojo plus a DAP. Maybe a RWAC380 would sound better but now you're at around $4000.00
Ken

Erhmmm...while Mojo is very good, I still think AK380 has it own tricks up it sleeve, and not just brand alone :D. I wouldn't under-estimate the AK380 that much. For all that said, the thing I dislike much about it is the rip-off pricing though.

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #8,901 of 42,765
Erhmmm...while Mojo is very good, I still think AK380 has it own tricks up it sleeve, and not just brand alone
biggrin.gif
. I wouldn't under-estimate the AK380 that much. For all that said, the thing I dislike much about it is the rip-off pricing though.

Unfortunately, with the 1.19 firmware update (updating from 1.17), the AK380 sound has got a lot worse, with or without Mojo.

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #8,903 of 42,765

One advantage; since many older iPods do not send a compatible digital signal to Chord products, the Solo does and would allow you to use an iPod that might otherwise not work.  Also, there was an interesting comment on a Headfonia review of the Hugo that the Solo connect to the Hugo sounded great, so I would imagine there might be a similar synergy with the Mojo.  Downside would be the fact that you now are talking about a pretty sizable brick to carry around.

Interesting. Let us know how it sounds once you get it hooked up.

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #8,904 of 42,765
Erhmmm...while Mojo is very good, I still think AK380 has it own tricks up it sleeve, and not just brand alone
biggrin.gif
. I wouldn't under-estimate the AK380 that much. For all that said, the thing I dislike much about it is the rip-off pricing though.

The AK320 certainly looks better value. 

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #8,905 of 42,765
A we bit off topic but, I bought the cable for the Iphone/MoJo from Taobao and it arrived at there warehouse and I have to pay shipping now and when I choose a payment method nothing happens. Anyone experience this?

I don't recall that. I was able to do it on my iPhone using PayPal, but maybe try from a desktop computer and see if you can make it work?

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #8,906 of 42,765
You'll need popcorn for this, as it's 30 minutes, but here is my video review, which covers most of the same things my written review did, but adds things such as Rob's graphs and the AClear Porta (twice, because it was shot over a couple of weeks and I forgot I'd already mentioned it).

Very nice and comprehensive - thank you!

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #8,907 of 42,765
biggrin.gif

Personally I have to hear something and not just the hype. I heard all of the great things about the AK240. I had the AK240SS for a week in my home along with the Hifiman 901S. To me and my friend, the 901S blew it away.

I might be able to get a good comparison. I got the AK320 to use with the Mojo. It has the same dual AKM AK4490 DAC as the AK320.  

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #8,908 of 42,765
hey guys,

YEAH SURE YOU CAN USE THE SEARCH, BUT I can tell you that I read somewhere that the combination of mojo and lcd2 is supposed to be super awesome... Best thing might be trying for yourself :D

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #8,909 of 42,765
[/SPOILER]
3M Dual Lock is great but is there a 'thin' Dual Lock option (anyone). I've always found Dual Lock to result in adding a bit too much thickness.

Edit: Found it, never mind. :)

Would you mind sharing your finding? :)

Jan 9, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #8,910 of 42,765

Personally I have to hear something and not just the hype. I heard all of the great things about the AK240. I had the AK240SS for a week in my home along with the Hifiman 901S. To me and my friend, the 901S blew it away.

I might be able to get a good comparison. I got the AK320 to use with the Mojo. It has the same dual AKM AK4490 DAC as the AK320.  

I don't understand why the AK320's DAC chip is relevant if using it with the Mojo.  The Mojo is the DAC so all the AK320 is doing is sending the bits across -surely those bits are identical whether you use an AK320, AK380 or a much cheaper DAP? or am I missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back