Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 4, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #8,476 of 42,765
@masterpfa
Yeah I'll join You!
Maybe they fix it fast...

As I was compiling my email the developer has posted v2.5
Give it another try @audi0nick128

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #8,477 of 42,765
was hoping for sounds to come from every direction and to truly impress everyone as far as a good audio, I was thinking 3d sound all around me and a true (live stage)

I just wanted to be like *wow* super engaging, I don't think it'd mojos signature, I actually love how non fatiguing it is, but the se846 may not be for me, idk. Definitely not what I imagined at the $ they ask for

How are the UE pro 18? Anyone tried them?

Everyone has there own tastes as far as what they like and what sounds good to them. What one person likes, another may not.

I'll give you a relevant example. For my home system I have a PS Audio DirectStream DAC. I love how it sounds, Very spacious and cohesive sound. Someone I know has an Aurilac Vega DAC. I borrowed and hooked it up this past weekend. It is amazing how different they sound. Vega is very forward. Each instrument has authority but the soundstage is not nearly as good as the PS Audio. I was enamored by the Vega but I would miss the soundstage, and I think I would get fatigued listening to it. I then had my wife listen to both and she did not like the Vega for the attributes I just mentioned. I said are you sure? She said maybe you like it and its right for you, but It is not my preference. So to each their own

Also note that some recordings are better than others. Some have a huge soundstage and other not so much.

When I ever audition any equipment (source, amps, headphones, etc) I always use the same song or songs to compare. This way you have a point of reference. 

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #8,478 of 42,765
Battery seemed a bit weak today

Started listening this morning with blue llight(had probably 90% charge). I listened to one 24/192 flac album, 2 DSD songs and the rest were all 16/44 flacs. Lasted 4.5 hours, noticed led was indicating red. Hoped it would last til I got back to work but it didn't.

Charged to full in 2.5 hours at work(light off, blue led light when turned on).

Seems like it went dead faster than usual and charged faster than usual.

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #8,479 of 42,765
@NaiveSound Have you tried experimenting with any DSP/Crossfeed type effects? There are a number of soundcards, daps, amps that feature them, in addition to software/app plugins (or as I mentioned before those new lear inears). I personally have not heard any particularly good ones but some people swear by them and that maybe what you are looking for.... or maybe just go full binaural
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #8,480 of 42,765
was hoping for sounds to come from every direction and to truly impress everyone as far as a good audio, I was thinking 3d sound all around me and a true (live stage)

I just wanted to be like *wow* super engaging, I don't think it'd mojos signature, I actually love how non fatiguing it is, but the se846 may not be for me, idk. Definitely not what I imagined at the $ they ask for

First of all, this super 3D will not happen if the recording and mastering is not excellent. For example if you listen to a lot of punk, or similarly bad sounding recording, even an Orpheus 2 will not make it sound good.

Then, it means you want an iem with excellent space, imaging, and dynamics. I am thinking Oriolus, Solar or 1plus2.

But you have to make your own research on the adequate threads and not just ask here.

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #8,482 of 42,765

"Horses for Courses" - I recently went from TF10s to SE846 (using DX90 to Mojo) and was wowed (big time)

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #8,483 of 42,765
@masterpfa I wonder why anyone would use another DAP
biggrin.gif
. The only other size match I found are DX50 / DX90.

Plenue D having no digital out made me sad
frown.gif
  Maybe there are some good small phones out there?

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #8,484 of 42,765

Firs thing first...are you talking about Mojo, or 846 though ? I don't have 846, so I don't know how 846 render the soundstage....but mojo ? I see where you are coming from

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #8,485 of 42,765
First of all, this super 3D will not happen if the recording and mastering is not excellent. For example if you listen to a lot of punk, or similarly bad sounding recording, even an Orpheus 2 will not make it sound good.

Then, it means you want an iem with excellent space, imaging, and dynamics. I am thinking Oriolus, Solar or 1plus2.

But you have to make your own research on the adequate threads and not just ask here.

ADEL A12 also meets these requirements bit again as mentioned-it must be present in the recording first.

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #8,487 of 42,765
ADEL A12 also meets these requirements bit again as mentioned-it must be present in the recording first.

Noble K10 as well. As you mentioned though, if it is present in the recording, then it won't be there when you listen. I have some recordings that sound good on anything, and others that don't sound good on anything.

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #8,488 of 42,765
I listen to 10 songs mostly and they are across 3 different genres and tried them in 320kbs and 16/44m1 and some in 24/96

Some recordings were better than others, but none wowed,

It may just be the Mojo, maybe the iems I have (se846) are fine. Idk

Maybe what I'm looking for costs 10k, I'm at a loss... Feeling pretty bummed, might just give up

Just feel let down, but I do love the Mojo, just wanted more *forwsrd[ or really just fun and engaging

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #8,489 of 42,765
I listen to 10 songs mostly and they are across 3 different genres and tried them in 320kbs and 16/44m1 and some in 24/96

Some recordings were better than others, but none wowed,

It may just be the Mojo, maybe the iems I have (se846) are fine. Idk

Maybe what I'm looking for costs 10k, I'm at a loss... Feeling pretty bummed, might just give up

Just feel let down, but I do love the Mojo, just wanted more *forwsrd[ or really just fun and engaging

Ah...common....lol, What else do you use to determine those above Mojo+846 not engaging or spacious enough ? You gotta have a references points where you come from < what is that ? Or your girl friend gears. What does she use ? I am sure neither Mojo nor 846 is obvious and straight out that bad that just "anyone" can call out the "bad" points. So....tell me, what are your references points ?

Jan 4, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #8,490 of 42,765
I listen to 10 songs mostly and they are across 3 different genres

I think the wow you are missing is in the fantastic music you haven't yet heard. Getting bogged down in tech is stopping you from enjoying music. Just 10 songs!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back