Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 17, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #646 of 42,765
Hey guys, I have the question in to Rob about what new battery tech is in the MoJo. I see they are using Lithium-Polymer (Li-Po) instead of Lithium-ion. This would explain a lot as Li-Po has more storage density and is capable of more raw current output rate (C) than Li-ion, but has usually been more finicky on the safety side of usage. I'm guessing the new battery tech is in the temperature handling as Li-Po has been notorious for not reacting well to heat (experience with high end radio controlled cars and helicopter kits).

I'll let you guys know when I find out more. :)

Unless I'm mistaken, LiPo is simply a type of lithium ion battery :) if I remember correctly it is the most commonly used type of lithium ion battery :)

Oct 17, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #647 of 42,765
Unless I'm mistaken, LiPo is simply a type of lithium ion battery :) if I remember correctly it is the most commonly used type of lithium ion battery :)

Sorry friend but they are different. It's a common mistake to generalize the two.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/is_lithium_ion_the_ideal_battery

I was backwards in my post though concerning power density. Oops.

Think of Li-ion as a porous material soaked in an electrolyte. Li-po is made from a solid plastic like dry material battery.

"The lithium-polymer differentiates itself from conventional battery systems in the type of electrolyte used. The original design, dating back to the 1970s, uses a dry solid polymer electrolyte. This electrolyte resembles a plastic-like film that does not conduct electricity but allows ions exchange (electrically charged atoms or groups of atoms). The polymer electrolyte replaces the traditional porous separator, which is soaked with electrolyte.

The dry polymer design offers simplifications with respect to fabrication, ruggedness, safety and thin-profile geometry. With a cell thickness measuring as little as one millimeter (0.039 inches), equipment designers are left to their own imagination in terms of form, shape and size. "

Oct 17, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #648 of 42,765
Wish all these battery containing devices had fast charging like phones and the HA-2. Please take note for the next generation :)

Oct 17, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #649 of 42,765
Is Mojo as good as other Chords DACs when used as a fixed line level DAC?

I want to upgrade from the good old QuteHD, and I'm wondering whether the 2Qute is still better than Mojo for line level purposes.

Mojo is handy as a headphone amp too, so it's more practical than buying a 2Qute. I would like to hear what people think.

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #650 of 42,765
Here's a food for thought, I have a zx1 and am planning to use mojo when mine arrives.

Should I sell the zx1 and get a small smart phone that will gave sd card slot and is capable of accepting 128 GB cards.

It might be cheaper and better fit.
I cannot use my current one plus one as is only 64 GB and had photos and rest files so no room for music.

What do you think guys.

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #651 of 42,765
Here's a food for thought, I have a zx1 and am planning to use mojo when mine arrives.

Should I sell the zx1 and get a small smart phone that will gave sd card slot and is capable of accepting 128 GB cards.

It might be cheaper and better fit.
I cannot use my current one plus one as is only 64 GB and had photos and rest files so no room for music.

What do you think guys.

I will sale the zx-1 and wait for the dongle for the mojo which has SD and wifi. From the looks of it any phone with wifi connection can act like a remote control for mojo which will be essentially a DAP which possibly function with some offical chord app. 

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #652 of 42,765
  Hey gang - Think it's worth starting another thread - "Best portable source for the Chord Mojo"

Cheers 

as I was explaining to 'Huckleberry the Cat' the other day, the best portable-source for the Mojo is your paws (feet for humanoids)... the source really isn't that important as Mojo was designed for phones, hth...
normal_smile .gif

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #653 of 42,765
  I will sale the zx-1 and wait for the dongle for the mojo which has SD and wifi. From the looks of it any phone with wifi connection can act like a remote control for mojo which will be essentially a DAP which possibly function with some offical chord app. 

Would love to see this realised. SQ of the Mojo and UI of an iPhone, without having to use the hideous CCK.

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #655 of 42,765
See Rob's slideshow post
This should be linked from the OP before it get's too deeply buried in the thread.
Has Hugo Power output
Hugo like sound quality and musicality

AND just as importantly :

Mojo shares Hugo FPGA code

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #656 of 42,765
Remember the hint is the new FPGA is able to do what the older Spartan 6 might not be able to do so. As important as specs are in this particular case I like to know the least I can as long as I can so I let my ears and my music judge.

As much as I love to read the commentary behind the genius who has made mojo available I like to read about it later. 

Oct 17, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #658 of 42,765

Would love to see this realised. SQ of the Mojo and UI of an iPhone, without having to use the hideous CCK.

I'm in!

Oct 17, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #660 of 42,765
How's this different from Bluetooth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back